What bourbon did you pass up today? Spring/Summer 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2014 michter's 10 year rye. I haven't heard good things about this new release. You guys think it's worth going back for?

Couldn't talk my dad into a store selected OBSV for Belmont beverages in Fort Wayne (too rich for his blood at $50) so we met in the middle for a handle of OGD 86 on the close out rack for $17.

Couldn't talk my dad into a store selected OBSV for Belmont beverages in Fort Wayne (too rich for his blood at $50) so we met in the middle for a handle of OGD 86 on the close out rack for $17.

Passed on some Ancient Age 10 (star). Thought I stumbled onto the mother load. Kinda deceiving that label.

2014 michter's 10 year rye. I haven't heard good things about this new release. You guys think it's worth going back for?

saw 4 RHF's sittin on a shelf, no price. I didnt care to ask, either. It was a store Id not been into in forever, and we were just walking by, and I wanted to peek in and see what was there. Nothing else interesting either.

I was on the road today and made a couple of stops along the way. Passed on RHF (saw one bottle all lonely but overpriced), OWA, CEHT Smb and SB. Also passed on a JEP rye (but barely).

Michter's Celebration sitting in a glass case -- $5,999. Isn't that price a couple/few thousand over the retail price (which was already crazy)?

It retails around 119 I believe. I passed on it and grabbed the bourbon instead. Just caught me off guard as I have never seen a bottle of the 10 year rye before.

Honestly depends on the price. There's a fair amount of other stuff coming out that I could not justify having my local store hold me a bottle when they asked. They didn't say the price though, but I was getting the impressing it's not cheap.

A PHC 2013 magically appeared on the shelf at a small store. Surprised to see that this late, but I passed at $100.

I saw one at a store and they were asking 199. I passedddddddd

A PHC 2013 magically appeared on the shelf at a small store. Surprised to see that this late, but I passed at $100.

Yes. They're still around Texas, too, for $100. I pass as well.

Passed today on WT Diamond Anniversary. At $130 I just couldn't justify it. Too much else out there I would rather put the money towards. At $75-$80 I probably would have pulled the trigger but when it goes over $100 it really makes you think twice.

Saw an EC21 for $175 and a Rhetoric, but didn't catch the price. The EC21 is too pricey to maybe get a bottle that isn't spectacular.

Passed on Old Medley 12 yr. I have never had it and it just came in so I figured I had some time to think about it. Anyone have good experience with it before?

Passed on some Pappy and some WLW, they were with some others in a glass case and I know the guy wants way to much for them.

Best regards, Tony

I passed on a lot things today. The biggest names in the passing lane today were: EC21 @ $189.00, ECBP @ $65, Barterhouse @ $99 & $70, Parker's POH at $119 and ETL @ $45. All was not lost as I found a bottle of '09 WT Tradition that was nice and dusty so that was the biggest reason for the other passes.

3 bottles of ECBP batch 5 at $49. I already have two of that batch, and seven overall (I know, I know), but I'm thinking about going back and picking up at least a couple more before the price goes up. /shrugs

Barterhouse and Rhetoric. I like the Rhetoric well enough, but hesitated based on price point and what I already have.

AAA 10yr. I've always liked this and was disappointed when it was discontinued, but I've socked away a bunch of them from this store and at some point ya gotta stop buying. It's tough though when they're only $18.99 for a liter.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!