About All Things Pappy/VanWinkle

wildcatdon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

By the way, anyone hearing anything about the rye this year? No one--including BevMo--seems to be carrying it.

Binnys got a little bit. A friend of mine bought one.

By the way, anyone hearing anything about the rye this year? No one--including BevMo--seems to be carrying it.

Seems to be extremely scarce. The Big Red BTAC/VW lottery (that had multiple cases of most of the lineup) only included 1 bottle of the rye.

PA released their PVW to their website and caused it to promptly crash. That was my last hope of scoring a bottle of the 15yr maybe I'll get lucky next year.

It sure does seem like C is the secondary group, and everyone that I know who is in C group did not receive the 1% email. Good luck and here's the current inventory for those who are curious as of 12:24PM PST

10 year - 94

12 year - 110

15 year - 43

20 year - 38

23 year - 9

It may be a little while. The email said we have until Sunday to buy and they will hold it until then.

Just got the "we wish we had more" email from BevMo. Seems they're all gone.

Interesting. Their inventory shows bottles still available. Although, that's probably because the people who got the offer to buy, still have until Sunday to purchase. The backlog of potential "L" tier customers must be pretty deep.

But congrats to those that got the goods. Even though I struck out this year, I still think the BevMo process is fair. Very little effort on our part, for a shot at highly sought after whiskey.

Yeah, from a store like BevMo I'll happily take an online raffle. I'm sure as hell not sleeping outside a store for a bottle of anything. If I lose an online lottery, so be it. It required zero effort on my part. If I win, all the better. Not like there aren't countless other options to drink. Plus the 10% 'loser' coupon beats a sharp stick in the eye.

It sure does seem like C is the secondary group, and everyone that I know who is in C group did not receive the 1% email. Good luck and here's the current inventory for those who are curious as of 12:24PM PST

10 year - 94

12 year - 110

15 year - 43

20 year - 38

23 year - 9

I just received the 'Wish we had more' e-mail.

I received the 1% email in early November and responded to to the purchase e-mail last Friday the instant that I received it--I received confirmation e-mails (began with C) on my first two choices in 41 and 57 seconds respectively after receiving the initial e-mail...and still didn't get selected for a bottle.

I think that there is more at play than response time and money spent at BevMo, because I've spent a ton of money at BevMo and like I said, my response time was immediate. Possibly response to and purchase of their BTAC release...I didn't even respond to that one because I didn't see the e-mail until days later and knew I didn't have a shot.

I'm wondering of there was a delay from the time that someone at BevMo hit 'send' to the time that I received the purchase e-mail...what time did you guys that were selected for a bottle receive the purchase e-mail and confirmations?

Per my timestamps:

Purchase e-mail - Fri, 5 Dec 2014 8:26:02

1st choice Confirmation - Fri, 5 Dec 2014 8:26:43

2nd choice confirmation - Fri, 5 Dec 2014 8:26:59

4th choice confirmation - Fri, 5 Dec 2014 8: 27: 07

5th choice confirmation - Fri, 5 Dec 2014 8: 27: 16

3rd choice conformation - Fri, 5 Dec 2014 8:29:01

Yes, those are listed in order that they were received....I received the confirmation for my 3rd choice after the confirmation for my 4th and 5th choices.

Edited by TVojtko

I don't have the specific time but it was 7:30ish PM pacific time and I replied about an hour later and got the Lot B.

Who knows how it works...

Just found it. Received the initial email at 7:35pm pacific. Responded at 8:30pm pacific

Interesting.

Lot B was my 4th choice, so the confirmation was timestamped at 8:27 pacific.

No idea why I received the purchase e-mail 50 minutes later than you...unless they sent two e-mails spaced that far apart, which could be the meaning behind the L and C in the confirmations.

Did your conformations begin with L or C?

Edited by TVojtko

Rough times for fans of Van Winkle in Seattle. Total Wine continues to say that they are getting nothing. Rumor has it there may be an event of some kind in February, but for now the assumption is that they are going to skunk us. BevMo had a raffle this evening with pitifully few bottles. One location had (3) 10's, (3) 12's, and (2) '15's. Another location had only 2 bottles each of the three just listed. No word on the other location but they would likely have gotten less than these two stores. BevMo manager told me that none of their stores got any 20 or 23 yr bottles.

A few smaller independent stores are getting small allotments, but not much. So it begs the question: where are they all, especially the older bottles?

I really hope Total Wine surprises us with something.

• fishnbowljoe unpinned this topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.