What bourbon did you purchase today? Winter 2014/2015

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Loaded up yesterday, grabbing a bottle each of Bookers, OWA and Jeffersons Ocean Aged. It's going to be hard to get any work done from home these next few weeks!!

Picked up another EWSB and a store select OBSV. The OBSV is from the major liquor store in FL. The one girl who knows anything about bourbon wasnt in when I made the purchase. It was the same cost as the normal 4RSB. I figure it probably is no worse, and possibly better so I got it. Opening it today. If its good, Ill go get the other 3.

Picked up a bottle of EC12 today on sale. Didn't need it and just added it to the bunker, but for $23.50 otd, I can't pass on that deal! Happy New Years everyone.

Went into the local Specs thinking I'd spend a little more money and try something new. Ended up walking out with another bottle of OGD114 since I'm almost out at home. It's hard passing that up for $20.

Took the plunge on a Lost Prophet in addition to a much more affordable store pick of OWA. Will likely put the Lost Prophet on the docket for the planned Friday special edition of Wednesday tastings along with its Lost brethren. Also picked up a SA Contradiction out of an overabundance of curiosity (and I generally like what they are doing so far which counts for a lot these days!).

The Lost Prophet appears to be on a very tight allocation with 1-3 bottles per store. Not sure if it is really that rare or if they are again trying to build up a sense of scarcity before once again flooding the market...

Took the plunge on a Lost Prophet in addition to a much more affordable store pick of OWA. Will likely put the Lost Prophet on the docket for the planned Friday special edition of Wednesday tastings along with its Lost brethren. Also picked up a SA Contradiction out of an overabundance of curiosity (and I generally like what they are doing so far which counts for a lot these days!).

The Lost Prophet appears to be on a very tight allocation with 1-3 bottles per store. Not sure if it is really that rare or if they are again trying to build up a sense of scarcity before once again flooding the market...

The Holy Grail in Pennsylvania! I've driven hours out of my way to get this....now it's 10 minutes from my house! Evan Williams BIB!!

Haven't had any bourbon in a couple of weeks. Decided to get a bottle for New Year's Eve. I went with Baker's for $36. I've liked it in the past and am looking forward to trying a little again tonight (assuming I can stay awake).

Picked up a LB select WTKS this afternoon. Looking forward to a little comparison with another store select WTRR and the "new" RB.

All you guys getting W12 are killing me!! In the last year or so, I haven't seen a single bottle of W12 in a store. I went to 3 stores yesterday just to see what, if anything, was interesting and didn't buy a single thing. I was happy to see that SAOS has finally made it to NC, but since I'm well stocked on it from recent trips to VA, I didn't need another bottle for now. There are times I really hate living in NC.

All you guys getting W12 are killing me!! In the last year or so, I haven't seen a single bottle of W12 in a store. I went to 3 stores yesterday just to see what, if anything, was interesting and didn't buy a single thing. I was happy to see that SAOS has finally made it to NC, but since I'm well stocked on it from recent trips to VA, I didn't need another bottle for now. There are times I really hate living in NC.

its not just NC. I havent seen a W12 on a shelf since I first got into bourbon a few years ago. I was working my way through different labels, proofs, recipes and thought nothing of it. Havent seen one in over two years, and Im in KY. Ive had it at restaurants since then and enjoyed it, but its not something Id go out of my way to acquire. being called 'little pappy' only makes it harder to obtain.

its not just NC. I havent seen a W12 on a shelf since I first got into bourbon a few years ago. I was working my way through different labels, proofs, recipes and thought nothing of it. Havent seen one in over two years, and Im in KY. Ive had it at restaurants since then and enjoyed it, but its not something Id go out of my way to acquire. being called 'little pappy' only makes it harder to obtain.

I was able to get a couple bottles shipped to me from a shop in Colorado about a year ago, but that's it. I really like the stuff, but I've managed to find other bourbons that I like, fortunately. ;-)

The Holy Grail in Pennsylvania! I've driven hours out of my way to get this....now it's 10 minutes from my house! Evan Williams BIB!!

Oops. Looks like I posted in the wrong thread too. :grin:

ETL has finally reappeared here in Illinois. :bigeyes: Grabbed one while I was out and about yesterday. Grabbed another today on the way home from work. :cool:

Joe

I noticed an ETL box on the floor of my local store (there are boxes around waiting to be shelved when they receive shipments) so I asked an associate for the price and if I could grab some. I bought 2 bottles at $40 ($8 more than it was last time I saw it in February) and was so excited, I forgot to get the bottle of champagne for New Year's.

I then got a call from another store I frequent, since I had asked months ago to be contacted if ETL was in stock. I stopped by and the BT distributor had also delivered some CEHT BP, so I picked up a bottle of that and Stagg Jr (Batch 3) to go with my bunkered Batches 1 and 2. I didn't get any more ETL since they were priced at $45.

After Christmas, I was in TN to visit the future in-laws and hit up some stores. Purchased:

Cumberland Cask Barrel Cut (only distributed in TN last time I checked)

SAOS 8yr Single Barrel

SAOS 9yr store selection (Thanks to the recommendation in the "stores with good service" thread for Red Dog in Franklin, TN)

FRSB Red Dog store selection - standard proof OBSV @ ~8.5 yrs

Jason

Received a call with some choices, ER17, GTS, SAZ18, VW10, VW12.

I could pick one.

I went for the SAZ18.

Received a call with some choices, ER17, GTS, SAZ18, VW10, VW12.

I could pick one.

I went for the SAZ18.

Was able to add to my 4R recipe collection today. Purchased an OESF, 10 years 8 months, 117.6 proof. I've never had this recipe before, but I immediately cracked it and love what I am tasting. I know I will be back to buy another 1 or 2.

Finally got my hands on a couple bottles of the Four Roses Platinum from Japan. Been waiting for a friend of a friend to bring them back for nearly a year.

I was out shopping for my upcoming belated honeymoon to Mexico (we were married in August, but decided to wait until winter set in before taking off for somewhere warm), and I stopped by Merchant's Fine Wine in Dearborn, MI. The selection wasn't as great as I'd heard it was, but I did manage to pick up a CEHT Barrel Proof (129.0*).

Grabbed a couple RHFs. With Elmer hitting $40 and Blanton's creeping up it's only a matter of time before RHF is $55-60 too.

One bottle each of two barrels of SAOS 8 yr cask strength selected for Packages & More Liquors in Elizabethtown. These barrels were selected by Bill Dowell and Doug Phillips, aka DougDog.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.