What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 2014/2015

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Let's see, today started with WSR, then OGD114, followed by MMCS, and then some of Silverback's White Whiskey mixed in some soda with dinner. Switched to Topo Carolina Moonshine in the soda mix for the 2nd one at dinner.

Little bit of OGD114 this afternoon, helps the chores go faster! Guess I should get back to them instead of wasting time on the internet...

EHTSB this evening in preparation to taste the EHTBP that will be delivered later this week. Saw the EHT Rye today, will be going back to pick up a bottle in the next couple of days. Just wish I could find the Tornado Warehouse C edition to finish the set.

Having a fine pour of some AWS FR OBSV. Can't decide if I want another pour or settle in with a 2012 BoCo

Had a very generous pour of Ezra B Single Barrel. Maybe about 3+ ounces, over a single cube. Sipped away at that for a couple hours.

I know the NDP's don't get a lotta love around here; but this brand (at least the last few, and this current bottle) is excellent stuff to my taste-buddies!

EHTSB this evening in preparation to taste the EHTBP that will be delivered later this week. Saw the EHT Rye today, will be going back to pick up a bottle in the next couple of days. Just wish I could find the Tornado Warehouse C edition to finish the set.

Tornado is extinct and long gone and only found on the secondary market for the equivalent of a mortgage payment.

Rare Breed! Is it still Monday, or can I go ahead start drinking for Tuesday yet? ;)

Drink for Tuesday says I. We won't tell.

In San Antonio for work this week and try local Ranger Creek .36 Small Caliber Texas Bourbon Whiskey. I enjoyed it. Cloyingly sweet with a hint of maple syrup in the finish.

post-11536-14489821926409_thumb.jpg

Its all hands on deck here in NYC, some folks will be sleeping at work for 3 days.

So after a 6AM to 9PM day I drive home spend an hour blowing snow, shower and pour a couple of OGD114.

More white S#@$ tomorrow.

Another go at Maker's 46 this evening has me liking it quite a bit for the third time in a row thereby nullifying the off note tastes I thought it possessed in the first few pours.

Now onto my first ever pour of Rock Hill Farms. So far so good. Not yet ready to find it worthy of the premium price, but these things need time and many visits before drawing definitive conclusions.

Had a very generous pour of Ezra B Single Barrel. Maybe about 3+ ounces, over a single cube. Sipped away at that for a couple hours.

I know the NDP's don't get a lotta love around here; but this brand (at least the last few, and this current bottle) is excellent stuff to my taste-buddies!

well, if I have my info correct, you are basically drinking single barrel EC12. Should be pretty tasty!

894cdf2b7a7e38614ffef1b0094ec090.jpg sometimes Monday's get out of hand

Michael, every time you post a pic from that location and I see the full sized BHC with display rack open and actually being enjoyed it brings a smile to my face.

well, if I have my info correct, you are basically drinking single barrel EC12. Should be pretty tasty!

I certainly can believe that. It tastes more than a little similar. Actually, a bit cheaper here than EC12, so a bargain to boot! ...And, at 99-proof (EC12 is 94-pr), closer to the right ABV for this pour.

Do you know for sure this HH juic, OD?

4RsmB followed by EC12. Last EC12 I cracked was in NYC last year and I didn't love it, a balance issue with too much oak and eucalyptus. That profile held from open to empty. Last night a different bottle was much more like what I had at HH and at various other times cinnamon/chocolate and with the wood and eucalyptus as grace notes in the background and finish, a really nice complex and tasty pour. The 4R has improved as its hit about the 1/2 way mark. A OESK SB I have has a distinct tobacco note and in the SB it is unique and delicious, this Smb has too much of it and in concert with the O recipes its a weird balance compared to what I expect from 4RSmb, one of my absolute favorites. The Os are starting to assert themselves more now and the pour is becoming more enjoyable but I am looking forward to emptying this one in hopes that the next Smb is back on point. EC12 was the CLEAR standout last night.

January 2015.. Broke open a Bottle of Booker's Enjoying and old friend. Next month.. I figure to open a Four Roses Barrel Strength OBSQ bottled for ABC wine and liquor.. Had one at Christmas I really enjoy it.. Cheers. Creggor

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!