What bourbon did you purchase today? Winter 2014/2015

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Found these shelfturds:

?size=l

Wow, nice pick there. I take it the bourbon craze has not really hit Belgium yet?

Nope. Had to get it overseas.
I really have to wonder how many rare bourbons end up getting shipped right back to the states. I'm considering it with WT12 101 or Blanton's SFTB but the markup and shipping prices are no joke.

Six bottles of HH 6-Year BIB, one bottle of ECBP (140.4-proof) and one bottle of BT (for my wife).

Wow, nice pick there. I take it the bourbon craze has not really hit Belgium yet?

No not in Belgium as far as I know. I actually found these in the Netherlands where they seem to have a bigger interest for bourbon then in Belgium. But it's definately not as crazy like in the US.

Rock Hill Farms for $53.99. I think I've seen it as low as $49 elsewhere, but this was right next to my house. Looking forward to trying it soon.

before my WFE 8 year runs out, I wanted to put it against a SAOS 8 year, so I went out and tracked one down today. they are within .5 proof of each other, and both 8 year stated, so it should be a fair comparison. Ive been pretty open that I didnt think the WFE was worth the $59 I paid for it a year and a half ago already and have no intention of buying anymore due to that and the fact that they are overly proud of their stuff these days. $46 for the SAOS I thought was quite fair. we'll see....

post-10005-14489821865745_thumb.jpg

i dont know why every time I load a picture it orients in some random way....

post-10005-14489821865175_thumb.jpg

Snagged a store selection 4RSB (100 proof) and a 750 of AAA10*. Been seeing a lot about it on here and wanted to finally give it a try. I enjoyed the AAA10yr back when that was available.

I was able to secure a bottle of ECBP with the help of a very generous SB member. Super excited to try this latest batch.

Our local got in some Four Roses OBSF 10 yr 4 month 58.4%.

I can't wait to try it, this is the first of the casks it we have had around here.

I was able to secure a bottle of ECBP with the help of a very generous SB member. Super excited to try this latest batch.

What batch are we up to now? I lost track after hazmat batch 6.

What batch are we up to now? I lost track after hazmat batch 6.

It is batch 6. The last one was 3 or 4 I think.

Tried to resist but I got sucked into a Lost Prophet at the dear price of $150. Thought it was going to be cheaper!

I grabbed a bottle of OGDBiB. If someone came up with that ugly label today--hunter orange contrasted with emerald green lettering--they would be fired. Regardless, inside lurks a fine bourbon.

Tried to resist but I got sucked into a Lost Prophet at the dear price of $150. Thought it was going to be cheaper!

I think "MSRP" was going to be 130 on this but few stores actually sell at that price point anymore.

I recently add Very Olde St Nick 15yr and 17yr bourbon, 15yr winter rye, a NAS winter rye and thanks to a fellow SB member a bottle of Contradiction and a Binny's SAOS 11yr pick.

Picked up a Lost Prophet today. Ever since I bought the first Orphan I feel like I have to buy them all. I'm sure Diageo bet on this happening. I'm the sucker. Though I'm more excited for this one than the others I must admit.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.