What bourbon are you drinking in Australia? - Winter 2014

Stones
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Good comments fellas, didnt even think about that as I was needing to vent to sympathetic ears but what you both say makes sense.

I find as I age these matters of principle are becomming more important, I pride my self on being empathetic and reasonable, getting treated in a way which makes me feel like I am being dismissed as a scammer is insulting.

Great BBQ roast yesterday afternoon/evening with friends and family. Turned into a bigger session than we intended, and only ended 'cause we had to get our respective kids off to bed. Trying to remember the order of things, it went something like Makers Mark, Jack Daniels SB, Crown Royal, Low & Slow, Southern Comfort, High West, Crown Royal Maple and finished with a bottle of port.

Bought a couple dusty bookers today (126.7 proof, Batch B95-C-31) from the early-mid 2000s, and at $10 less than current retail, fron a small store in a dodgy area where I bought half a dozen dusty WTRB (99 batch) a while ago, my research leeds me to believe these should be good.

Left a couple old label JB bonded on the shelf (in the box) not sure if these are worth it?

Only worth it if you want to flip to the JB collectors.

Its also really disappointing to hear about your ALDI exp. All dealings I have had with them have been pretty good.

Thanks mate.

Couldnt be stuffed flipping it, I have seen some people asking 3-4 times what I can get it for, doesnt sit well with me. Id happily ship to anyone here for RRP if they cared enough.

Picked up a Blantons Straight from the Barrel, Dry Fly 101 and BT Experimental in Singapore today. Cost a bit more than I expected, so I Stopped at 3 bottles. Am trying to convince the family that I need some Makers 46 and Knob Creek duty free at the airport when we arrive home :)

Did you go mate? I thoroughly enjoyed it and was pleasantly surprised on their product (dismissed it previously). My friend and I debated buying a bottle of the 10yr Rye but just couldn't stomach the $$$. Really liked their standard rye and will probably pick one up.

Did you go mate? I thoroughly enjoyed it and was pleasantly surprised on their product (dismissed it previously). My friend and I debated buying a bottle of the 10yr Rye but just couldn't stomach the $$$. Really liked their standard rye and will probably pick one up.

yeah mate I did.

I really liked the 10year rye as well and I am not a big rye guy. The missus was looking at the American whiskey and I was also tempted on the 10 rye. But with japan next week we decided to save our cash.

Really good value tasting I though if a little to much talking!

I was sitting diagonal opposite you! Yeah lots of talking (maybe pour some whiskey first!) Super jealous your headed to Japan, should be plenty of nice drinking there!

I'm keen to check out more events at oak barrel, was an interesting mix of people.

Mate there were two women there! Its actually funny, as Christine was feeling that everyone was probably thinking I dragged her along to it, when the truth is she love the brown spirits even more than me.

Yeah, Japan is going to be awesome, already have my targets in mind and we have a few distilleries lined up to visit.

The OB is not bad for events, I have been to a couple there and they all been good. Just need to become a member to save the dollars!

Numerous slow and low tonight as I prepare to see my team, Hawthorn, play tomorrow.

Watching the NRL game on delay, hope the Rabbits beat Easts. Will be in Sydney for the GF next Sunday.

I was sitting diagonal opposite you! Yeah lots of talking (maybe pour some whiskey first!) Super jealous your headed to Japan, should be plenty of nice drinking there!

I'm keen to check out more events at oak barrel, was an interesting mix of people.

The oak barrel is good for events, I should read the forums more often as I totally didn't know about it :)

Have a great trip Vietish.

Picked up a bottle of High West Double Rye just now at lunch. Will be interested to see how it compares side by side to Rendezvous Rye.....

Oh, and did anyone on here buy a full set of Antique Collection in Brisbane a few months ago? The guy at the store mentioned someone did and that they were into bourbon forums.

Hey Cam, I also picked up a bottle of the High West Double Rye a week back or so, I found it really fruity and not as bold as I'd imagined. Have you tried it yet against the Rendezvous Rye?

Hey Cam, I also picked up a bottle of the High West Double Rye a week back or so, I found it really fruity and not as bold as I'd imagined. Have you tried it yet against the Rendezvous Rye?

Have both on hand ATM. Been through probably 4 bottles of Rendesvous vs Double Rye. Longer finish and more complex.

Have both on hand ATM. Been through probably 4 bottles of Rendesvous vs Double Rye. Longer finish and more complex.

If you're advocating the Rendezvous I totally agree, its much bolder and surprising. Depending on which proof you have this can affect the 'surprise' factor...;)

Not yet Tym. Will maybe save it for the next (pre Xmas?) SB catch-up arvo....

Sounds good Cam, i'll bring my open one so you don't have to crack yours. :)

Ordered a bottle of larceny and john b stetson, should be here tomorrow, really keen to try the larceny

Where from? Only place with Larceny I know is Nicks and the price is ridiculous. Great drop though.

Hope you guys down under like the Larceny. It seems to hit a pretty good spot with most folks here in the states.

Cheers! Joe

Big fan of Larceny now that Weller 12 is hard to come by on my trips to the US.

Btw: Any Four Roses fans here?

Mybottleshop comes through with the goods again, good price too. Didnt get it in time for the weekend though, damn Australia Post cost cutting...

Really dig four roses single, drinking the small batch tonight, halfway through the bottle after a couple months, not something I am going to rush out to buy again.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.