What Bourbon Are You Drinking - Spring 2014

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Drinking some 2012 Stagg in the hotel room in Paducah. NCAA tourney games on and UK a winner. Good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drinking some 2012 Stagg in the hotel room in Paducah. NCAA tourney games on and UK a winner. Good stuff.

Is 2012 or 2013 more to your liking? Haven't cracked a 2013 bottle yet, but thought the 2012 was pretty darned good. Perhaps a touch hot compared to previous versions, but didn't stop me much. :)

Having some 2011 Stagg tonight myself. Getting near the end of the bottle, unfortunately.

Is 2012 or 2013 more to your liking? Haven't cracked a 2013 bottle yet, but thought the 2012 was pretty darned good. Perhaps a touch hot compared to previous versions, but didn't stop me much. :)

Having some 2011 Stagg tonight myself. Getting near the end of the bottle, unfortunately.

I like the 2013 a lot but I do think the 2012 is better.

It's really hard bc the 2012 has a soft spot for me bc it's what got me into this hobby.

I like the 2013 a lot but I do think the 2012 is better.

It's really hard bc the 2012 has a soft spot for me bc it's what got me into this hobby.

Dang! That's the exact same vintage that got me into the hobby as well.

Dang! That's the exact same vintage that got me into the hobby as well.

I had a taste of 2008 awhile back and it was the best thing I'd ever had. But the 2012 was the first bottle I had for myself. It went way too fast and I went back and got another one (insane, this was 1.5 years ago and I went back a week later and they still had it).

AAA 10 yr after dinner. Getting a very prominent cherry note throughout, which is really playing well for me.

Yeah, basketball is making me drink more than normal. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. :shocked:

Enjoying a Heaven Hill night. Started with EC12 (store select), followed by EWSB (store select), and then back to EC12...

Joining the grilling gang and enjoying some KCSB while grilling zucchini and cilantro lime flank steak on this gorgeous evening!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Finishing off a JPS 21 tonight. I ended up liking this more than I thought. Not sure if anybody has seen this or not but my bottle had no bottle or batch number.

Green HH 6 90. about to finish off the 1.75 soon, its been here about a year....im a slow drinker usually. I always enjoy this, but for some reason I hate 1.75 sized bottles. at $8.99 a 750, those will be next!

BT, Bookers 25th, RHF. All while watching blowout games and doing a fantasy baseball draft.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I'm going with an old friend tonight, Jack Daniels. It's not the best whiskey in the world, but man does this bring up some good memories of simpler times.

Finishing off a JPS 21 tonight. I ended up liking this more than I thought. Not sure if anybody has seen this or not but my bottle had no bottle or batch number.

A friend of mine made this statement to me this weekend. He was so put off by it at the beginning he handed it out to friends and drank it regularly. Now he's lamenting the end of the bottle as he's come around on it.

I spend last night with ECBP batch 1 watching UVA dispatch of Memphis.

Yesterday I went back and forth between RITBIB and HMckBIB. The HMckBIB seems like it has almost a menthol taste to it . I opened Friday, tried it Sat and again yesterday. I'm thinking it is just probably that my taste buds are off because I have always enjoyed this in the past but if it tasted like this all of the time I would have to pass.

Yesterday I went back and forth between RITBIB and HMckBIB. The HMckBIB seems like it has almost a menthol taste to it . I opened Friday, tried it Sat and again yesterday. I'm thinking it is just probably that my taste buds are off because I have always enjoyed this in the past but if it tasted like this all of the time I would have to pass.

A "menthol" profile was a key descriptor for pre-fire HH products. It was hit and miss during the B-F distilled years. I recently had an 04 EWSB that had it in spades. Off-putting to some folks, though I enjoy it myself. I understand and respect your feelings about it, but I would welcome it back across the HH line-up. Nice house style ,IMO.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!