What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 2014/2015

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Enjoying myself this weekend with some OFBB '14 and 4R LE SmB '14. Heckuva night.

Last night had a small pour of EC12 before going out to dinner and I finally saw the light. Really a clean, sweet...and woody...expression. This bottle has been open for six months or so and maybe that is what it takes for my palate. Really looking forward to the rest of this bottle now. Was a fan of EC18 and still have two bottles in the bunker. I recall now ( yes I know the mind is the first thing to go) that it took a good deal of time for the EC18 to open up as well.

I'll be raising a glass of William Larue Weller (from'11) later today, to celebrate the memory, and mourn the loss, of the best pooch that ever drew breath, or barked at anything passing my house, or licked my face whenever I returned home from any excursion, no matter how short. She was such a sweetie! I guess I'll miss that little pookie for the rest of my life. :frown: :kiss:

I'll be raising a glass of William Larue Weller (from'11) later today, to celebrate the memory, and mourn the loss, of the best pooch that ever drew breath, or barked at anything passing my house, or licked my face whenever I returned home from any excursion, no matter how short. She was such a sweetie! I guess I'll miss that little pookie for the rest of my life. :frown: :kiss:

Sorry for your loss. Great way to celebrate her memory. They do make life better...

Only those of us who have had the same experience know of what you speak. Probably playing right now with the couple I've lost so far at the Rainbow Bridge.

Enjoying myself this weekend with some OFBB '14 and 4R LE SmB '14. Heckuva night.

Two great pours IMHO and they seem to compliment each other very well.

Starting off the day with some WT101 in me coffee and looking forward to what I hope will be two well played football games.

I can so relate and the older I get the more I appreciate them. Four years ago lost our 14 yr old Bichon and waited a year until we went to the Humane Society and adopted two darlings that give us so much joy everyday. A toast to mans best friend.:toast:

Sorry to hear that. Dogs really are the best example of unconditional love. My Samoyed is 12 now and really slowing down. Some days he makes me crazy, barking at nothing, but I can't imagine life without him.

I can relate. We lost our dog to cancer last year at far too young an age (6), and I am still not over her. (She's pictured in my avatar.) Dogs bring so much joy to lives it's amazing.

I can relate. We lost our dog to cancer last year at far too young an age (6), and I am still not over her. (She's pictured in my avatar.) Dogs bring so much joy to lives it's amazing.

Sorry for the bad news. But I know a good idea when I see it. Changed my avatar to a picture of our 3YO Golden Retriever,

Sorry to hear of your loss. I am dog lover and remember all of my previous pals who have passed. I hope you have many fond memories of her.

The final pour of last year's PVW15 has been poured to celebrate - and help calm my nerves - after the Seahawks victory. I can't believe what I just saw.

Watching the Colts-Patriots game. Not looking good for the hometown Colts. But, it is NFL football and the game is still early.

I saved a special bottle for tonight with the intent of finishing it on a special night. The Colts making the AFC Championship is special enough for me.

I had 5 ounces left in a bottle of WFE 9 Yr Barrel #1431 129.4 proof from Vine & Table. I split it over two pours. A truly spectacular whiskey. I wish I could buy more.

The final pour of last year's PVW15 has been poured to celebrate - and help calm my nerves - after the Seahawks victory. I can't believe what I just saw.

I thought about you at the end of that game. That was unreal, I still don't know where those last 5 minutes came from. People said last week was karma when GB beat DAL (revenge for that call during DET-DAL game the week prior), and I must say i'm glad the karma stayed true. See ya GB.

I'm all over the place tonight LP 22y, GD 14y, OGD 8y, SAOS 7y, GTS 128.2proof, and EWSB 1998. And sitting by a fire enjoying this awesome night that I can finally see the stars.

4R OBSK, clocking in at 11 yrs and 7 months old.

Steve, I can't believe that game either! Hopefully the Super Bowl will be half the game that was!

I'm always a little jealous to see your celebratory pours which I can't do after the game, but only because I'm in the stadium. ;) I made a point tonight to enjoy a small pour of PVW20 after unpacking and cleaning tailgate gear. It was worth the wait.

4R OBSK, clocking in at 11 yrs and 7 months old.

Steve, I can't believe that game either! Hopefully the Super Bowl will be half the game that was!

I have to say that I fear the Patriots. I still hope the Seahawks D can give them trouble though.

I'm always a little jealous to see your celebratory pours which I can't do after the game, but only because I'm in the stadium. ;) I made a point tonight to enjoy a small pour of PVW20 after unpacking and cleaning tailgate gear. It was worth the wait.

I'm jealous of you being in the stadium for that!!! Must have been incredible. PVW20 later one is a fine celebration/

Since I was in celebration mode, I followed up with 4R LE SmB '14 and then some GTS '14. My nerves are now totally calmed!! What a day.

ALERT! ... Thread Drift; for which I apologize in advance...

I just wanted to express my appreciation to the several folx who posted their kind and considerate words here to help ease my grief upon the recent passing of my favorite pookie-girl: Sabrina.

Thanx so much for your thoughtful posts.

ALERT! ... Thread Drift; for which I apologize in advance...

I just wanted to express my appreciation to the several folx who posted their kind and considerate words here to help ease my grief upon the recent passing of my favorite pookie-girl: Sabrina.

Thanx so much for your thoughtful posts.

i understand as well. we have two awesome mutts who are inseparable best buddies. we're on vacation and the onlybad part is leaving them alone. they have a huge yard and my dad spoils them rotten though. i prefer dogs to 80% of the people i meet. sorry for your loss richnimrod

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!