What Bourbon Are You Drinking - Spring 2014

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Couple of small pours of 4RSB while running some gawd-awful database queries this chilly night. Makes the tedious seem ... faster.

Had my first taste of the 2013-6 Bookers bottling. First impression was good. Better/different than the standard bottling, Caramel with some nice rye spice with a nice wood balance in the finish. Interested to put it up against the 25th and the 2013-7 sample I have. I've always enjoyed Bookers, but it's one I over look a lot for the shiny new stuff on the shelf. This is one that I should have around the house more often.

Old Medley 12yr tonight. This is the third or fourth pour and it's just not doing it for me. It's not bad by any means, it just doesn't tickle the right spots.

gah! when you get off a 12.5 hour shift at 7am, having a glass of bourbon somehow feels wrong, or 'off', at 7:30am.

Had a nice pour of my Stagg Jr./BT SB vatting last night, over ice. This is a really nice blend IMO, boosting the BT, while mellowing the Stagg Jr.

Old Medley 12yr tonight. This is the third or fourth pour and it's just not doing it for me. It's not bad by any means, it just doesn't tickle the right spots.

It's not "bad," but it's overpriced by about double.

Had a side-by-side-by-side tasting of Four Roses Yellow Label, Small Batch, and Single Barrel last night. My overall favorite is the Small Batch. Also had four different Michters (whatever all the common releases are, available at liquor stores everywhere). Only one I liked was the Sour Mash. The American Whiskey had a fake sugar/candy taste to it. The rye was bland. The bourbon was forgettable especially considering the price. $15/bottle, then maybe. $45? Easy, easy pass.

Several pours of OFBB '13 that has been open since it was released last year the bitterness that once was present in the finish is gone and only a superb whiskey remains.I could honestly nose this stuff for hours,candied fruit,rich toffee,clover and honey throughout a highly underrated release if you ask me.

Had a nice pour of the Rare Breed/Bernheim mix that had been floating around twitter last month. Not bad by any means.

These notable ones,(plus a few unnotables...) GTS'12,ECBPgs,Stagg jr.

Think I'll finish the night off with a generous pour of...ET KSB vintage '70.. AHHH yes that sounds good! Why not? :toast:

Several pours of OFBB '13 that has been open since it was released last year the bitterness that once was present in the finish is gone and only a superb whiskey remains.I could honestly nose this stuff for hours,candied fruit,rich toffee,clover and honey throughout a highly underrated release if you ask me.

Started with some OGD114 (what a steal for under $20), and contemplating either 2012 OFBB or EC21 as the followup.

The only way that is a difficult decision for me is if I am trying to get rid of the EC21 to make some shelf space.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

small bit of Dickel 9 year. now im gonna have a fatty of Larceny and catch up on Sons of Anarchy.

Gearing up for the '14? Can't wait to try it myself.

You bet! Looking forward to trying it with these two. Tonight the 2013 is winning :grin:.

Moving forward with the underdog theme once again this evening PHC POH another underrated,though overpriced whiskey but I don't know of any hobby that has ever been cheap.

it is a Stitzel Weller kind of night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's to good friends, tonight is kind of special!

Edit:should have been the S-W commercial tag line.

That's not nice. Tell us what you think. :)

ORVW 15 is one of my favorite too.

Edited by tigerlam92

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!