What bourbon are you drinking in Australia? - Winter 2014

Stones
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Trying to finish off a bottle of Red Stag that's been in the fridge for close to 3 years. It's slowly disappearing, but I can't drink much of it at once...

I know whiskey is very pricey for you Cam, but just dump that s**t down the drain :puke:

Life's too short!

Thanks Gary, Joe.... I appreciate the concern :) :slappin: It's nearly done. Two decent two finger pours in a Reidel should see it gone, never to be seen on my drinking list again. I do find it interesting though. I don't hate it, but I don't like it either. If someone offered me one I wouldn't say no, but I doubt I'll ever intentionally buy, drink, source one again.

Thanks Gary, Joe.... I appreciate the concern :) :slappin: It's nearly done. Two decent two finger pours in a Reidel should see it gone, never to be seen on my drinking list again. I do find it interesting though. I don't hate it, but I don't like it either. If someone offered me one I wouldn't say no, but I doubt I'll ever intentionally buy, drink, source one again.

Road tested some 3 month old 'Bourbon' (yes it's basically white dog) tonight. Showing some nice color already.

post-10510-1448982249293_thumb.jpg

post-10510-1448982249293_thumb.jpg

WT RRSb will on shelves is Australia in about 3 weeks. Look forward to trying this. Masters keep 17 yo old in a couple of months. $200, and under proofed, not sure about that one. And American honey sting by Christmas.

I've got it on good authority that we should see Old Forester and Woodford Reserve Double Oaked by Christmas as well. Always exciting to see new products entering the market....

I was told they were going to be bar trade only.

I also actually won the major prize in the bottlemart comp and will be going to meet the Russels when they come to Syd and three bottles of RR.

Congrats Stephen!

If you can't find anyone to go with. ....

I was told they were going to be bar trade only.

I also actually won the major prize in the bottlemart comp and will be going to meet the Russels when they come to Syd and three bottles of RR.

Congrats mate. Ask them about 101 Rye coming out here. Asked that in the Facebook comp but no reply.

I hope WTR101 comes back...

Pouring EC12 tonight, this stuff always hits its straps after a few weeks being open, tonight is no exception.

Last regularly scheduled trip to the States saw me bring home a bottle of Stranahans. While a Single Malt, it's bloody fantastic and very drinkable. If you find yourself somewhere you see it, give it a go.

post-10510-1448982255302_thumb.jpg

I've got it on good authority that we should see Old Forester and Woodford Reserve Double Oaked by Christmas as well. Always exciting to see new products entering the market....

Hey Cam, Have you or Hightower treid the Woodford Double Oaked yet?...

Hey Tym, Scott has a bottle he picked up in KY a few years ago, and I know I've tried it, but not recently so can't give any reasonable tasting notes.

Most people tell me that the Seasoned Oak product from a few years ago is similar, so next time we catch up I'll have to give you some to try.

Hey Tym, Scott has a bottle he picked up in KY a few years ago, and I know I've tried it, but not recently so can't give any reasonable tasting notes.

Most people tell me that the Seasoned Oak product from a few years ago is similar, so next time we catch up I'll have to give you some to try.

Sounds good! I may have tried the seasoned oak version when I was over there last too... hmmm... don't remember it being great at the time... but I'll give Woodford a second chance. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else going to meet the russells in Sydney next weekend? I was lucky enough to win tickets and flying over with a mate on the 31st. Would be great to meet other SBers, should be a cracker!

I will be there mate. Meeting them in their hotel first then I am going to the event with them and the missus.

We don't see him on here often, but Scott aka Hightower will be there too. You can't miss him - he's 6'8 (or 6'10 - can't remember)....

If anyone knows of a spare +1, I'm available to fly down at short notice :)

I actually ran into the Russells in April at the distillery. Had an awesome 20 odd minute chat but forgot

to get them to sign a bottle for me. Was hoping to get a ticket in the draw but missed out! Enjoy it whoever goes!

Anyone heard anything about the 17yr bourbon they are releasing locally in short order???

Last I heard its still a month or two away. Similar to the diamond in volumes which you can still find on shelves 4 months after it's release. Going to be 200$ a bottle, so I wouldn't worry about finding one.

Dux you are refering to Masters Keep. 44.4% and $199.

Yep I will pass. What happened to WT keeping the proof real

When I was chatting with them in Ky I promoted 101 Rye pretty hard. Would be awesome for it to be here in Oz.

Counting down the days (14 and counting) until I head to Auckland for a quick 3 night getaway for our 10th anniversary. I have a few bourbon shops lined up to check out. Am hoping to find some Mellow Corn and a few wheater products like Old Fitz...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.