Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today?-Spring 2014

Old Dusty
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

From the recent past & a wee bit dusty: Compass Box Eleuthera, bottled May 2002

Picked up a couple of Glendronach 12yo bottles that were bottled in 2013 at what seemed like a decent price based on the supposition that they were really closer to 18yo. They do have a rather nice color on them for a whisky that claims to be uncolored and unfiltered.

As one of our credos at GBS is to Take care of our own, I brought home bottles of Compass Box Flaming Heart and Peat Monster, today.

From the recent past & a wee bit dusty: Compass Box Eleuthera, bottled May 2002

15yo Brora from recharred casks sounds rather tasty if there is enough in the vatting to make itself known. The Port Askaig portion seems a bit of a mystery. I wonder if it is an euphemism for an undisclosed Islay producer? One site suggests it is Caol Ila.

http://www.compassboxwhisky.com/pdf/PastWhiskies.pdf

Keeping with the Compass Box theme, I bought a bottle of The General. Probably my favorite whisky label ever.

My wife just brought home my first bottle of Springbank, the 15 year. Had a dram in London last week and really enjoyed it.

Bought my brother a Michel Couvreur 12yr Overaged Malt Whisky for his 50th ... he's a Scotch drinker but sticks to a few bottlings. Wanted to surprise him with something a bit unusual.

Picked up a Scotch Malt Whiskey Society 23 year old single cask Tullibardine yesterday. Absolutely lovely.

Picked up a Scotch Malt Whiskey Society 23 year old single cask Tullibardine yesterday. Absolutely lovely.

What's Tullibardine's SMWS #?

This one is 28.25. Very nice. I'm lucky as the gentlement that runs the society in the US is a good friend and his office is about a mile from my house. Get to try a lot of the society bottles on a regular basis.

This one is 28.25. Very nice. I'm lucky as the gentlement that runs the society in the US is a good friend and his office is about a mile from my house. Get to try a lot of the society bottles on a regular basis.

Thx for the info! Do you know if there are any 130, 131, or 132 coming to the US?

Dont know. There is new stuff coming in all the time. Give them a call and they can likely tell you if they have any in the pipeline.

As if you cruel enablers didn't already know that this was inevitable...

post-8493-14489820806989_thumb.jpg

27 barrels ranging from 1997 (Arran didn't open until 1995) to 2004 with the peated 2004 whisky the oldest peated whisky they have. About 60% ex-sherry casks make up the vatting. Not sure how that compares to the original Punch Bowl.

post-8493-14489820805319_thumb.jpg

post-8493-14489820805568_thumb.jpg

post-8493-14489820805816_thumb.jpg

post-8493-14489820806038_thumb.jpg

post-8493-14489820806258_thumb.jpg

post-8493-14489820806477_thumb.jpg

post-8493-14489820806699_thumb.jpg

That is an intense amber. Surely it must be a first fill sherry cask. Best of all, you avoided the premiumisation taxes on the new bottlings. Congrats!

I know I'm a little passed St Paddys day, but I went a little Irish crazy today. So far popped the Green Spot and really enjoyed it. I will sit down with it again this week to come up with some tasting notes.

post-9128-14489820817845_thumb.jpg

I know I'm a little passed St Paddys day, but I went a little Irish crazy today. So far popped the Green Spot and really enjoyed it. I will sit down with it again this week to come up with some tasting notes.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18286[/ATTACH]

Did you get the correct Power's?

I should probably find a bottle of Glendronach for April's OTM selection.

Did you get the correct Power's?

I should probably find a bottle of Glendronach for April's OTM selection.

I would love to get some of the Teeling to try but it seems to be primarily out on the West Coast at the moment.

It does seem to be that way, I know I saw bottles in BC as well but the Canadian price was a fair bit higher.

And CW, I did indeed get the right powers. I've wanted to try the signature and I already have a PJL 12 to compare it against. Just need a regular red breast and I'll have the lineup I want.

Didn't buy them today exactly but among the several bottles I bought or picked up at the Sampler were a few malts to include a Caol Ila Sauternes finish, a couple of intriguing Longrow's and this little beauty, a Bowmore 1991 16yo cask strength port "matured", all courtesy of a kind fellow SBer.

post-8493-14489820822417_thumb.jpg

Looking forward to all of them but that one in particular!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!