What Bourbon did you purchase today? Winter '13-'14

bigtoys
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I picture him shaking his head and smiling while signing.....he just hanging out during gift shop visit? or an event?

I picture him shaking his head and smiling while signing.....he just hanging out during gift shop visit? or an event?

He was just smiling and shaking his head. I was picking up some bottles for a member here and picked one up for myself and he was just standing there signing in the gift shop.

The good Lord knew what he was doing when he brought me into this world as a coonass from South Louisiana. Because if I lived up there in Bourbon country I would probably live in those gift shops. That's a cool thing that Jim was just hanging around signing bottles. That should be a good bottle of bourbon.

Picked up another 4R 125th.

Also, my contact has a case (3) of ECBP waiting for me. Wondering this may be batch 3.

This has been my daily pour now. Intermix with my other bottles, this get consume about a bottle every 2 months or less.

Wondering this may be batch 3.

Most likely. This seems to have hit the bay today. Picked up a bottle myself!

Most likely. This seems to have hit the bay today. Picked up a bottle myself!

Yup. 133.2 proof 66.6%. Just picked them up. I'm going to pop one open since my other bottle (137) is about to be empty.

Was wondering how is this exactly the same percent alcohol as PHC 6th?

Edited by tigerlam92

Saw a 1792 Ridgemont age stated 8 years, remembered reading that they're eliminating the age statement, so snapped it up. Haven't had a lot of 1792 before, but I liked it when I've drank it and at the price it certainly seemed like a good value before it goes NAS.

OFBB13 X2. Ive been branching out into unknown liquor stores lately. Im so glad to have done so. I believe they will continue to get my future patronage. A little farther, but they seem to have what I want.

A couple wax top ETL bottles landed on my desk, thanks to a generous fellow SBer. Looking forward to cracking one open tonight and comparing to my open ETL!

A couple wax top ETL bottles landed on my desk, thanks to a generous fellow SBer. Looking forward to cracking one open tonight and comparing to my open ETL!

This week I bought and finished some four roses small batch and picked up a bottle of buffalo trace. Still trying to drink and taste all the decent under 30 bourbon at my local ABC. I think I have a few more months of this before I get into anything more significant.

With rumors that the OWA single barrels are getting scarce (and being they were never overly plentiful in the first place), I bought a bunch for the bunker. I now have enough W12 and OWA SB to make many an SB blend, one my staples and favorites.

This week I bought and finished some four roses small batch and picked up a bottle of buffalo trace. Still trying to drink and taste all the decent under 30 bourbon at my local ABC. I think I have a few more months of this before I get into anything more significant.

Yeah, take your time and figure out what you like. FR SmB is a really good bourbon as is Buffalo Trace. Neither will kill your wallet.

Heaven Hill 6 BIB 2x750 and 1x1.75

VOB BIB 1.75

Old Scout 10 Yr Corn Whiskey for TPS 62%

Henry McKenna 10 Yr BIB

Edited by chrisg

Wasn't planning on purchasing anything, but well, you know how that goes. Came across an '03 EWSB that was 10 yrs 8 mo old, so picked that up. Also picked up nicely priced Whistlepig and AE ryes.

Picked up a bottle of WSR 7 Year today for $20 - found three of them at a liquor store I never go to. May go back for the other two now.

Picked up an EWSB 97 too. Now have a 95 and 97-03 from the last few months. Seems like the tough ones are from here on. We'll see how it goes.

VOB 6 YO BIB 750 x 3

HH White 6 YO BIB 750 x 2

Eagle Rare 10 YO 750 x 2

EH Taylor SmB BIB 750 x 1

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!