What bourbon are you drinking? Spring 2015!

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Wow, Just opened a McScrooges EWSB 2003. What a selection, the nose is outstanding, heavy oak and baking spices, it lingers into cherries and oranged chocolate. Pallate is sweet on entry blends into that orange chocolate. The rye burn takes over leaving the spices. The finish lingers with cherries and Heaven Hill. Mouthfeel is solid for the 86.6 proof and the finish is long. This is a great bourbon, nose and the pallate align fantastically.

To those who pan offerings on proof alone, you're missing out on this one, it punches well above its weight.

Kinda jumped around a bit tonight. Started off with some Booker's 2014-7 over a large ice block. Really liking this one so far. After that, I tried some of my wife's Hudson 4-Grain Bourbon. Really wasn't to my liking, so I decided to have some MMCS after that, which always treats me right. Thought about going for some GTS14 to finish the night, but after Duke won, I really didn't feel like wasting the Stagg. Instead, I'm enjoying some SAOS9BP (Caskers select).

Busted open my Cured Oak to celebrate the Badgers victory. Great pour, nicely balanced - some fruitiness, some caramel, some oak, some spice. Go Bucky.

Kinda jumped around a bit tonight. Started off with some Booker's 2014-7 over a large ice block. Really liking this one so far. After that, I tried some of my wife's Hudson 4-Grain Bourbon. Really wasn't to my liking, so I decided to have some MMCS after that, which always treats me right. Thought about going for some GTS14 to finish the night, but after Duke won, I really didn't feel like wasting the Stagg. Instead, I'm enjoying some SAOS9BP (Caskers select).

Hopefully that means you are a State fan. Go pack!

Oh, sipping a Stagg Jr in case anyone is interested.

Hopefully that means you are a State fan. Go pack!

Oh, sipping a Stagg Jr in case anyone is interested.

Nope. Go Heels!

But I'll be a Badgers fan on Monday! Enjoy the Stagg Jr. Haven't had Jr. yet. Can't find it around these parts.

On Wisconsin!

I've gotta say it's a little sad around Lexington tonight, but what a great run these young men gave us this year.

Congratulations to the Badgers on their victory... what a great game it was!

went to nice dinner with Mrs Fox tonight. I was suprised to see HHBIB on the menu, and ordered one neat. He came back and said they dont carry it anymore, so I ordered an OWA107, he came back and said they didnt have it anymore but offered W12 instead. I instead opted for OGD114. Still have a bit of a cold, everything tastes a bit off. oh well...

oh. and........go Badgers!

Nope. Go Heels!

But I'll be a Badgers fan on Monday! Enjoy the Stagg Jr. Haven't had Jr. yet. Can't find it around these parts.

Yesterday was a busy whiskey day: Bakers, homemade WT Forgiven, RHF, and HMcK 10 BIB.

Yesterday was a busy whiskey day: Bakers, homemade WT Forgiven, RHF, and HMcK 10 BIB.

What do you think of your homemade WT Forgiven? I have a bottles of both 101's open on the bar and I haven't thought of trying that.

I just smile and nod on my way out the door. Life's too short to argue with idiots, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. Learned that lesson through years spent in gun stores. :)

That reminds me of a story Jimmy Johnson tells when he was looking to trade for Charles Haley. Haley had a reputation for having a bad attitude, hard to deal with, etc, but when JJ asked around everyone added, "But he's smart." That was all Jimmy needed to hear, as he tells it: "I know he's talented, and if he's smart I know I can at least reason with him." The implication of the opposite, of course, is it's not worth trying to reason with dummies.

Happy Easter and happy, happy end of Lent. My first pour in 46 days...HH Select Stock (2014).

Having a little Knob Creek Single Barrel. Good way to finish off Easter Sunday after some lamb for dinner accompanied by Cigar Zin. This one has opened up a bit for me, but isn't my favorite high-proofer.

had a pour of a HH6BIB I keep at the in-laws while over for Easter Dinner. This bottle has probably been open a good 6 months, and seemed better than the newly opened bottle I had recently, though they were purchased at the same time. air time, is my best guess.

Starting the night with the last 2 ounces of my 375ml WT101

Time to open something new and since this was the only one I had duplicates of I opted for it even though I have had it before:

Valentine Distilling Woodward Ltd, a local micro distillery favorite of mine and fair price for ~$42. I have a bottle of Two James Grass Widow I have been wanting to try but am saving it for a later/special occasion since that bottle cost me $60.

6GNZnqr.png

Just got around to opening CEHTBP 129 proof that I bought in October 2014, figured Easter Sunday was a good day to open it. So far, I am finding it a bit hot (even with water), maybe some airtime will decrease the amount of alcohol in the nose. At any rate, I am enjoying the caramel, cinnamon, and spice that I am tasting. Overall, when initially opened ECBP was a bit better, but will give this one some time.

Having a pour of some FR OBSV picked by some hooligans known to associate with the Appalachian Whiskey Society. Cheers to those guys because this bottle just keeps getting better and better and it was fantastic from the start.

Having some OS7y sitting by a fire to night. This has been my go to drink the past year. And as the batches get higher and higher in numbers the better they get.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!