What bourbon did you purchase today? Spring 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A couple more EC12's private selection (SB) from 2013 ..this stuff is sooo damn good,(HH should have a EC12 SB) he also had a bottle from their 2012 barrel that he had stashed, walked out with that one too. Did somebody say SBS?

Grabbed a bottle of a local store's new Four Roses Private Selection. This one is a 10yr4m OBSO, 106 proof (which is about the lowest proof I've seen on a private selection). A few weeks ago, they actually let me try a little bit of it that they had left over after the selection process, and it was quite good. REALLY good nose on it too.

Interesting how low the barrel proofs can get from 4R. I bought a bottle around Thanksgiving that checked in at 102.4. I'm pretty sure it was OBSK, but it's currently eluding me.

Picked up 2 bottles of Few Bourbon. Really enjoying it so far. Spicy with hints of cinnamon, clove and licorice. With a kind of toasted marshmallow nose.

I picked up a 2012 PHC (Blend of Mashbills), and a 200ml Old Charter 12. The PHC is one of my favorites, and the OC12 was cheaper than dirt, so it was a pretty solid day for me.

Picked up an Eagle Rare 10, would like to find a 17.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I picked up a 2012 PHC (Blend of Mashbills), and a 200ml Old Charter 12. The PHC is one of my favorites, and the OC12 was cheaper than dirt, so it was a pretty solid day for me.

Nice score. I love the 2012 PHC too. The OC 12 is okay to me. Maybe a little overrated, but for $4 it's a steal!

Barterhouse. Probably going to the office's bourbon club stash. Let the group try old bourbon and spread out the cost.

Picked up an OGD 114, WT101 Old No. 8 liter from '96 (while I still know where there's a stash), and the only OEB 7yr 101 that I've seen in AZ, in a box no less, which I've not seen before. Some good drinkin' ahead, boys!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Picked up my bottle of the 25th Anniversary Booker's yesterday. :cool:

I may bring it down to the gazebo in late April, since I know many folks won't get a bottle. Still deciding about that.... :rolleyes:

Spied a baby Saz for $25 and took it home with me. Then a couple EWSB 2003 for the bunker.

Have the Orphan Barrels shown up in NJ yet? I haven't seen them anywhere.

Michter's 10...couldn't help myself when the store owner told me he'd set aside his one and only bottle for me.

And I picked up what I'm starting to think was the last bottle of ETL in the county...

Michter's 10...couldn't help myself when the store owner told me he'd set aside his one and only bottle for me.

And I picked up what I'm starting to think was the last bottle of ETL in the county...

^^^OK folks, read and study this.^^^

1) ND has fostered a relationship with a store owner.

2) Said store owner held back his only allocated bottle of a bourbon for ND.

3) ND didn't necessarily desire the bottle, but bought it anyway.

4) What do you think will happen saaaaay...next Fall?

That's the way to do it, ND. Well done!

:toast:

Picked up my first bottle of OGD 114. Not an easy thing to find around these parts. After so many positive reviews here, I thought it was easily worth the risk at $25

Edited by jonhalter

I grabbed several six packs for the beer fridge and also got a WT Kentucky Spirit, Weller 12 for the bunker and Smooth Ambler Old Scout. Noticed a few VOB 6 year on the bottom shelf as I was about to checkout...need to grab some of those as well.

A new Rittbib to replace one hitting the bin.

Actually debating this same situation right now. Just received an email from a guy who i got one of my recent ECBP from Said he just got their allocation of Barterhouse in a I was welcome to one. $75 + shipping. Haven't had much interest in it not sure what in going to do cause It would be nice to stay on the allocated list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A bottle of Bartertown "Orphan Barrel", a "Promise of Hope"" Parker's Heritage and a Jefferson Presidential 25 yo. Hoping they are all worth it.

^^^OK folks, read and study this.^^^

1) ND has fostered a relationship with a store owner.

2) Said store owner held back his only allocated bottle of a bourbon for ND.

3) ND didn't necessarily desire the bottle, but bought it anyway.

4) What do you think will happen saaaaay...next Fall?

That's the way to do it, ND. Well done!

:toast:

Yup. It's stresses my budget a little bit but definitely worth it...

In the past year he's hooked me up with just about every limited release, and my choice of the BTAC and VW releases.

Yup. It's stresses my budget a little bit but definitely worth it...

In the past year he's hooked me up with just about every limited release, and my choice of the BTAC and VW releases.

This is also an excellent strategy with the wife, especially if you can hook her on PVW, Parker's or BTAC. I didn't get any flak when I brought the second Bookers 25th home. Just said our local friendly Whiskey Man held one especially for me and if we keep buying, maybe we'll get one of those Saz 18s she likes so much.

From my special source, lucky to add more to my bunker, now I'm very well set for a long while.

uzanubud.jpg

Added another Barterhouse and found my first WT RR SB store select bottle today. I knew WT said they would start doing this, but didn't think it would happen this soon. I guess that is a perk of living in Kentucky.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.