What bourbon did you purchase today? Winter 2014/2015

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Grabbed a Willet 8 YO Rye today. They had bottles from barrels 41,42, and 43. I went with barrel 41 as it was a slightly higher proof.

Post season now, but just had a PVW 20 fall into my lap at MSRP. Unexpected would be an understatement.

So after a few pours of Blanton's last night and wanting to take Squires advice to heart I was shocked to find that both my bar and my garage stash was devoid of any great everyday pours.

Situation corrected today with pruchases of OFSig, AAA10*, and EWBIB.

Grabbed the last 3 bottles of VOB BiB 6yr AS at my store. That's all there is and they aren't expecting it any more.

Grabbed the last 3 bottles of VOB BiB 6yr AS at my store. That's all there is and they aren't expecting it any more.

Picked up a Weller 12 today for the bunker. It's getting harder and harder to come by even in these parts now.

So after a few pours of Blanton's last night and wanting to take Squires advice to heart I was shocked to find that both my bar and my garage stash was devoid of any great everyday pours.

Situation corrected today with pruchases of OFSig, AAA10*, and EWBIB.

Picked up a Weller 12 today for the bunker. It's getting harder and harder to come by even in these parts now.

I still think that bunkers are filling now, like they did with ETL. Once people reach their desired stash levels it will be back one day not too long from now, without warning, as plentiful as before.

I still think that bunkers are filling now, like they did with ETL. Once people reach their desired stash levels it will be back one day not too long from now, without warning, as plentiful as before.

Maybe. But ETL hasn't come back in this area. When I was checking out a few months ago, one store owner told me BT will release Weller again in June so we're SOL until then. No clue on the accuracy of that, though.

When Weller 12 hits the shelves here, I'm usually able to get a couple bottles, but those are long gone by the time I see it again. I certainly wouldn't say that my bunker is filling with it.

Purchased 2 bottles of Binny's selection Weller 107 single barrel for $23 each. I think this must be one of the best deals around -- a single barrel Weller at close to barrel proof. I've also recently purchased Weller 107 single barrel selections from Warehouse Liquors in Chicago (great place) and they don't disappoint. Fully mature, rich and creamy, with that sweet Weller goodness.

Edited by portugieser

Finally got my hands on a couple bottles of the Four Roses Platinum from Japan. Been waiting for a friend of a friend to bring them back for nearly a year.

Still on a roll of re-stocking the good stuff. Picked up a handle of WT101 & OGDBIB. All is right in my world now, balance has been restored.

Store select ER10 and an Old Ezra 7/101. Never tried the latter

lemme know what you think of the OE101,its a regular around my house.

Handle of AA 10 Star. Quite a nice value, IMHO.

sure is lot of AAA 10* being discussed lately......it seemed to be belittled forever and now this month its all over the place.

did you try that yet?

I wonder how it compares to Four Roses Limited Edition Small Batch, for instance.

Just picked two bottles of this from a friend yesterday to add to the open bottle brought back from Japan last year. To me, it is some of the best stuff out of FR. I do wish it was higher proof but not sure how the high proof would change the profile. Nonetheless, still an amazingly smooth pour for sure.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.