About All Things Pappy/VanWinkle

wildcatdon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just think, next year you can record a message like this: "We are open today from XXXX to YYYYY. If you are inquiring about limited release bourbons, that sucks for you. We are auctioning them all off for charity. You can register for our charity auction at ZZZ-ZZZ-ZZZZ."

Just curious if anyone has cracked this year's ORVW10, and if so, any thoughts on how it fares vs. 2013? Never did get a chance to try last year's.

Last year's Old Rip was insane. Have not tried this year's yet.

Agreed! From last year's release I would rather drink that than the Lot B, 20 and 23 year.

To pick up on the discussion in the BTAC thread, what laser codes are folks seeing on VW bottles from the current release? I have eyeballed two 15's purchased recently and both are 2013 bottles. Anyone see a 15 w a 2014 code?

To pick up on the discussion in the BTAC thread, what laser codes are folks seeing on VW bottles from the current release? I have eyeballed two 15's purchased recently and both are 2013 bottles. Anyone see a 15 w a 2014 code?

The 15 I picked up was 2013.

23 and 10 - both had 2014 laser codes

Just curious if anyone has cracked this year's ORVW10, and if so, any thoughts on how it fares vs. 2013? Never did get a chance to try last year's.

I'll report back to you. Was only able to snag the 10 yr this time around

My PVW 15 is a B14.

I was also able to scrounge up a PVW15 this year and mine has the 2014 code (In fact a pretty recent bottling: 12:31 on September 8th it would appear). B1425112:31K

post-8493-14489821713205_thumb.jpg

one of the PVW20s I picked up this year is a 2013, which was a little surprising. the only PVW15 I got is a B14...

Bunch of it "stolen" last year...2013 showing up this year...hmmmmm

Every release has some bottles from prior years in it, this is nothing new.

I was also able to scrounge up a PVW15 this year and mine has the 2014 code (In fact a pretty recent bottling: 12:31 on September 8th it would appear). B1425112:31K

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19792[/ATTACH]

Scrounged up another low proof 2014 WLW.

post-8493-14489821717679_thumb.jpg

B14248 something something. Bottled three days earlier than the first one.

Able to answer this for myself, as it turns out. 2014 is really nice, especially on the nose. Getting ample caramel, honey, vanilla. It's quite sweet but seriously a nice semi-frequent pour, especially for someone who doesn't reach for wheaters all too often. And it thoroughly trumps squat bottle 90 proof, in case anyone was interested.

post-10579-14489821720029_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the intel. I was on record saying the '13 version was really good and much better than the Lot B for less $. Imagine if this was somehow exempt from the Pappy hype and readily available for $45-$50 or so. I would buy it by the case and need nothing else.

Edit: Dear BT, please bag the Weller 12 and devote those stocks to the VW line. Bag the Old Rip 10/107 and just start "Pappy" at 12 yrs and up. Weller can be NAS/107 (bag NAS/90) and 10/107(or 10/100) and end there. No conflict or overlap in the wheated line. Ok? Ok.

Edited by Old Dusty

Thanks for the intel. I was on record saying the '13 version was really good and much better than the Lot B for less $. Imagine if this was somehow exempt from the Pappy hype and readily available for $45-$50 or so. I would buy it by the case and need nothing else.

I've taken the 10 over the Lot B three times now when I had the choice of one of the two. I like it a lot more, plus the proof difference.

Edit: Dear BT, please bag the Weller 12 and devote those stocks to the VW line. Bag the Old Rip 10/107 and just start "Pappy" at 12 yrs and up. Weller can be NAS/107 (bag NAS/90) and 10/107(or 10/100) and end there. No conflict or overlap in the wheated line. Ok? Ok.

• fishnbowljoe unpinned this topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.