What bourbon did you pass up today? Spring/Summer 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I passed up 3 Parker's Heritage POH @ $102.99, several Woodford masters collection rye 375's for $48 each, and an Elijah Craig 21 yo for $124.99. The one I can't stop thinking about is the Elijah Craig.

I passed up 3 Parker's Heritage POH @ $102.99, several Woodford masters collection rye 375's for $48 each, and an Elijah Craig 21 yo for $124.99. The one I can't stop thinking about is the Elijah Craig.

That's a good price for the EC21.

A local store picks new release 4RPS at around 65.00, At higher than giftshop pricing I'll stick with standard OBSV or several other local store PS bottles for 55.00 or less.

Edited by kcgumbohead

Rhetoric for $80 plus tax. Haven't heard enough about it to justify the price tag.

Same here. Got a text this week from my guy that the Rhetorics came in, along w/ ASB Millennium. I tried Barterhouse at this store and liked it (tho' not enough to buy at ~$75), and had a pour of OB at an OH bar and liked it too (also not enough to buy a bottle, either). Rhetoric will likely stay in that "good, but not worth the $" category for me.

Passed up another $59 Dickel 9-year. I guess that's the market rate for these in Indianapolis now.

A bunch of stuff I don't have but just don't want enough to pull the trigger on yet: McKenna VA ABC selection - $25.99 Rendezvous Rye - $56.99 Hancock's Reserve - I forget price Heaven Hill gold label (80 proof) - $14.99 We did get an interesting product in recently though, a bottle of Heaven Hill white dog at 125 proof. It says on the back label this would be Evan Williams SB at full age.

Baby Saz @ $69.99

Ewww!!!! That is unreal and something I sure doesn't happen here.

A bunch of stuff I don't have but just don't want enough to pull the trigger on yet: McKenna VA ABC selection - $25.99 Rendezvous Rye - $56.99 Hancock's Reserve - I forget price Heaven Hill gold label (80 proof) - $14.99 We did get an interesting product in recently though, a bottle of Heaven Hill white dog at 125 proof. It says on the back label this would be Evan Williams SB at full age.

If you're a fan of the HH flavor profile, that's a really good price for the McKenna. And, if it's a good barrel, a great price.

Mile High Spirits store select 8 year old SA for $45 and the store select single barrel 4R for $55

had me hemming and hawwing there

Passed on the (not bourbon) Willett 2 yr rye and a SAOS 10. Had the 10 in hand and talked myself out of it. Guy next to me overheard me say that I wished I hadn't seen it and wanted to know about it. It looked lonely next to a shelf full of the 6 yr and I shared what little I know (props to you guys and specifically Yeti) and he ended up taking the bottle home. I'll finish what I have at home and move on to a cask strength rye that I've had on deck for a while.

Passed on Lock, Stock and Barrel 13 yo Rye. Guy at liquor store pointed it out to me on sale for $69.99. Knew nothing about it, so I passed. Now I realize that was very good deal, and it is generally well regarded. Might need to go back.

Passed on Lock, Stock and Barrel 13 yo Rye. Guy at liquor store pointed it out to me on sale for $69.99. Knew nothing about it, so I passed. Now I realize that was very good deal, and it is generally well regarded. Might need to go back.

Wow - that's a great price. I pass one by every time I go into one of my local stores, hoping they'll put it on sale. No such luck yet. I think that is about where it would need to be for me to pull the trigger.

I think I would try it for that price. I'm sure there will people on here interested if you don't go back to pick it up.

Rhetoric for $99.99. I bought mine for $79.99 and haven't been that impressed. My bottle tastes almost exactly like my BH. I have enjoyed the OB much better out of these three.

Great price. Over here $115

I think I saw the same bottle. Is OK - I passed, too, but won't pick it up - no room for one thing, age scares me for another. If you do buy it, let us know what you think.

At that price I'd empty the shelf.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!