What bourbon did you purchase today? Spring 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It really pays off sometimes when you do your legwork, I got a call from a local store,told me I have a ECBP waiting for me @ $35.99...be right there! When I get home there's a message from another local store says I got a bottle of ECBP waiting for me @ $36.99... see ya tomorrow! These are only being allotted in 3's to very few stores around here.The one store also had a EC SB select, I need to go back and get me one of those, besides the guy who called me was not in so that I could thank him in person,always a good thing to do! Oh BTW #4 is 132.4.

Life is good...most of the time...cheers!

I finally purchased a PHC Promise of Hope today. It would beckon me every time I walked into my local store but I never had the cheese to pay for it.

I received one as a gift. So far im digging it. For me the interesting part of it has been that its the first bourbon i have ever had that gave me floral notes.

Stopped in a junky store. Bought a 100ml of Wild Turkey 101. Needed something to start vacation and left the good stuff at home.

A friend and fellow SB member brought me a barrel proof OBSV from out of state. All 10 recipes now open on the bar. I'm happy

It really pays off sometimes when you do your legwork, I got a call from a local store,told me I have a ECBP waiting for me @ $35.99...be right there! When I get home there's a message from another local store says I got a bottle of ECBP waiting for me @ $36.99... see ya tomorrow! These are only being allotted in 3's to very few stores around here.The one store also had a EC SB select, I need to go back and get me one of those, besides the guy who called me was not in so that I could thank him in person,always a good thing to do! Oh BTW #4 is 132.4.

Life is good...most of the time...cheers!

Dang Don, I still haven't seen one around here, but if your area got an allotment it's time to amp up my search.

I did pick up an OWA last night. They're still around, but seem to be diminishing in number, so thought it wouldn't hurt to grab an extra for the bunker.

Got a couple more of a store selected Eagle Rare 10 today. They did a pretty good job choosing this one I think.

Best regards, Tony

My brother is on his way into town and picked up a 4R private selection OBSV at 122.4 (I think?). I've never had the standard SB recipe above 100 so this should be fun.

Picked up a Bookers 25th today after all. Had been holding out for whatever reason but decided to give it a go, seems to be getting decent reviews here.

My first Smooth Ambler VOS 10 year ... really liked the 7 year so thought I'd try this one. They had the Rye as well but passed that up for now.

In order to maintain my inventory (bar & bunker) I've implemented a schedule of visiting one of my dealers one week and the other the next.

I visited one last Tues and in less than an hour I'll visit the other. Have no idea what I'm going to get yet but must admit I'm looking forward to it whether it be bottom shelf or top.

Yeah me. It doesn't take much to make an old fart happy anymore.

I couldn't resist Bookers 25th Anniversary for $90… especially after my buddy had just paid $100 30 minutes earlier.

Picked up an '04 EWSB. Sipping on it now. Obviously I just opened the bottle but man does this thing drink hot for a 86.6 proof whiskey. Looking forward to tasting SBS with the '03. I think I'll end up liking the older one better...went through three or four bottles of it I liked it so much.

Yeah me. It doesn't take much to make an old fart happy anymore.

Turned out to be a interesting visit. Found and bought my first bottles of Mitchers bourbon & rye. Other than on here I've never seen them before. What a nice surprise. It was just a few weeks ago that I got my first SAOS. So far 2014 is starting out great with my new hobby.

I know this may shock some but I also purchased my first bottle of Eagle Rare. Don't know why it's taken me almost a year to try this but it just never appealed to me before.

Can't wait to try all three but need to free up bar space first and then the ER will be the first on deck.

A half-bottle of Blanton's dumped in '96. A little pricey but so enjoyed the pour I had at a bar the other night that I decided to pick this up to compare to the current release. The Blanton's outshone the RHF that night.

-Mike

Finally saw an ECBP on a KY shelf today. Picked it up despite the price tag ($56) after tax. Left another for the next guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally saw an ECBP on a KY shelf today. Picked it up despite the price tag ($56) after tax. Left another for the next guy.

The days of $39.99 are probably gone. But, for $56, compared to Blanton's, Rendezvous Rye, Booker's, etc. that is a relatively good price! Which batch?

The days of $39.99 are probably gone. But, for $56, compared to Blanton's, Rendezvous Rye, Booker's, etc. that is a relatively good price! Which batch?

The 4th (132.4). To be fair, that $56 is with those small town double taxes.

About $4 per 2 ounce pour for ECBP. Not bad! More expensive, but still good. I haven't seen Batch 4 in Indy yet. I still have a Batch 2 in the bunker. Not as favored. But, I enjoy it. I don't shop everyday. I guess I should check to see if it is showing up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.