What bourbon are you drinking? Spring 2015!

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I am sipping Evan Williams Bottled in Bond, and Elijah Craig Barrel Proof 70.1 abv on deck. EWBB is a great budget pour.

VOB "6" BIB - it was calling to me.

Celebrating the release of an app my wife and I developed with some Pappy 15. Nervous and exciting. Anyone wanting to check out here's the site. It's a music app. Cheers yall.

www.hellomixkit.com

Finally cracked open the HHBIB (Gold Label). Man, this is very tasty, I like. Can't complain when the 1 liter cost me $15.

I need to go find some EWBIB to compare.

Edited by johnnybogey

SB blend is the straightbourbon created blend (aka "Poor Man's Pappy") of vatting 60% Old Weller Antique and 40% Weller 12. Some do 50/50% ratio.

Some say this is very close to the recipe for Van Winkle Lot "B".

Weller 12 IS basically Lot B. Same recipe, same age, almost the same proof. Lot B is the best pick of the barrels that otherwise become Weller 12.

Going away happy hour at my old job last night and I had a Maker's 46 and Knob Creek.

Weller 12 IS basically Lot B. Same recipe, same age, almost the same proof. Lot B is the best pick of the barrels that otherwise become Weller 12.

Thanks for for confirming flahute. Wasn't sure if this was speculation or fact. This certainly explains the disappearance of W12 for shelves across the country.

finished up a bottle of OGD114 last night, then cracked the seal on a OGDBIB...

Last nite I had to sip on some VOB while watching the weathermen babble over themselves about all the severe storms in my state.

A regular springtime activity for me. (Not always VOB though;-) )

Long, annoying week with work and finally back home... so an ounce or two of my EC12/ECBP Hazmat blend was in order. This one never misses.

A little Henry McKenna store selection while getting ready for the fellas to come over. It's getting damn warm out today northwest of Atlanta. I think I need to switch up to an old fashioned. Now where is that SAOS Rye.......

Sitting on the patio watching the dogs hunt lizards with a glass of SAOS 7yr 99pf. I wish I could find a barrel proofer of this stuff around here.

RRSmBSB Binny's pick barrel #966. They did good. Caramel butterscotch is the nose and fading finish I get from this one.

Sitting on the patio watching the dogs hunt lizards with a glass of SAOS 7yr 99pf. I wish I could find a barrel proofer of this stuff around here.

A nice pour of Old Forester Signature.

Nice. This has been on my radar for a while now. Virtually impossible to find around me (burbs of NYC).

Off track here but a lizard slipped into the house the other day and I thought the two dogs were going to tear up the place until they caught him.

He did loose his tail but we were able to rescue him before he got eliminated.

Started tonight with some Four Roses Yellow Label, which is probably my current go-to/favorite. Am now having my first ever pour of Elijah Craig 12 (which I picked up yesterday) and am really enjoying it. It's great stuff.

Well since we don't get Weller 12 in the great state of Maryland and I have been itching to try the SB blend, I decided to try the blend (50/50) with the BTEC wheat 12 yr 90 proof and OWA. It was pretty tasty. I liked it better than the BTEC on its own.

Weller SR for me tonight. Haven't had this in quite a while. Tasting pretty darned good tonight. :yum:

Cheers! Joe

Started tonight with some Four Roses Yellow Label, which is probably my current go-to/favorite. .....

I really should have grabbed a bottle of this today when I saw it for the first time. I got a SmB and SiB in the bunker so I should get a YL for comparison when I crack those 2 open.

Having some WT101 tonight for my first time, no complaints.

WSZTljZ.png

Having some WT101 tonight for my first time, no complaints.

That describes me last weekend. WT101 and college basketball made for a wonderful Saturday night! WT101 is also great stuff.

Now having a pour of contradiction. I am glad my local honey hole talked me into this.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!