What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 2014/2015

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Bought a small bottle of AA10* yesterday and tried it last night. Glad a small is all I bought. All I got was corn from it.

Moved on to a JJB 10 which was much better. Reminded me of RHF in the dryness but a bit sweeter.

I've got an 8 YO cask strength SAOS that is one of my all-time favorites. Just opened an 11 YO store selection at 117 proof, that I think I'm really going to like, I just can't really tell right now, because like many others, I'm fighting off some flu-like symptoms.

Probably should have waited to open it, but I wanted something fairly high-proof to cut through the stuffiness the last couple of nights.

At the last DFW tasting, someone (Young Blacksmith I think) brought private selection SAOS cask strengths of varying years that were the consensus big winners. Can't say I've seen any SAOS in a retail store around here, though.

Last night was Booker's C2014-06. Wow, suprisingly easy to sip straight, despite being 126 proof or so. Tasty stuff indeed. It looks good in the glass too, syrupy and thick.

A 1:1 vatting of EC12 and ECBP. Brings the proof down to around 115. Very tasty

PVW20. I got concerned by some of the comments about partial bottles and the effects on the remainder. After this pour I'm no longer concerned.

Finished off my WSR. Now onto my bottle of SOAS7, Batch 45. Tastes like a younger Henry McKenna BIB.

Lindemans Cuve Rene Gueuze to start things off, followed by SOAS 11yr Lincoln Road pick, and now Evan Williams 23yr. Might do a Heaven Hill Select Stock next. Cheers!

Started with some Lot 40 (I know, it's a rye), and it's STILL not working for me. I've had it for almost a year now so I'm writing this one off. I redeemed the evening (now for some bourbon) with some WTRB 112. The redemption needs to go deeper, so I'm currently contemplating my next pour.

My next pout ended up being Bookers. Haven't had it in a while. I forget how good this one is. Those guys in Minnesota who can get this for $40 really have a good thing going.

Tonight was a few pours of OWA, now with a nightcap of E.H. Taylor Barrel proof, while watching the movie "Whiplash"…. which I highly recommend.

Had a pour of the HHSS, Batch 2 last night, haven't cracked this one in a while. First sip or two was good but had me wondering why I thought it was so fantastic. I think it just needed a little time in the glass - it opened up and then I thought it was spectacular. Creamy goodness.

On my third cup of coffee with a nice amount of AAA10*. My taste buds are slowly coming back. Damn flu.

Starting with the last couple ounces of 1792 RR, which is kinda like permission to buy a new bottle since one is hitting the recycling bin :)

Starting with the last couple ounces of 1792 RR, which is kinda like permission to buy a new bottle since one is hitting the recycling bin :)

balance must be maintained!

At the last DFW tasting, someone (Young Blacksmith I think) brought private selection SAOS cask strengths of varying years that were the consensus big winners. Can't say I've seen any SAOS in a retail store around here, though.

Those sure were tasty! They have them at a store in Dallas I found a couple weeks ago. Not store picks but their bourbon and rye labels. PM me if you want to check it out.

balance must be maintained!

I agree!! Followed that up with some FC 103. This may be one of my most under-rated bottles (meaning under-rated by me; this is a damn tasty pour that I overlook WAY too often!)

Bought some Fireball today just for fun. Had a bit and it is crazy sweet. Just poured a bit of WT 101 which is tasting very nice.

Havent been drinking much lately, only about once a week. I feel like the flavors have gotten more intense and distinguishable, which is awesome. Tonight I poured an EWSB. Always tasty, but tonight, exceptional.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!