What Bourbon did you purchase today? Winter '13-'14

bigtoys
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up one of only two AAA 10 Stars I've seen here to compare to my bottle of 10yr. Since the 10yr is on its way out, I wanted to know if 10 Star is a reasonable replacement. The difference was subtle enough to me that I'm good with 10 Star as a future buy.

This week I bought and finished some four roses small batch and picked up a bottle of buffalo trace. Still trying to drink and taste all the decent under 30 bourbon at my local ABC. I think I have a few more months of this before I get into anything more significant.

Good thing there are a lot of great bourbons to be had for under $30.

I just picked up a Makers 46 on sale for $25 to replace the open one I've been working on lately.

Just wish I could find more Weller 12...there is absolutely none around here.

Saw the last Baby Saz on the shelf. I've never had it, but for $29 I thought I'd give it a shot.

Good thing there are a lot of great bourbons to be had for under $30.

I just picked up a Makers 46 on sale for $25 .

I had my 1st taste of the 46 while in southern Georgia last week, and really enjoyed it. If I could find it at $25, I would pop for a case for sure

Cleaned one store out of their last 2 ETL and 2 VOB BIB 6yo. I would have bought 3 VOB's but one of them was leaking and had lost about 2 pours worth. There was pleanty of VOB 86 6yo, but I have one bottle at home that I still haven't tried.

Picked up a bottle of WT 101 for imbibing this evening. Tastes like its 4 years old... I was in the mood for it, but now I'm not sure why.

9 bottles of ORVW 12 Lot B. Picked up a 2013 FRLESB also while I was there along with a bottle of Eagle Rare 10. Got everything for retail and even got 10% discount for buying more than 6 bottles. :cool:

Edited by bin31z

42 x OC10 200 mls @$1.99 a piece. They were 6 short I a case but good think I picked up a couple before Christmas.

2 x HH BIB (6yr) @ $10.99 each. The 1.75's no longer had the age statement.

It was value pour Tuesday! Basically 13 750's for about $110. This should keep me in business for a while!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 bottles of ORVW 12 Lot B. Picked up a 2013 FRLESB also while I was there along with a bottle of Eagle Rare 10. Got everything for retail and even got 10% discount for buying more than 6 bottles. :cool:

9 bottles....wow is all I can say about that. ORVW is a great pour (to me) and I was lucky to get just the one bottle this year!

9 bottles....wow is all I can say about that. ORVW is a great pour (to me) and I was lucky to get just the one bottle this year!

I know right? I'm out of town in some small town and I'm walking around the grocery store and I see they have a bottle of it displayed...I almost shxt myself because being in California (LA and SF areas), my local stores get about 5 bottles of the 12yr and are sold out in minutes to people on waiting lists from prior year, never mind the 15 and 20. I asked the clerk and he says they have 8 more in the back (2 unopened cases and 2 singles) and I just said I'll take it all! The 10% discount is the kicker though.

Four Roses Single Barrel (RN, 3-6M). Not fancy, but an amazing drink for the money. One of my resolutions for 2014 is to get ahold of either a Four Roses Single Barrel Limited Edition or a Small Batch Limited Edition. I seem to have good luck getting ahold of everything I want besides those two.

Cool score, but I'm confused. Was it ORVW or Lot B that you found? They are different bottles/labels/bourbons.

42 x OC10 200 mls @$1.99 a piece. They were 6 short I a case but good think I picked up a couple before Christmas.

2 x HH BIB (6yr) @ $10.99 each. The 1.75's no longer had the age statement.

It was value pour Tuesday! Basically 13 750's for about $110. This should keep me in business for a while!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love this! :lol: One day in the future, you can sit back in your rocker and tell whoever's listening; "Yeah kid, let me tell ya about the day I bought 42 bottles of whiskey, then picked up a coupla more for good measure." ;)

:toast:

Minis of VA Gentleman & WT 101 for fun; an ETL SB laser dtd 17Jan2013 ($2 discount - YEA!), WTRB 108.2 in 375ml, Abe Bowman port finish (surprised to find it), and an impulse buy of OGD114 (box looked SO good).

I hope the ETL is good. The VA ABC store had several; the thing I don't like about single barrels is that by the time I figure out I liked it, its kindred bottles are gone.

Edited by Harry in WashDC

Went shopping today in Christiansted, St. Croix and found a Blanton's Barrel Proof and a Blanton's Gold, each for $63. Never thought I would see either. Wife insisted I buy them! :-). So I did. Wow!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!