What bourbon are you drinking? Spring 2015!

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Having some OS7y sitting by a fire to night. This has been my go to drink the past year. And as the batches get higher and higher in numbers the better they get.

I actually cracked open the 7 year about 20 minutes ago (poured a glass and waiting in line), enjoying some ETL first.

Just got back from vacation where I had my first experiences with EC12 on the many recommendations of it on this board. I really enjoyed it and have been pleasantly surprised by the other HH stuff I have tried (PHC#8, EWB) but am left wondering: In my area, most stores can't keep most 10+ year old bourbons on the shelves, yet I have no problem finding EC12. Why is this?

Just got back from vacation where I had my first experiences with EC12 on the many recommendations of it on this board. I really enjoyed it and have been pleasantly surprised by the other HH stuff I have tried (PHC#8, EWB) but am left wondering: In my area, most stores can't keep most 10+ year old bourbons on the shelves, yet I have no problem finding EC12. Why is this?

For one thing Heaven Hill has a helluva lot of aged stock in their warehouses so they can keep the shelves supplied and the prices reasonable.

Heaven Hill products don't have the unwarranted hype surrounding them that BT's do, and they seem to do a much better job of meeting demand for them.

Well, the latter could be partly due to the former...

Last night was 2 big pours of ECBP..... one of my favorites.

This one still eludes me. Been dying to try.

Unfortunately, many retailers by me are either sold out or having raffles for a chance to win. What is this world coming to?

Had a generous pour of EC-12. It's been a long time since I poured it. TOO LONG!

It's very nice and definitely a bargain for what it is, compared to the cheese for which it sells.

So my colleague that sits next to me at work received a bottle of Bib & Tucker for his birthday today. He opened it up at the end of the day and a few of us tried it.

All I can say is "weird". Has a distinct flavor that reminds me of vitamins. Not the Flintstones variety (which has enough sugar and flavor to be palatable), but rather that bitter flavor you get from a daily vitamin that sat on the tongue too long before you got a drink of water.

In other words......"Blechhhhh!!!" So glad I didn't purchase this. I read an old thread that speculated this was MGP distilled. If so, I've never tasted another MGP that resembles this one even closely.

So my colleague that sits next to me at work received a bottle of Bib & Tucker for his birthday today. He opened it up at the end of the day and a few of us tried it.

All I can say is "weird". Has a distinct flavor that reminds me of vitamins. Not the Flintstones variety (which has enough sugar and flavor to be palatable), but rather that bitter flavor you get from a daily vitamin that sat on the tongue too long before you got a drink of water.

In other words......"Blechhhhh!!!" So glad I didn't purchase this. I read an old thread that speculated this was MGP distilled. If so, I've never tasted another MGP that resembles this one even closely.

Opened the seal tonight on the most special bottle I've bought to date as a celebration for a combo of my B-day and to watch the first of the last episodes of Mad Men. FRSmBb LE 2014. It's awesome.

Following it up with a great store select OBSK.

Finishing a bottle of Larceny while watching the NCAA Finals. Its tasty, but Im not sure Ill replace it at the $32 price point around here. This is one it seems like many of you can get for much less.

Finishing a bottle of Larceny while watching the NCAA Finals. Its tasty, but Im not sure Ill replace it at the $32 price point around here. This is one it seems like many of you can get for much less.

You can get that in JAX? I figured they didn't distribute it in FL since I haven't seen it anywhere in the state. Mind if I ask where? I'd like to pick up a bottle next time I'm in town.

Have drained out the last drops from two different bottles while watching the NCAA Finals. EC20 & WTRB.

Tonight I decided to try the SAOS 7 year again. Last night, my palate must have been off. Tonight's pour is delicious. Really enjoying this now.

Opened the game and a bottle of 2014 OFBB. Not doing a anything for me. On to FRSB. That's better!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!