Btac 2014

KyleCBreese
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well, it's not really "aging" in the ss tanks, so the age doesn't change. That's a big reason I went with the THH, figured if luck holds I will have a shit at the same ER17 next fall.

Well, it's not really "aging" in the ss tanks, so the age doesn't change. That's a big reason I went with the THH, figured if luck holds I will have a shit at the same ER17 next fall.

Or maybe a "shot". I like your original better though

Yeah, I've always assumed they weren't counting the tank years, but the wording on the fact sheet is strange. "19 years at time of bottling."

I would have gone with the ER 17 simply because of allocation. I think there were only around 3,200 bottles of ER and it's actually 19 years (2 of it swimming in a steal tank), but if THH is your preferred, then go for it. It is definitely good too, and the barrel proof is a bonus.

X2. If it is the same juice as last years, imho, thats a good thing. I really enjoyed the ER 17 last year. As long as you realize it doesn't have the explosive profile of GTS and WLW and take it for what it is, I found it to be an excellent bourbon and a steal at MSRP.

I can only speak to the samples I have from 2014 and 2013 for the ER 17, and they are two different whiskeys. The 2014 has more oak and tannin. I prefer the 2013.

As an FYI, NH State sent their allocations out to the stores today and it was pretty much wiped out in one day. I was able to get only 2 THH

I can only speak to the samples I have from 2014 and 2013 for the ER 17, and they are two different whiskeys. The 2014 has more oak and tannin. I prefer the 2013.

As an FYI, NH State sent their allocations out to the stores today and it was pretty much wiped out in one day. I was able to get only 2 THH

Damn. Looks like there may still be stock at certain stores but I'm not able to hop the border until the weekend :-{

Damn. Looks like there may still be stock at certain stores but I'm not able to hop the border until the weekend :-{

I don't believe that to be the case. I was told that inventory is not updated until close of business each day so even though they show stock it is most likely not there or being held for a customer. I was told that everything was either sold or spoken for even if it shows as available in their database. I hope I was misinformed.

I don't believe that to be the case. I was told that inventory is not updated until close of business each day so even though they show stock it is most likely not there or being held for a customer. I was told that everything was either sold or spoken for even if it shows as available in their database. I hope I was misinformed.

One of the things that tick me off about NH they told me the only item that was allocated to be held for individuals was the Pappy but the rest was first come, first served with NO holds allowed. That, of course, is total BS.

One of the things that tick me off about NH they told me the only item that was allocated to be held for individuals was the Pappy but the rest was first come, first served with NO holds allowed. That, of course, is total BS.

I had ordered a case each of Stagg, Weller and Eagle Rare for this year. I picked up my Stagg and Eagle Rare today. Was told no sign of the Weller yet, but I'm still on the list. It was from the VA ABC store and priced at $79.99 a bottle.

I had ordered a case each of Stagg, Weller and Eagle Rare for this year. I picked up my Stagg and Eagle Rare today. Was told no sign of the Weller yet, but I'm still on the list. It was from the VA ABC store and priced at $79.99 a bottle.

Woo-Wooo! Lucky You! Up here in Michigan a single bottle of ANY ONE of the BTAC is a reason to celebrate. Here's hoping the rest of your order comes thru. Cheers! Enjoy some fine Bourbons.

Woo-Wooo! Lucky You! Up here in Michigan a single bottle of ANY ONE of the BTAC is a reason to celebrate. Here's hoping the rest of your order comes thru. Cheers! Enjoy some fine Bourbons.

Agreed. I snagged one each of 3 of the 5 (No Weller or Saz) and was feeling pretty darn good about life.

Great score!! We didn't get any Weller here either. I am told if it shows up that I am on the list as well. has anyone heard about a separate shipment or issues with the WLW?

Great score!! We didn't get any Weller here either. I am told if it shows up that I am on the list as well. has anyone heard about a separate shipment or issues with the WLW?

As noted upthread in GA they are handled by different distributors (no idea why) and so seem to show up at different times and in different places. Perhaps NH is the same although if it is state controlled that may not apply. Of course Sazerac may simply ship them at different times. The whacky ways of liquor distribution are always a bit of a mystery to me.

Tried Stagg last night. Just spectacular! So rich and one of the longest finishes I've ever experienced.

Good to hear. Sounds like it picked back up after a spectacular 12 and a relatively weak, for Stagg, 13. Looking forward to popping mine open on Thanksgiving and riding the bottle into Christmas.

I also thought the 2013 was very ordinary, relatively speaking. Still great but didn't live up to prior years IMO.

I picked up a GTS today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there will be a THH waiting for me as well tomorrow.

Tried this year's THH last night after a long day, and thought it was a bit hotter than past releases - but not a departure from the flavor profile. Still what I love and expect from a THH (burnt orange zest, cinnamon, Christmas, banana nut cookies). Not a sbs, but I can see where if you had another next to it, you might find it wanting. Personally, I consider this a "first world problem" (having two different vintages of a very nice barrel proof rye open at the same time . . . oh how do we survive :lol:) This will be the first THH year I've had multiples of, and not disappointed in the least about it.

I recently heard a rumor that Bevmo's in California might have taken between 1/4 to 1/3 of the state's allocation. That means Total Wine might have received decently allocation leaving the smaller stores and bars to get the remaining amount. The distributors probably have a tough time figuring out who gets what.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.