What Wee Dram Are You Enjoying Now - Spring/Summer 2014

ChainWhip
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finished last night with a small pour of Glenmorangie Original. Not sure this will ever be a favorite, but it is starting to grow on me.

Kavalan CS sherry cask. This stuff is DECADENT! A soft, luxurious pillow of cherry cola malt to inspire dreams on a hot, lazy Sunday afternoon.

The Glenlivet Nàdurra Oloroso which I picked up on the way to Spain recently. Fruity with a spicy finish. Not bad!

CB Flaming Heart after dinner of a perfectly grilled porterhouse, tomato caprese, corn on the cob, and cukes and sour cream. Teamed up with a Cain F 660. BigRich schooled me, and he's right...scotch is a great pairing with cigars. To glean the nuances of a whiskey and cigar pairing, scotch does trump bourbon, I must admit.

CB Flaming Heart after dinner of a perfectly grilled porterhouse, tomato caprese, corn on the cob, and cukes and sour cream. Teamed up with a Cain F 660. BigRich schooled me, and he's right...scotch is a great pairing with cigars. To glean the nuances of a whiskey and cigar pairing, scotch does trump bourbon, I must admit.

Take it to the Dinner I'd Kill For forum!

My wife tells I'm right about once year. Damn, I'm a little disappointed I peaked so early this year.

Laphroaig 25yr from 2008. Its so hard to pick a winner between this and the 30yr. Honestly, I think I prefer the proof of the 25yr over the age from the 30yr.

That Lap 25 was pretty amazing stuff I'll have to give you that!I could have kicked back and drank that all night long.Thanks again.

Finished off a bottle of teelings small batch which I have had a while, the whole time im sipping it thinking "mmm this reminds me of agnostura 1919" then I remembered it was rum cask finished, there is no info I can find on the source of the barrel they used, anyone here tried the teelings and have an oppinion on the rum finish? I dont mind it, its a nice change.

Finished off a bottle of teelings small batch which I have had a while, the whole time im sipping it thinking "mmm this reminds me of agnostura 1919" then I remembered it was rum cask finished, there is no info I can find on the source of the barrel they used, anyone here tried the teelings and have an oppinion on the rum finish? I dont mind it, its a nice change.

My understanding from the distributor and other websites is that it is Flor de Caña from Nicaragua which is a solid if unspectacular line of rum to me. It is one of my go to mixer rums for cocktails.

http://www.infiniumspirits.com/brands/teeling_whiskey/teeling_whiskey.html

Thanks for that. Didnt think of checking their website,

Its an interesting whisky and affordable by Australian standards, however after a bottle I am still not sure if I like it.

While at the Ardbeg Embassy in Stockholm.....

post-5227-14489821141675_thumb.jpg

The Laphroaig 1989 was supposedly only bottled for the Scandinavian market and was limited to 1800 bottles

Also had some 1990 Ardbeg Airigh Nam Beist and a pour direct from this barrel of Ardbeg, amazing whisky! post-5227-14489821143319_thumb.jpg

wouldn't fit in my suitcase......

post-5227-1448982114222_thumb.jpg

If you ever go to Sweden, this place is well worth the visit. Very knowledgeable staff but damn hard to decide what to drink

post-5227-14489821141129_thumb.jpg

While at the Ardbeg Embassy in Stockholm.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18839[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]18840[/ATTACH]

The Laphroaig 1989 was supposedly only bottled for the Scandinavian market and was limited to 1800 bottles

Also had some 1990 Ardbeg Airigh Nam Beist and a pour direct from this barrel of Ardbeg, amazing whisky! [ATTACH=CONFIG]18843[/ATTACH]

wouldn't fit in my suitcase......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18841[/ATTACH]

If you ever go to Sweden, this place is well worth the visit. Very knowledgeable staff but damn hard to decide what to drink

Maybe you can fit me into your suitcase next time ;)

Looks like a great trip to me!

Why you didn't bring me home a souvenir like that 1975 Ardbeg I'll never know?...... Tanks for nuttin!

Revisiting Clynelish 14. I really soured on it awhile back, but it's really enjoyable tonight.

A'Bunadh batch 40. Finally put my finger on why this just doesn't do it for me: it tastes like apple cidar vinegar. Think the rest needs to go to the scotch fail bottle

A'Bunadh batch 40. Finally put my finger on why this just doesn't do it for me: it tastes like apple cidar vinegar. Think the rest needs to go to the scotch fail bottle

What else is in that bottle?

Balvenie TUN 1401 Batch 3

How was it? I've been hunting for a taste of any Tun 1401, and kicking myself for passing on a batch 9 for $250 in January.

Finished off the last bit of my bottle of Glenmorangie Nectar D'Or as well as the last third or so of my bottle of Clynelish 14 with my father in law while watching the consolation game of the World Cup. Probably going to pay for that in the morning.

Had some Eades Highland Double Malt American Whisky First Edition. A blended malt of 9 yr Ben Nevis and 13 yr Clynelish then finished in port in America. Not officially scotch. Then the usual daily drinker - JW Green.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!