Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today?-Spring 2014

Old Dusty
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm new here and just a beginning fan of Scotch and Bourbon. Local liquor store had an amazing deal today I couldn't pass up. Oban DE $50, Dalwhinnie DE $40, Talisker DE $40, Lagaluvin DE $60

Wow, those are some deals! I guess those DEs aren't moving much. I saw that one of my local places still has some 2012 DEs on the shelf in front of the 2013s.

Solid whisky. Takes water well.

This completes my cask strength trio I was after, the laph, the ardbeg, and the naddura, next I may look into the glenfarclas 105..

This completes my cask strength trio I was after, the laph, the ardbeg, and the naddura, next I may look into the glenfarclas 105..
If you're into cask strength sherry bombs, I'd highly recommend Aberlour A'bunadh as an alternative if you cannot find the 'farclas. Batches 44 and 45 are both excellent, and have a really nice resinous dried fruit character. Hard to go wrong with 105 or A'bunadh.

I too got sucked into Ardbeg Auriverdes. The reviews seem to indicate it is similar to Ardbeg 10 with an interesting twist (At twice the price!), so I'll give it a shot.

I too got sucked into Ardbeg Auriverdes. The reviews seem to indicate it is similar to Ardbeg 10 with an interesting twist (At twice the price!), so I'll give it a shot.

I seem to get sucked into the Ardbeg special release every year.

I seem to get sucked into the Ardbeg special release every year.
Yeah . . . their special releases are pretty gimmicky sometimes, but the inherent quality of their 3 standard bottlings is pretty hard to argue with. It's odd comparing them to their sister distillery Glenmorangie, which is known for reasonable prices and tons of different cask finishes.

At any rate, I pretty much always get sucked in and enjoy them, so I guess that makes me the fool.

Yeah . . . their special releases are pretty gimmicky sometimes, but the inherent quality of their 3 standard bottlings is pretty hard to argue with. It's odd comparing them to their sister distillery Glenmorangie, which is known for reasonable prices and tons of different cask finishes.

At any rate, I pretty much always get sucked in and enjoy them, so I guess that makes me the fool.

But in this case, it's got to be fun to be the fool. :D

I bought an Auriverdes as well. Purchased it online so hopefully it will come in soon. I almost forgot about it until I saw this chain. Has anyone tried it yet?

Picked up some nice dusties from an estate sale guy.

That Tali & Glendronach are calling out to be opened right now ;-)

Have a Compass Box The General on the way. Excited to dig into this one when it arrives!

My first bottles of Highland Park 18 and Balvenie 15. Going to be an interesting evening.

Picked up some nice dusties from an estate sale guy.

Wow - that Talisker is fancy!!! Let us know how it is.

My first bottles of Highland Park 18 and Balvenie 15. Going to be an interesting evening.

Oh, hell yes...

If you like the Balvenie 15, you might want to pick up another as they're replacing it with a sherried 15. The SB 15 is one of my favorites. Since I know you like the Glenmorangie 10, I'm guessing you'll like that one as well. :)

I got a taste for this stuff at WhiskeyFest Chicago 2013 and have been patiently awaiting its arrival. So I had to take it home with me. Look at that color! Gorgeous! Tasting notes forthcoming.

u9e5ebyb.jpg

7e6e2a3u.jpg

Edited by AaronWF
pics

I got a taste for this stuff at WhiskeyFest Chicago 2013 and have been patiently awaiting its arrival. So I had to take it home with me. Look at that color! Gorgeous! Tasting notes forthcoming.

Sweet tube dude... ;-)

Seriously though, nice pickup - love that stuff.

Sweet tube dude... ;-)

Seriously though, nice pickup - love that stuff.

If'n he wuz a dawg, we'da say he wuza "red cappin'"! :lol:

A shot...from a crotch. How original! Looking forward to hearing what you think about the Sherry, Aaron. I thought it was fantastic (one of the few highlights from WhiskeyFest this year).

If'n he wuz a dawg, we'da say he wuza "red cappin'"! :lol:

Ha! I had to sleep on that one for it to sink in, but I won't deny that it is quite apropos ;)

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!