What beer are you drinking, SPRING 2015?

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Zywiec Porter. My favorite style of beer is big, sweet Baltic porters, but my very favorite beer on Earth, Okocim Porter, was discontinued a while back when Carlsberg bought the Okocim brewery. I've been looking for a beer or beers to take its place for a while now. Zywiec recently overhauled their line-up of beers and re-introduced a porter, and this new Zywiec porter (from Poland, as was the Okocim) is pretty close. Other contenders are Utenos porter (Lithuania) and Aldaris Porteris (Latvia).

That bums my head to learn that Okocim discontinued making their fabulous porter. But as you said, the Zywiec is pretty darned close and great value as well at $1.80 per pint bottle. I love the stuff too but usually hold off until the fall before I start it on them.

For the heavies I like Unibroue Trois Pistoles but haven't had access to it in years.

Squire, that is one of my favorites! It's a great dessert beer. I like to have it after dinner when I'm in the mood for a Belgian Quad style. I'm sorry you can't get it. I had a Straffe Hendrik Quad last night. It's different than the Unibroue but really good. I actually put a Trois Pistoles in the fridge when I took out the Straffe Hendril last night.

Today a very tasty brew, always loved the brew's from this brewery:

[h=1]Cellar 3: Silva Stout - Green Flash Brewing Co.[/h]

Cheers!

Don't hold it too long. I've heard that some of the latest batch turned bad.

Met up with Troyce in Asheville, NC and hit up some breweries. Did the Funkatorium for a flight, Asheville Brewing, Wicked Weed and Greenman. Asheville is an extremely cool town, and the walkabouts to the breweries makes for a fun time. The entire place had a great vibe. If you're a beer geek (I'm not, but simply enjoy beer and doing this kind of stuff), you owe it to yourself to hit Asheville up. Give yourself a couple of days, at least, as we didn't even scratch the surface. I will be going back.

Pics are of the flight of sours and funkys that I had at Funkatorium and the bar at Wicked Weed.

post-692-14489822700758_thumb.jpg

post-692-14489822701325_thumb.jpg

Revisit: It's been years since the last I've had this brew, still tasty.

Prima Pils - Victory Brewing Company

Cheers!

Very smokey Sunday here in the Western Slopes of CO, around 90. Did a little hike, bought a new coffee table, and having a pretty tasty brew. Many many years have passed since the last time I've had anything from this very tasty brewery. Very glad to see it available to me here. I might come back with another new brew.

IMG_3178_zpswaffpx9e.jpg

Cheers!

Dogfish 120 minute IPA. Proof that there is such a thing as too hopped. I know form visiting the brewery that this beer is very popular, just not for me.

Oskar Blues Dale's Pale...very nice. Mama's Lil Yella Pils...enjoying it more and more. Easy Jack from FW was a hit at the lake this past week, as was Oskar Blues Pinner the week before.

Living in Las Vegas has not yet put me in the mood for the Fall Fest beers being discussed. This too shall pass.

Dogfish 120 minute IPA. Proof that there is such a thing as too hopped. I know form visiting the brewery that this beer is very popular, just not for me.

Oskar Blues Dale's Pale...very nice. Mama's Lil Yella Pils...enjoying it more and more. Easy Jack from FW was a hit at the lake this past week, as was Oskar Blues Pinner the week before.

Living in Las Vegas has not yet put me in the mood for the Fall Fest beers being discussed. This too shall pass.

The contrast of the rich sweetness and the hops makes the DFH 120 the one in that series that I can enjoy more than some of their other DIPA's.

New Brew:

Been many years the last time I've had something from Alaskan Brewing

Alaskan Imperial Rye (Pilot Series) - Alaskan Brewing Co.

Cheers!

The contrast of the rich sweetness and the hops makes the DFH 120 the one in that series that I can enjoy more than some of their other DIPA's.

Another New Brew:

Oktoberfest - Brauhaus Riegele Collaboration - Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Cheers!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.