What Bourbon did you purchase today? Winter '13-'14

bigtoys
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

ETL @ $31 while in Ohio for the holidays. A great pour at a so-so price that was an easy purchase for me, since it seems to have taken a permanent vacation from the shelves back home in North Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had passed up the new 12 Year Bowman Port Finished at $69.99. So when I came across the Bowman today on sale for a whopping $6 discount, I bought not one, but two bottles. Guess I'm an easy mark...Looking forward to giving it a try.

today picked up ,3- elmer t lee,2- 4r small batch,3-wild turkey rye THE 101 proof,1-case of AAA 10YR,not the 10 star crap

Old Heaven Hill 8 year old- 2 handles at 17.99 a piece. They are discontinuing this wonderful anchor of the Minnesota bottom shelf as has been mentioned on the board. All the "real" bourbon guys I know are beside themselves with the loss of this one. Talked to the main buyer at one of my locals and he said he is working on a deal for 25 cases of it so he can close it out "with a bang" for his customers. I hope he pulls it off so we have it around for a few more months.

Picked up a bottle of Very Old Barton 86 proof with the aged 6 year label on the neck for a hair under $10. It was dusty and hidden behind two bottles with just 6 on the neck.

Went to visit family in WI and purchased an Old Forester, then checked a small MN/WI border store, and picked up a WTRB, and Dickel Barrel Select.

Thanks to a Binny's order, I now have:

FR OBSK

FR OESK

FR OESO

FR OESV

FR OBSQ

BT Single Barrel Binny's selection

Haven't opened the FR bottles yet as I already have a few of the Barrel Strength bottles open, but the BT is noticeably better than the regular BT which I like. Very happy with it.

Picked up a 750ml VOB 6y 90 proof (passed on a bunch of 1.75s may go back to stock up).

a few days ago, decided to go to a store close by to get my name on next fall's pappy allocation list (might as well start early I thought) and the manager brought out an ORVW10 ($38), which was a pleasant surprise.

Thanks to a Binny's order, I now have:

FR OBSK

FR OESK

FR OESO

FR OESV

FR OBSQ

BT Single Barrel Binny's selection

Haven't opened the FR bottles yet as I already have a few of the Barrel Strength bottles open, but the BT is noticeably better than the regular BT which I like. Very happy with it.

i was wondering about the binnys sb selrction they have it here what did that bottle set you back,just opened my 1st 4r small batch today pretty good stuff

Old Heaven Hill 8 year old- 2 handles at 17.99 a piece. They are discontinuing this wonderful anchor of the Minnesota bottom shelf as has been mentioned on the board. All the "real" bourbon guys I know are beside themselves with the loss of this one. Talked to the main buyer at one of my locals and he said he is working on a deal for 25 cases of it so he can close it out "with a bang" for his customers. I hope he pulls it off so we have it around for a few more months.

We dont get that one here, but with the love it gets on here, If I were one to like it, Id grab a case or two of that when it comes in....especially at that price. remember, no matter how many you buy, someday you will wish you had bought more.

I didn't purchase these, but they were given to me as b-day gifts by some friends. I have never had either. One friend knows I like whiskey and cider, and the other knows I usually start at 100 proof and that I hadnt had this one yet. Look forward to them!

post-10005-14489820215289_thumb.jpg

I didn't purchase these, but they were given to me as b-day gifts by some friends. I have never had either. One friend knows I like whiskey and cider, and the other knows I usually start at 100 proof and that I hadnt had this one yet. Look forward to them!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17308[/ATTACH]

Free. That's a price point no one should turn down. Never seen the JD cider. Do post details.

Found 4 OFBB13 while on a trip to Fernadina Beach FL. I bought one, and after a few friends tried it, they went and bought the rest.

i was wondering about the binnys sb selrction they have it here what did that bottle set you back,just opened my 1st 4r small batch today pretty good stuff

They're usually $55 but have been on sale for $50. They were out of a bunch of the recipes for a while and now that they have all 10 available again they've been on sale.

My sister sent a message saying she snagged a VOB BIB 6yr for me back in Indy.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

2 Stagg jr's, a Smooth Ambler, a Medley 12. Walking back to train station in Providence RI with all of them in a messenger bag. I just invented Whiskeysize. Just another whiskey health benefit. When get home I'll do some 2 Oz curls.

Ted

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17326[/ATTACH]

looking forward to trying this baby. anybody got info on it? seemingly from 1965...

Don't hold out on us man. Post some notes when you do crack that thing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17326[/ATTACH]

looking forward to trying this baby. anybody got info on it? seemingly from 1965...

Looks like a gem. Should be posted on Twitter throw back Thursday (#tbt)!!

Can't wait to hear how it is.

Got these a couple of weeks ago

PVW so far

PVW23

3 LotB

3 ORVW10

No lines, hunting or craziness. I would have just skipped and was planning too. My main contact unbelievably got seven bottles and held six for me. He asked if I am ok to leave a PVW15 for his good friend and client which I said of course.

I do almost all my purchases here throughout the year and not a seasonal one time buyer. I offered to give him a bottle of 10/107 or LotB but he graciously said no so I gave him an EC GS BP (better than ECBP1) that I have gift bagged in preparation.

uzuru9yb.jpg

Bought a bottle of FR1BBP privte selection. OESO aged for 10 years and 9 months. Can't wait to pop it open!

Got these the last couple days from several members that were nice enough to act as bourbon mules. Thank you to all, it is very much appreciated.

post-8793-14489820266322_thumb.jpg

Got these the last couple days from several members that were nice enough to act as bourbon mules. Thank you to all, it is very much appreciated.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17366[/ATTACH]

That, my man...is a whole lotta Pig.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!