What bourbon did you purchase today? Winter 2014/2015

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

lemme know what you think of the OE101,its a regular around my house.

Really enjoyed it, especially considering the price. It has found a place on my bar. Will buy again

Got some Bookers last night for $39 before tax. Only had a small taste but it's definitely creamy, and smooth for the proof. Will have to have a proper drink later.

Normally I don't post to "What bourbon/rye/whatever did you buy/drink/whatever today?" threads (just seems too tweety), but the two bottles of Weller 12 I bought at lunch are the first I've ever seen for sale in Oregon, let alone bought here.

Seeing them on the shelf, I got that slightly dizzy sense of being in a parallel universe. Perhaps one where FSU won the Rose Bowl. Maybe I should ask.

((Weller 12 x2) + (2 Parkers Heritage - 1 for a friend))= Not a bad day

What???? No Weller 12 for your friend too? :lol:

Cheers, and enjoy those Weller 12's brother. :bowdown:

Joe

Went to a little liquor store today and just happened to look on the bottom shelf and what to my surprise...... 2 WTAS 15y in their little wooden boxes. So I thought I would give them a new home.

Went to a little liquor store today and just happened to look on the bottom shelf and what to my surprise...... 2 WTAS 15y in their little wooden boxes. So I thought I would give them a new home.

West Coast wet with Weller! A forumite graciosly grabbed a bottle for me. I have about a pour left of the SB blend and was pretty much about to just stick with OWA, W12 low and behold pops up in our fine state.

West Coast wet with Weller! A forumite graciosly grabbed a bottle for me. I have about a pour left of the SB blend and was pretty much about to just stick with OWA, W12 low and behold pops up in our fine state.

Amazingly, ran across some Bambi (Stagg Jr.) at MSRP today so I brought one home. Haven't seen that one around here in quite a while.

Stopped in to Binnys and thanks to a certain whiskey guru and SB contributor, walked out with Lost Prophet, Antique 107 Binnys single barrel and Smooth Ambler Old Scout 11 year Binnys label. Had to sneak it in the house as my wife is convinced I have enough to last through the ending his decade...but I couldn't resist.

Edited by grantsi
want ti remove name

Grabbed a Makers Mark Cask Strength and finally picked up an OGD 114 to see why it is loved so much around here.

Grabbed a Makers Mark Cask Strength and finally picked up an OGD 114 to see why it is loved so much around here.

leave the 114 open to air for a few days and THEN try it!

Family size weller 12. Glad it has made it back to FL. It was a bot of a consolation though. A friend texted me to tell that he bought a bowman brothers single barrel. He then mentioned that they had a gingerbread finished there too. I stopped at that store 5 min later and it was the vanilla bean finished. Oh well, I will never complain about picking up a Weller these days. Now if OWA would show back up......

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.