About All Things Pappy/VanWinkle

wildcatdon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Let's no one post on this thread any more. PLEASE, I'm so tired of hearing pappy this or pappy that and seeing article about stizel weller in the news or blogs or pappy or julian or pappy or best bourbon in the world or hunting for pappy or pappy cigar boxes or pappy cigars or pappy barrel aged beer. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Everytime I see a stupid "review" like this:

I die a little inside.

Edited by bin31z

Great, now we are going to have a run on Old Grand Dad!

Doubt it...the label is not "pretty" enough. HAHA

I'm going to open up the Veblen Distillery and in the first year I'll release a 20 and 23 year old white whiskey that I allegedly distilled myself, enter it in the San Francisco competition & win a double gold medal. So many new bourbon freaks will want my product that I'll and become a millionaire so I can buy as many empty Pappy bottles as possible. No one will be the wiser. :)

You need to get Jim Murray on board, too. Then you're golden. Or put an owl on the label, preferably smoking a cigar.

And bin31z, no bashing Pappy: it's the best and that's all anybody should be looking for. Nothing else is any good. And anything less than 20 years old isn't even drinkable.

And every liquid that ever passed within 50 miles of Stitzel Weller will be hoarded by true bourbon fans for eternity.

They would buy the Julian bricks if told they were Pappy bricks, few would notice any difference.

... especially if they came with a certificate of authenticity from the franklin mint.:slappin:

... especially if they came with a certificate of authenticity from the franklin mint.:slappin:

Coming soon to www.pappyco.com!!

(Where they are already selling a $300 paring knife with a pappy barrel wood handle)

I just feel bad for "Rip Van Winkle". He is suddenly the red headed stepchild of the family. Pappy gets all the headlines.

Distilleries are like rock stars. They can be famous when they are alive but they have to die early to become legendary.

Edited by P&MLiquorsEric

Don't feel bad for Rip. His stuff is just as impossible to find and overpriced/overrated as Pappy.

Don't feel bad for Rip. His stuff is just as impossible to find and overpriced/overrated as Pappy.

The "Old Rip" squat bottles of yesteryear will always be my dusty "holy grail", may they RIP wherever they are...

cough.... check your emails.... cough (i think this forum is still member only)

Replied 5min after I got it *crosses fingers*

I was an hour late... but I have three stores that are calling me this year (probably). two of them last year were MSRP, hopefully it stays that way

I was an hour late... but I have three stores that are calling me this year (probably). two of them last year were MSRP, hopefully it stays that way

I was also an hour late. But I was also later than people who missed out on BTAC and still won. You never know with bevmo.

BTAC "winners" was not purely based on response time to the email. They probably still tier it or allow the bigger spenders to get a bottle first or have a very high chance to get one. Keeping my fingers crossed as well. Good luck people!

Replied 15 minutes late. I was. 30 minutes late on BTAC and didn't get any, but like HD 335 said, I don't think this is a strict first come first serve system.

well kick me out of that list. ha I rarely buy at bevmo. I did just receive "confirmation" emails for the 10, 12, and 15 years. no confirmation emails on the 20 or 23 and I responded to those first.

well kick me out of that list. ha I rarely buy at bevmo. I did just receive "confirmation" emails for the 10, 12, and 15 years. no confirmation emails on the 20 or 23 and I responded to those first.

You should only be getting one confirmation though for the first one you selected.

• fishnbowljoe unpinned this topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.