What Bourbon Are You Drinking - Spring 2014

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Way too many bottles open and to choose from and somehow I'm doing the same :cool:.

Well that makes three of us.

2009 WLW in my glass and NCAA basketball on the TV. Shaping up to be a good night.

Enjoying my first pour of Bourye. Thanks to a member of this board. This stuff is great. Makes me wish we had High West products in more than two stores within 50 miles of me.

2009 WLW in my glass and NCAA basketball on the TV. Shaping up to be a good night.

Nice. Go Gators!

sounds nice.

I currently work one day a week, and that is friday nights. of course, KY and Louisville play each other tomorrow night. This state may as well just shut down tomorrow at 9:30pm

Go Cards!

I am back at the FR125 tonight. It is a great follow up to the Prairie Vanilla Noir and Coffee Noir blend I made earlier in the evening

Went out to a bar tonight with some co-workers and consultants. Started off with Stagg. Followed that up with Eagle Rare 101 because I've never seen it anywhere on a shelf and I know that a lot of you here like and miss this one. Quite nice - glad I tried it. Wish it was still around.

Dickel 9 year tonight. The nose and taste seem to have no correlation on this one. A less than enticing smell, but a great taste.

Went out to a bar tonight with some co-workers and consultants. Started off with Stagg. Followed that up with Eagle Rare 101 because I've never seen it anywhere on a shelf and I know that a lot of you here like and miss this one. Quite nice - glad I tried it. Wish it was still around.

Good choice on the Stagg follow-up pour. ER101 is like the little brother of GTS. A familial resemblance to be sure!

So, really enjoyed the Green Spot Irish Whiskey pre-dinner last night. Clean, no alcohol burn at all, with a hint of those fruit cocktail cups you had as a kid.

Potentially dangerous, as it hardly felt like you were ingesting alcohol.

Post-dinner, I let the group pick what to open, and Booker's 25th was the choice.

I liked it, more than I thought I would. Instantly warming, without burning. Very nice amount of wood, but just a hint of spiciness.

About halfway through, I added a small ice cube, which oddly brought out even more heat, and spice.

The guy who first lobbied that we try it, immediately got online and started hunting down a bottle.

There are better buys for the money, if you can find them, but I'm glad I got this one and will likely hang on to the second bottle I grabbed for awhile.

A bar had ER 101?

Yep, and I was quite surprised. This bar claims to have the largest bourbon collection in the world and while I can't confirm that, it is indeed quite large. They had quite a few bottles that I never see in stores around here but that some of you can get where you live.

I asked to see the ER101 bottle to make sure it was for real and it was.

Yep, and I was quite surprised. This bar claims to have the largest bourbon collection in the world and while I can't confirm that, it is indeed quite large. They had quite a few bottles that I never see in stores around here but that some of you can get where you live.

I asked to see the ER101 bottle to make sure it was for real and it was.

In what glorious place on Earth is this establishment of which you speak?

I love standard OWA, don't get me wrong, but I'm constantly amazed how good some of these private selection OWA can be. Had a glass from a rapidly dwindling bottle of mine last night. Really good stuff.

In what glorious place on Earth is this establishment of which you speak?

Downtown Seattle. If you are ever headed this way, let me know and I'll give you details. Heck, I'll meet you there even.

OK, I've dabbled enough in foreign lands, of late. Always enjoyable to travel and see the World. But now, it's back to my roots (pronounced: "ruts" in some corners of our dear country...:D.), and some bourbon. Leading off with HHBIB 6 yr out of the beer fridge, and it is as wonderful as ever.

Slainte! (pronounced:....uh......Sll....hmmmm......Cheers!)

Primed the pump with a little McKenna 10, now having my second pour of Bookers 25th

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Nice pour of ER10, Crown Liquor selected barrel. Pretty good stuff. Waiting for the Louisville-KY game for my next pour. Little nana pudding to hold me over.

Started with AB gingerbread beer finish, moved on to bookers 25th. Contemplating my next move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blending various FR recipes in a feeble attempt to replicate my dwindling supply of Four Roses platinum. This will require more experimentation.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!