What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 2014/2015

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I had what could almost be called a decent week at work this week. :bigeyes: That being said, I decided to go with something a little different when I got home from work today. First pour was VROHH 8 yr. Second pour was "dusty" AA. Both 86 proof. Nice way to start the weekend.

Starting off the weekend with a couple pours of WT101 to adjust my palaye

I also need to adjust my "palaye" so I'll have what he's having.

I had what could almost be called a decent week at work this week. :bigeyes: That being said, I decided to go with something a little different when I got home from work today. First pour was VROHH 8 yr. Second pour was "dusty" AA. Both 86 proof. Nice way to start the weekend.

Funny you should mention the "dusty" AA, Joe. I was just eyeing the remaining few pours of an open bottle of AA BIB and wondering if I should knock it off once and for all. Now that I have AA on the brain, it seems my decision will be made easier by your subliminal suggestion. Bottoms up!

After a long week at work (with what looks to be 2 more weeks ahead of long days), I'm starting out with some SAOS7. Not sure what I'll go to next. Perhaps some MMCS, or maybe some CEHTSmB. Hmmm......decision time.

After a long week at work (with what looks to be 2 more weeks ahead of long days), I'm starting out with some SAOS7. Not sure what I'll go to next. Perhaps some MMCS, or maybe some CEHTSmB. Hmmm......decision time.

Looks like the Colonel won this time.

2014 gift shop Four Roses OESF, 2014 Four Roses Single Barrel LE, George Dickel 12 (NAFTA says it's bourbon). All very nice in their own way.

I also need to adjust my "palaye" so I'll have what he's having.

Once again fat fingers gets me.:lol: Back on topic finished the evening with several pours of EWBIB and OFSig. All three were very enjoyable but the OF won the night.

Got together last night and jammed for awhile, had ..Coopers Mark, (not bad stuff), Yellow rose..(ok),Stagg jr., Bowman bros. (pretty good), And finished it off with a pour of Saz 18 at about 2 am....went to bed at 4 am, ...my head hurts I think I'll go back to bed for awhile .

Had a nice taste of FRSB LE 2014 last night - looks like the last regular release of that expression per recent news.

after snow blowing my 125 ft driveway of 6 inches of snow I'm having a nice healthy pour of FRSB. It's supposed to snow for another few hours so I'll have to clean it up one more time. I guess I'll have to think about what to have the next time I come in :)

after snow blowing my 125 ft driveway of 6 inches of snow I'm having a nice healthy pour of FRSB. It's supposed to snow for another few hours so I'll have to clean it up one more time. I guess I'll have to think about what to have the next time I come in :)

We are on the same page. Shoveled 5" of wet heavy snow and rewarded myself/medicated my aching back with my last pours of FR private barrel OBSK. To take its place on the bar, I opened a private barrel of OBSF. Ten years eight months - 63%. My first time with this recipe. Really, really good. Getting hint of mint which adds complexity to the sweet spicy goodness...and heat. Neat for the first sip, think a few drops of water will be in order for the next glass. Got this one while traveling on business. Looks like I will checking my bag again for my next trip.

Had a generous pour from a low-fill bottle of Russell's Reserve 90 that I'd kinda pushed aside for many months (years?). Very solid pour.

Enjoying the last of my 4R single barrel. Really enjoyed this one. So much that I picked up a bottle of my local stores private selction, OBSO.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!