What bourbon did you purchase today? Spring 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Another ECBP batch#3 for the bunker, 2nd this week. NY state has definitely gotten another round, but haven't seen batch #4 anywhere yet.

Woohoo! A bottle of SAOS 10 yr and a SAOSR. If they are half as good as the 7 yr I'm going back for more!

Picked up a HH6BIB while out and about this evening. Saw plenty of MM Ky Derby bottles in stock so still no shortage of MM in these parts but an easy pass for me!

Picked up a HH6BIB while out and about this evening. Saw plenty of MM Ky Derby bottles in stock so still no shortage of MM in these parts but an easy pass for me!

Makers derby? You mean woodford derby?

Makers derby? You mean woodford derby?

You would be correct Eric! My brain crossed with the news flash that Stoops will be on the MM commemorative this year. :crazy:

You would be correct Eric! My brain crossed with the news flash that Stoops will be on the MM commemorative this year. :crazy:

I'm a uk football fan and I'm not that happy about it. A coach that went 2-10 on a commemorative bottle. Even if it is for charity.

Picked up a Booker's Roundtable and a WT Rare Breed today. The Booker's is impressive so far, but I haven't bought any Booker's in over a year, so I don't have a good frame of reference as to how it compares to a typical batch.

I'm a uk football fan and I'm not that happy about it. A coach that went 2-10 on a commemorative bottle. Even if it is for charity.

Agree....and I'm much better looking. You'd think they'd have given me a call first!

WT RR store pick. Even at 55 ABV, highly drinkable neat. Great caramel and vanilla kick.

Thanks to a thoughful heads up from a fellow SBer I picked up a Bookers "Roundtable" 2013-6 of my very own! Having tried it recently SBS with the 2013-7 (along with the 25th Anniversary Booker's which is a different level altogether!) and liking the 2013-6 much better than the 2013-7 I thought it was well worth adding to the pile. Slightly under $50 before tax was a nice bonus as I have certainly seen it for more around here.

I have a 2013-7 and a 25th but have not seen 2013-6. Would love to find bottle of it to do a SBS myself. I like the 2013-7 ok. The 25th is enjoyable.

Picked up a FRSmB at grocery store last night. I like switching to the lighter profile after having some barrel proofers for a while.

one more ECBP batch #3 and finally 2 Weller 12's. First ones around here since November, and the guy mention to me that they were only given a few...The new normal. It's been a long cold winter.

Finally got a bottle of ECBP, assuming it's batch #3 since the store just got it. Looking forward to having a nice pour of this.

one more ECBP batch #3 and finally 2 Weller 12's. First ones around here since November, and the guy mention to me that they were only given a few...The new normal. It's been a long cold winter.

Kills me that I can never find ECBP around here. On the other hand, Weller 12 still seems plentiful.

Finally got a bottle of ECBP, assuming it's batch #3 since the store just got it. Looking forward to having a nice pour of this.

Batch 4 is just coming out so it could be that instead. What's the proof?

been a couple weeks since my last post to this thread, so this is what i've picked up in the meantime:

Smooth Ambler Old Scout bourbon

Smooth Ambler Old Scout Rye

Kentucky Vintage

Weller 12 x2

Elijah Craig 12 single barrel (retailer selection)

Willett 4 yr rye x2

EH Taylor barrel proof

I've been looking for the ECBP nonstop, but no luck yet.

Store selected ETL and the latest ECBP. I guess the guy found the ETL hidden in the back of the storage room because he was out two weeks ago. Only one on the shelf so I bought it. I'll either give it to my buddy who killed his bottle or give it to our bourbon club. Never seen an ECBP on a shelf before and I've been waiting to find one so it was an easy call.

Picked up two Booker's 25th bottles yesterday (got pretty lucky!). Alas, between a rough day at work and the thoroughly crappy weather I was more in the mood quantity over quality so decided to wait until the weekend to open one of them up.

Grabbed a bottle of a local store's new Four Roses Private Selection. This one is a 10yr4m OBSO, 106 proof (which is about the lowest proof I've seen on a private selection). A few weeks ago, they actually let me try a little bit of it that they had left over after the selection process, and it was quite good. REALLY good nose on it too.

Nice fine! I also love me some W12. Heading to pick up some dinner after car shopping all day with Mrs TT and I'm to stop my local and get some bottles of SAOS 10 yr and some SAOSR for the bunker.

I've earned it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.