What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 2014/2015

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Went to a tasting event last night and was privileged to try PVW20 and 15, JPS18, a dusty WSR7yr, WLW'12, Larceny, 4RLESB'14, SAOS9yr called "Last Call", Booker's 25th, and GTS'12. Amazing night.

Tonight, I kept it simple with some standard BT and Weller 12. The key takeaway is that I enjoyed tonight's pours almost as much as some of last night's. It's a reminder that despite all the things we get worked up about (myself included) that we do live in good times for bourbon.

Last night Raylan and Boyd had me in the bourbon cabinet again. A Faultline followed by a Rhetoric made the cut.

The key takeaway is that I enjoyed tonight's pours almost as much as some of last night's. It's a reminder that despite all the things we get worked up about (myself included) that we do live in good times for bourbon.

Very well said and so true. It amazes me how many great choices most of us have.

Four Roses Single Barrel. I love this stuff.

My mouth is watering for another. I better not.

post-12191-14489821918022_thumb.jpg

post-12191-14489821918022_thumb.jpg

Edited by R-Savage

Just loving my Sunday routine of EWBIB first in me coffee and now in my bloody marys. Haven't decided yet if the rest of the day will be bourbon or rye.

We had a buddy and his wife over last night. Buddy and I poured or tasted damn near every bottle I had open: PVW15, ORVW10, Lot B, EC21, EC12, WLW, W12, GTS, Stagg Jr, ECBP, MMCS, MM, BT, ER10, ER17, ETL, EW1783, 4grains vat, baby Saz, OGD114, sb.com HHSSII, and SB blend. I may have even missed one or two. I think the only things we didn't tap into that I had open were PVW20 and 4RSmB. His favorites were PVW15 and ER10. His least fave was GTS.

I don't feel so good today.

Edit to add sb.com HHSSII, forgot that one in the list.

Edited by dcbt

This is a first for me - a drain pour, AE Cask Strength. The bottle is probably about 18 months old, I guess. Maybe the port wine flavor gets off over time? Well, it's not bourbon anyway.

Cleansing my my palate with some W12.

CEHT SB. The bottle has been open for about 9 months and is getting better and better.

Starting today with this line up. No specific reason just because.

I really like the JPS17.

[ATTACH]20113[/ATTACH]

Hugh, is that the lighting, or is the 17 THAT much darker than the others?

Started the evening with MMCS which is just an awesome pour. While I find regular MM to be ok, I love MMCS. Finishing up with some scotch , Glenlivet 18, as a night cap.

First time with RR 1792, did not expect the fruitiness, I will be buying this again.

I enjoy RR1792, one of my regular pours.

Hugh, is that the lighting, or is the 17 THAT much darker than the others?

The lighting cause some but I moved them over and confirmed the 17 is definitely darker in this set.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!