Old Weller Antique shortage??

Enoch
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It's strange that OWA got a price hike this year but I've seen recent shipments of WSR for under $20/750.

Visited eight stores this past week. Plenty of OWA and WR on the shelves. No W12 to be seen.

What's strange is that I can still get WSR in Augusta for $21 per 1.75. Less than half.

havent seen W12 since I first got into bourbon almost 2 years ago.

havent seen W12 since I first got into bourbon almost 2 years ago.

I see weller 12 pretty regularly. Plus fox, you've been into bourbon a lot longer than two years. Seems like you've been posting here forever

Every time I see a Weller shaped bottle (always on the bottom shelf), I get a little excited until I see it is WSR. :shocked:

Could be worse. Could be Jeffers Creek! :eek:

OWA107 regularly on sale round herr under $20. Tastes like a $20 pour and Bob's your uncle.

The stores near me me have a waiting list for SR and OWA. The shipment coming this week is the only one they're expecting for the rest of the year

I guess I can understand allocation of WL12 and that some stock has to be set back for future WL12 but you think that WSR and OWA would be more readily available. I understand the allocation and distribution issues. Am I correct that distributors cannot cross state lines? For example, is there a reason that a distributor in Texas where WL is almost as common as armadillos and oil couldn't transfer or sale excess stock to a distributor in another state?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.