What Bourbon did you purchase today? Winter '13-'14

bigtoys
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Several bottles of a local store pick of EWSB 2013. Seems to be a good barrel and I already had some labels made up on the Bardstown Whiskey Society webpage to go on EWSB 2013 bottles as gifts. Since I know this barrel is good I don't have to worry about which barrel to get! But it has sold quickly and there were only a few bottles left!

If you're in the Christmas spirit, as someone who just started working in ATL and loves a good store pick, I'd love to pick one up. I know people are shy about publicizing their good finds, but if you'd want to send me a message with that store name in it, I'd be very appreciative

I dont plan on making any purchases any time soon. I have lots open right now, and hoping the fat guy drops off some good stuff tonight as well.

If I buy anything soon, it may just be a stockpile of a few age stated BIB's just to be safe.....

Not a purchase, got a PVW 15 from my mother in law for Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW!, now that is a great Mother in Law.

Merry Christmas.

Tony

I am surprised that you guys didn't open it in the parking lot! :lol:

We still had a few more stores to hit, but cracked that baby last night . . . and not one regret with it! I'm not a big fan of 86 proofers, but it was lovely! Appears to be from 85, and "only 4 yrs old" ;)

Got this a while ago but wanted to let the tide pass by locally first before posting.

No lines or hunting except for good contacts holding these for me and some luck. One GTS from a SB friend.

BTAC 2013:

3- GTS

2- WLW

ER17

THH

ha2yjeje.jpg

Merry Christmas.

Got a call from a store while on vacation. He said he had a 10/107, a lot B, or if I wanted I could have one of each. Reasonably priced at $49 and $79. I took one of each, paid over the phone, and shall be collecting them in a week or so.

We still had a few more stores to hit, but cracked that baby last night . . . and not one regret with it! I'm not a big fan of 86 proofers, but it was lovely! Appears to be from 85, and "only 4 yrs old" ;)

post-9213-14489820154036_thumb.jpg

Loaded up on a bunch of stuff while visiting family for the holidays:

2x VOB BIB

VOB 90

2x Baby Saz

Weller 12

Old Ezra 7 year/101

Old Fitz BIB

WFE 4 year rye

A few local store selections:

FRSB, OESQ recipe

SA Old Scout 10 year bourbon (115.2 proof)

SA Old Scout 8 year rye

WSR single barrel

Aaaand toss in a bottle of Herbsaint for making Sazeracs. Last bourbon purchase of the year, I swear!

I had to help her find some of these the last few days, but the wife got me some good Christmas goodies. udy2ygum.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17197[/ATTACH]

Loaded up on a bunch of stuff while visiting family for the holidays:

2x VOB BIB

VOB 90

2x Baby Saz

Weller 12

Old Ezra 7 year/101

Old Fitz BIB

WFE 4 year rye

A few local store selections:

FRSB, OESQ recipe

SA Old Scout 10 year bourbon (115.2 proof)

SA Old Scout 8 year rye

WSR single barrel

Aaaand toss in a bottle of Herbsaint for making Sazeracs. Last bourbon purchase of the year, I swear!

That haul looks like it filled up the sleigh!

I had to help her find some of these the last few days, but the wife got me some good Christmas goodies. udy2ygum.jpg

Simple, but beautiful! Quality, yet not understated.

Looks like you couldn't help yourself, and had to open one up already ! :shocked:

Simple, but beautiful! Quality, yet not understated.

Looks like you couldn't help yourself, and had to open one up already ! :shocked:

I almost always have a VOB BIB open. I guess I can't treat them like I usually do anymore, which is blowing through it like its coca cola

I picked up a few dusties. Anyone have any idea how old they are?

The OF doesn't have a government warning. Has a 96 HH on the bottom.

The OC doesn't have a government warning. I think the tax stamp is a faux tax stamp (don't see any numbers on there).

I have no idea about the champion bourbon. I bought 3 bottles of it. One has a 58 on the bottom. The other 2 have a 77 and 76 on the bottom. None have gov't warning labels.

The OGD has no gov't warning. From Frankfort, KY. Has an f-88 on the label.

Any ideas?

post-10513-14489820154597_thumb.jpg

Got a bottle of Blanton's SB from my BIL. He has given me whiskey each of the last 3 years and even though he only drinks rum as a mixer, he hasn't given me a stinker yet.

The Forester appears to be between 1985 and 1989 as it has the plastic closure developed in the mid 80s but is prewarning. Charter having fake tax strips is about the same era. The Dant with the metal screw closure is earlier, perhaps late 70s.

I believe Champion was a Schenley brand, does the label say Louisville, KY and Lawrencenburg, IN? It was a lower tier value brand and I remember drinking some in probably the late 70s but don't recall much else about it.

post-10513-14489820156298_thumb.jpg

Sorry here is the picture of the OGD. I've been following the site for about a month and am glad to now be a member. Thanks!

post-10513-14489820156298_thumb.jpg

The Forester appears to be between 1985 and 1989 as it has the plastic closure developed in the mid 80s but is prewarning. Charter having fake tax strips is about the same era. The Dant with the metal screw closure is earlier, perhaps late 70s.

I believe Champion was a Schenley brand, does the label say Louisville, KY and Lawrencenburg, IN? It was a lower tier value brand and I remember drinking some in probably the late 70s but don't recall much else about it.

Christmas gifts - EC21, CEHT Small Batch and a Redbreast 12 Cask Strength. Plus my daughter got me a little Buffalo Trace Christmas ornament bottle and the book about Pappy/Stitzel-Weller. I'm a lucky guy.

Gary, that's probably an OF-414, although since an 86 proofer, probably does not have DSP on bottle. I had some last night. Lovely whiskey, with that dusty creaminess and mouthfeel. One of my favorite dusties.

Great find.

Cards you have a find there, age stated Grand Dad is not something you see everyday. I suggest you go back and grab any more they have and the Foresters as well.

Grabbed 2 Jeffersons 18 year store select. I'm excited to try my first stitzel-weller!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!