What bourbon are you drinking in Australia? - Winter 2014

Stones
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm debating organizing a local split of the Ten Four Roses SB offerings. Could be fun. Each bottle split 3-ways.

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by camduncan viewpost-right.png

Picked up a bottle of High West Double Rye just now at lunch. Will be interested to see how it compares side by side to Rendezvous Rye.....

Oh, and did anyone on here buy a full set of Antique Collection in Brisbane a few months ago? The guy at the store mentioned someone did and that they were into Bourbon. That may of been me :)

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by camduncan viewpost-right.png

Picked up a bottle of High West Double Rye just now at lunch. Will be interested to see how it compares side by side to Rendezvous Rye.....

Oh, and did anyone on here buy a full set of Antique Collection in Brisbane a few months ago? The guy at the store mentioned someone did and that they were into Bourbon. That may of been me :)

at $300 each?!?!? I wanna do what you do!

Keep talking cos Im listening! Whats the plan of attack?

My Plan: Order bottles, get them here, divide contents -> drink!

My Plan: Order bottles, get them here, divide contents -> drink!

That sounds like an AWESOME ​plan. Wish I was there to put it in action.

That sounds like an AWESOME ​plan. Wish I was there to put it in action.

Ironically Will, they'd probably fly right over your head on their way here :)

Well then, just lean out the window with the open bottle and I'll stand there with my mouth open.:yum:

Well then, just lean out the window with the open bottle and I'll stand there with my mouth open.:yum:

If only I still flew unpressurized airplanes! Bit dodgy in the jet :)

Drinking the larceny tonight and really struggling to get any to myself, my gf keeps stealing sips from my glass, we are both loving it.

• 6 months later...

Not quite bourbon, but I did sample some Crown Royal XR on the weekend - both the current version available at Dan's and the previous one no longer in production... Superb stuff and highly recommended if you like Canadian Whiskey!

Picked up 2 bottles of 86 Evan and 1 bottle of 80 OGD today. Currently knocking back EWB. Nice daily pours.

I wish that I was drinking in Australia!

Me too! It would also complete my 7 continents travel list.

One day, hopefully soon, I will get there! :cool:

If you ever do make it to Brisbane let me know... I'm always happy to take time off work to show SB folks around :)

If you ever do make it to Brisbane let me know... I'm always happy to take time off work to show SB folks around :)

I would be delighted to have the chance to take you up on the offer!

• 2 weeks later...

I will drink baby saz till the end of time.. .....

just sayin!

4R Henry McKenna with lemonade tonight. A bit of Beam Rye neat yesterday.

We need more affordable ryes in Australia! $40 to $50 dollar range would be acceptable. I keep hitting up wt81 and jb rye but we need someone to compete with these guys. Over 43 proof would be great. Rittenhouse too much as is rendezvous rye and baby saz!

There is a market!!!!

Where's Pikesville or overholt? I know they are bottom shelf but we are very limited in our options

Of course I meant 86 proof. A few too many when posting is never a great idea.

Bulleit rye is also an option that I havent tried recently

Of course I meant 86 proof. A few too many when posting is never a great idea.

Bulleit rye is also an option that I havent tried recently

Haven't tried the Bulleit Rye. Got some Baby Saz, WT 101 Rye and Rittenhouse. Really digging the JB rye though. Good price and product.

We need more affordable ryes in Australia! $40 to $50 dollar range would be acceptable. I keep hitting up wt81 and jb rye but we need someone to compete with these guys. Over 43 proof would be great. Rittenhouse too much as is rendezvous rye and baby saz!

There is a market!!!!

Where's Pikesville or overholt? I know they are bottom shelf but we are very limited in our options

Mybottleshop does old overholt, $59 i think.

Bulleit is danerously drinkable but I dont rate it for cocktails.

Even though it aint rye I really hope OGD BIB makes it here now it has fancy new packaging, its pretty ryeish and would fit nicely in the local lineup if the price was right, somewhere around WT101 price would be ideal.

There is a market!!!!

Reasonableness needs to prevail. Rittenhouse is widely available in the States for under $30. We're usually a couple yrs behind the times, I'm hoping in 5 yrs (about when my bunker will be empty) that our choices will be much better!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.