Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today?-Spring 2014

Old Dusty
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Ugh - seriously? I need to find a bottle. Did you get it around HTown?

It's killing you at this point isn't it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's killing you at this point isn't it?

Locked down - woohoo! Can't wait to pop this baby.

Glenfarclas 105. Tried this weekend from a MoM dram, was psyched to find so quickly locally.

Ugh - seriously? I need to find a bottle. Did you get it around HTown?

Both at Binny's Lincoln Park in Chicago

G&M Mortlach 15. Scotchnoob suggested he enjoyed it quite a bit at a recent whisky tasting, and I figured I'd give my Mortlach survival pack a non-cask strength shot in the arm. I'm totally done with Mortlach now. Probably.

Greetings from London!

Stopped by The Whisky Exchange today and picked up a private bottling of Clyenish 16 year. Can't wait to get home tomorrow and crack it open.

Cheers!

Greetings from London!

Stopped by The Whisky Exchange today and picked up a private bottling of Clyenish 16 year. Can't wait to get home tomorrow and crack it open.

Cheers!

Was than an OB or an IB?

Ah, sorry. I meant Official Bottling or an Independent Bottling. From the looks of it, it is an Independent Bottling?

Springbank 10. Wanted to compare to the 12 year cask strength I picked up last week. I prefer the CS12 with the sherry influence over the 10 which I believe is aged exclusively in bourbon barrels. the 10 is still very enjoyable though.

RB 12 CS this past week. A rare impulse buy but a good buy nonetheless. I feel that with rising prices, this is a pretty good value that I couldn't pass up. Now all I need is the 15 and I can do a tasting of the 12 CS along with the 21.

Bought a bottle of something called Green Spot that I've seen mentioned around here. Hope it's good! ;)

Kilchoman Machir Bay. Young, but I've read a lot of good reviews..

Have fun with that bottle, I've certainly enjoyed mine and I'm not a huge peat fan.

Picked up one of these K&L Faultline Mortlach 25 @ 60.6% (not for me unfortunately)

13710354143_d95fa7c0c6_z.jpg

Picked up one of these K&L Faultline Mortlach 25 @ 60.6% (not for me unfortunately)

The soon to be new owner of that bottle told me that you could have as many pours as you would like.

Edited by MtnDew

Flew down to Georgia for the Masters. Picked up the following.

OGD 114

Willet Pot Still Reserve

Elijah Craig Cask Strength

Weller SR

The soon to be new owner of that bottle told me that you could have as many pours as you would like.

We will need to get another Mortlach vertical going as we've added a few bottles between us since last go around.

Yes we do. Apart from the K&L bottle I grabbed an F&F from a mutual friend, I don't recall trying that last time.

We should probably try and throw in one of the new Mortlachs as well, when they are available, to see how they stack up to the IB's.

Picked up a Nikka Yoichi 15yo today as it supposedly provides a different profile from the Taketsuru blended malt that comes from both the Yoichi and Miyagikyo distilleries with a touch more smoke reminiscent of Sprinkbank or Longrow according to Dave Bloom. Would like to find a Miyagikyo 15 to have the full spectrum to compare but haven't seen that bottling in the US yet.

Picked up a Nikka Yoichi 15yo today as it supposedly provides a different profile from the Taketsuru blended malt that comes from both the Yoichi and Miyagikyo distilleries with a touch more smoke reminiscent of Sprinkbank or Longrow according to Dave Bloom. Would like to find a Miyagikyo 15 to have the full spectrum to compare but haven't seen that bottling in the US yet.
Yoichi 15 is my favorite Japanese malt. I've been eyeing my unopened bottle rather longingly as of late.

Sounds interesting. What is that going for?

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!