What bourbon did you pass up today? Spring/Summer 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

i have plenty at home, but I dont think I could walk past one for $33 without it getting sucked into my hand.

But at that price didn't you mean both hands (and a butt cheek or two)? :grin:

But at that price didn't you mean both hands (and a butt cheek or two)? :grin:

Yes. And in both socks too.

I passed on a Woodford Reserve Master's Collection Four Grain yesterday. $145 price tag. They also had the Master's Collection Rye two pack, one new cask and one aged cask (375ml each) for $99.

Passed on a bunch of interesting store bottlings at Hi Time Wine. I've never seen private bottlings of woodford reserve, knob creek single barrel, whistle pig, Masterson's, Angel's Envy or bernheim wheat but they had them all. Must have good connections in the industry.

Lots and lots of orphan barrel. Also because I was not thinking clearly a purple wax 120 proof 8 year WFE for $50. Just didn't know anything about it though they've obviously got a good track record. Pure Kentucky was another I left behind despite being intrigued by that recent blind sbs that rated it very highly. Looked quite new.

Lots and lots of orphan barrel. Also because I was not thinking clearly a purple wax 120 proof 8 year WFE for $50. Just didn't know anything about it though they've obviously got a good track record. Pure Kentucky was another I left behind despite being intrigued by that recent blind sbs that rated it very highly. Looked quite new.

Passed on a FR 2014 LE single barrel today... I know I'll regret it...
This pains me. Makes me hurt.

passed on a local store ps4R OBSO and store select BT. Hoping '15 yields some PS "F" recipes so trying to resist others but may have to nab another OBSO.

This past weekend I browsed a few stores in central KY, and passed on a few things: Rock Hill Farm for $80, Stagg JR for $90, and Elijah Craig Barrel Proof for $140. I got so excited when I saw the ECBP behind the counter, as I've yet to buy any, but at that price it was an easy decision to walk away.

Damn that would be a runaway!! ECBP was 39.99 the first and only time I saw it (1st release too). I passed o,n it then stoooopid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This past weekend I browsed a few stores in central KY, and passed on a few things: Rock Hill Farm for $80, Stagg JR for $90, and Elijah Craig Barrel Proof for $140. I got so excited when I saw the ECBP behind the counter, as I've yet to buy any, but at that price it was an easy decision to walk away.

Wow! What an easy pass. I don't see any of them here that often of late, but when I do, I've never seen them marked up that high. :bigeyes:

I passed on all things Jefferson today. IMO there's just too many other values out there at present that have solid pedigrees and stable profiles.

Edited by Paddy

At least in my neck of the woods, it seems like the ECBP supply has caught up to the demand. I've got two local stores that have had bottles lying around the past three or four weeks (at state minimum price). But I have 3 unopened bottles sitting at home so I didn't feel the need to pull the trigger.

Oh but I did buy a SAOS 10 today.

At least in my neck of the woods, it seems like the ECBP supply has caught up to the demand. I've got two local stores that have had bottles lying around the past three or four weeks (at state minimum price). But I have 3 unopened bottles sitting at home so I didn't feel the need to pull the trigger.

Oh but I did buy a SAOS 10 today.

There seems to be more of batch 5 generally available but all my local spots are dry. That being said, even with 8 in the bunker now, I would still buy it for $50-$55. One of my top daily pours.

Not to pile on the ECBP guys here, but I left 2 on the shelf today at 44.99. Also left 6 ETLs on the shelf at $49.99.

Not to pile on the ECBP guys here, but I left 2 on the shelf today at 44.99. Also left 6 ETLs on the shelf at $49.99.

I would have left the ETL's on the shelf too at that price. The ECBP perhaps not so much!

Local store released a pick of BT, age stated at 9yrs...45% ABV but for some reason $50? Seeing as i can buy the regular for $20 not paying that large a multiplier for age.

Local store released a pick of BT, age stated at 9yrs...45% ABV but for some reason $50? Seeing as i can buy the regular for $20 not paying that large a multiplier for age.

Sounds like an overpriced, underaged ER10 to me.

These ECBP stories are amazing to me. I have never seen one bottle anywhere in Texas.

That's what I say about Weller 12s here in California.

Sounds like an overpriced, underaged ER10 to me.

When i initially got the email i assumed barrel proof, thought maybe worth a shot...then saw the actual proof...shook my head and deleted email.

Edited by theglobalguy
learned to spell.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!