Btac 2014

KyleCBreese
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

BTAC came and went immediately on PA's online site. Managed to grab an WLW, ER17 and S18. Here's to hoping it ships.

I'm happy with the relationship I have with my non-gouging local shop.

That is my feeling and action exactly.

Florida still waiting...

I was at Disney World about a week and half ago. Swung by a few shops including Total where they said November 1st (I believe that was for GTS, didn't have them check any others).

Still looking in NC myself. Based on what I'm being told it hasn't hit the central or Western part of the state yet. No one at the stores has any idea of when. Most don't even know what I'm talking about...

I read that subreddit post, and I can say that the same thing has worked for me this year - get on the waiting list of a county ABC board, and hope you get lucky. I got a GTS bottle from one county (and opened as soon as I got home) and I've got an ER17 waiting in another county. In some ways, the ABC system sucks because it's hard to find these limited releases, but at least when we do get them, I pay MSRP.

As for the PHC - I got an email last Friday afternoon at 3pm saying some had come in, and it was available immediately. I debated even making the drive, and decided to go for it at 8pm. The guys at the store laughed at me when I asked about it - said it was long gone. So I guess this FamilyGardener got the entire shipment.

Awesome. Just got an email from local box big retailer that they still have some BTAC bottles left and holding another one for me due to customers not placing their orders in the original time frame (what were they thinking?). Link for WLW this time, woohoo! It sure is nice to just sit in front of a computer and get a GTS and WLW this year.

Awesome. Just got an email from local box big retailer that they still have some BTAC bottles left and holding another one for me due to customers not placing their orders in the original time frame (what were they thinking?). Link for WLW this time, woohoo! It sure is nice to just sit in front of a computer and get a GTS and WLW this year.

By "big box retailer," do you mean BevMo?

Since presumably their top 1% (that got the original email) are mainly wine buyers, it's not really surprising that some of them had little/no interest in ordering these...

Still no sign of any at the regular smaller liquor stores down here.

Any one else in CA seeing any yet

BTAC came and went immediately on PA's online site. Managed to grab an WLW, ER17 and S18. Here's to hoping it ships.

Just got my shipment notice today for the ER17 I was able to purchase. I was a little too slow for the Saz18 and WLW but hopefully yours are on their way. Enjoy!

just saw some Handy on the shelf at a place by my house. Too bad they were asking $399 for them. My go to store said they're just waiting for their distributor to finish allocating them and should expect to see them early next week

just saw some Handy on the shelf at a place by my house. Too bad they were asking $399 for them. My go to store said they're just waiting for their distributor to finish allocating them and should expect to see them early next week

$399????!!!! hahahahahaha

Just got my WLW for Bevmo. Looking online they are now sold out of Saz18, but have 3 WLWs, 9 GTS and 1 each of THH and ER17. Hope more people don't order and I get another email from Bevmo for THH or ER17.

post-11296-1448982163731_thumb.jpg

Since presumably their top 1% (that got the original email) are mainly wine buyers, it's not really surprising that some of them had little/no interest in ordering these...

They would still need to request a bottle so it would seem odd to make a request and then not want it. Well, I'm not complaining :)

My local honey hole still hasn't received theirs yet.

Heard the same from a store nearby me. But the place I visited has a nasty habit of gouging on these kinds of things, so we'll see where the price ends up. That's actually getting to be the hardest part--finding a store that doesn't jack the price sky-high.

So I received my BTAC before the weekend. I put in a double order just in case the first one didn't get filled and instead the two were both fulfilled. The thought of returning it didn't even cross my mind, especially since I secured 2xWLW, 2xS18 and 2xER17. At $60 each no less.

Heard the same from a store nearby me. But the place I visited has a nasty habit of gouging on these kinds of things, so we'll see where the price ends up. That's actually getting to be the hardest part--finding a store that doesn't jack the price sky-high.

Sounds like a store I get some store picks from. 2013 Handy for $399 but I politely declined. It's all good, I'm not upset or annoyed. They have a right to sell it at whatever they feel will move and worth their troubles. I know I would feel burdened by the constant email and phone calls about allocated releases. I feel fortunate that a couple of stores I shop at are like friends to me and offer me bottles MSRP.

Geoff Kleinman at drinkspirits.com reviewed the 2014 bottles and has the 2014 Handy as the weakest of the bunch. In contrast, drinkdistiller.com calls it the best of the bunch, giving it a 98. (same reviewer gave the new Oregon BMH rye a 98 -- seeing a pattern here...)

I seem to recall there have been a few reports that Handy was not "up to snuff" this year with fewer that liked it. But not sure I have seen any tasting notes from SBers. Anybody tried it and formed an opinion yet? It is not my favorite bottle generally not because it isn't usually good but because it is basically just BP baby Saz and I don't think it should command the same price as the other BTAC bottles (including ER17). But it often does of course and more.

It is the one BTAC bottle I would consider passing on even if only slightly marked up and sometimes even at MSRP, not that I see it at that price much. This year I would rather have more of the new PHC for example if I had a choice.

I have no idea what is going on in Ohio with this. I did put my email in for an online lottery of one bottle.

Passed up a 2014 GTS for $599. Thought I'd let y'all know in case someone wants to jump all over that excellent price.

Passed up a 2014 GTS for $599. Thought I'd let y'all know in case someone wants to jump all over that excellent price.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.