What beer are you drinking, SPRING 2015?

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just had their Cockeyed Cooper BW, it was fantastic.

Anniversary Barley Wine Ale - Uinta Brewing Company

Cheers!

[h=1]Undercover Investigation Shut-down Ale - Lagunitas Brewing Company[/h]

Cheers!

Just had their Cockeyed Cooper BW, it was fantastic.

That's a good one. Try Labyrinth Black Ale. The original version of Cockeyed Cooper was the BBB (Bourbon Barrel-Aged Barleywine), I thought it was way better.

Cheers!

The past week I got to have some really insane beers on tap. This past Sunday, my usual bar had a book release party for the assistant manager. Deschutes Stoic was lovely, but the highlight was the keg of Dragon's Milk Reserve with Raspberries they've been sitting on for about 7 months. Just a hint of the fruit, perfectly done. But the Tuesday before that was the highlight. My favorite bar is up to 4 bars in my area and the second one to open was celebrating 5 years. So they had 4 Hands Madagascar AND BCS Vanilla Rye. The BCS might have been the best beer I've ever had. Alas, they ran out well before everyone could get some, even doing 5 oz pours only, so they pulled out a 2014 BCS Barleywine for those that didn't get the Vanilla Rye. Mysteriously a glass of that showed up in front of me. It looked lonely, so I gave it a nice home.

Beyond that it's been a lot of session beers of late. A bit disappointed in Firestone Walker Easy Jack. It's just missing something compared to some other session IPA's out there (Founders All Day is still one of my favorites)

post-4091-14489822554092_thumb.jpg Very nice on an autumnal evening here in Chicago. My kind of weather!

Beginning my carbo loading for tomorrow's Peachtree Road Race 10k with a Creature Comforts Tropicalia IPA. :D Big pine scent gushed from the can upon opening, but it really turned into a nicely balanced IPA. Another 4 or 5 of these, and then a big bowl of spaghetti and meatballs, with a half dozen garlic rolls, and I'll be ready for that 5:00 AM wake up call and another jaunt down Peachtree Street. If I can get an early lead, I'm gonna reek so bad, nobody will want to catch me, and I may win it!!! :lol:

Beginning my carbo loading for tomorrow's Peachtree Road Race 10k with a Creature Comforts Tropicalia IPA. :D Big pine scent gushed from the can upon opening, but it really turned into a nicely balanced IPA. Another 4 or 5 of these, and then a big bowl of spaghetti and meatballs, with a half dozen garlic rolls, and I'll be ready for that 5:00 AM wake up call and another jaunt down Peachtree Street. If I can get an early lead, I'm gonna reek so bad, nobody will want to catch me, and I may win it!!! :lol:

A 10K? You have my respect brother. :bowdown: I ran 3 miles today and struggled some when my blood sugar dropped a little. I only at a small yogurt and banana before I ran. I made it. I will skip tomorrow and try again on Sunday! Good luck! Remember beer is also good for recovery!

I did try an interesting beer this week - This is not your Father's Root Beer. It tastes similar to root beer but with a nice kick. Must be popular with all the cool kids because it disappeared as soon as the store got it.

A 10K? You have my respect brother. :bowdown: I ran 3 miles today and struggled some when my blood sugar dropped a little. I only at a small yogurt and banana before I ran. I made it. I will skip tomorrow and try again on Sunday! Good luck! Remember beer is also good for recovery!

I did try an interesting beer this week - This is not your Father's Root Beer. It tastes similar to root beer but with a nice kick. Must be popular with all the cool kids because it disappeared as soon as the store got it.

Thanks, Broo. Peachtree has gotten so big, it's hard to call it a "Race". It's really just a big fun run for most of us 60,000 runners. By the time my time group starts, the elites will have been finished for over an hour! :lol: I hope to mosey along, check out the scenery, and get my t-shirt without too much pain. And, that recuperative beer is already chillin'!

:toast:

Had some Furious, Blakkr, and some Grapefruit Jungle. Happy 4th everyone!!

Had some Furious, Blakkr, and some Grapefruit Jungle. Happy 4th everyone!!

Indeed. My favorite is Abrasive. The Grapefruit Jungle is a local favorite from Sun King here in Hoosier land

Indeed. My favorite is Abrasive. The Grapefruit Jungle is a local favorite from Sun King here in Hoosier land

Fresh Squeezed IPA - Deschutes Brewery

King Crimson Red 1974 Atlantic Recording Corporation EX

Cheers!

[h=1]Pivo Pils - Firestone Walker Brewing Co.[/h]

Cheers!

Genesee Cream Ale on ice in the cooler. Will be an ideal quencher on a hot, humid day here in Chicago.

Didn't get around to posting this and then forgot about them but we had a little beer share going on the 4th. So many good bottles but at this point I can't even remember them all even with the picture.

The Mexican Cake was good as well as a homebrew from the Mostly Harmless Brewing Company that was their own take on Mexican Cake called Bandito.

A Drei Fonteinen Schaerbeekse Kriek was delightfully tart.

Bois from the Breury is always a delight and a Lambic from Bzart that was aged and treated as if it was a champagne was quite good if absurdly overpriced. It was compared to a Deus as well as a 2011 Infinium (the first year it was made I believe) that was long past it drink by date and had changed substantially while sitting on the shelf these past 3 1/2 or so years. I drank the other one I had shortly after purchasing and it was light and bubbly and pale yellow. This was darker and hazier and a bit brooding. Not awful but wasn't any better than the fresh version as I recall.

attachment.php?attachmentid=21208&stc=1

post-8493-14489822568158_thumb.jpg

Oh yeah - that stuff is great. Dangerous, as it hides the alcohol quite well. It's gotten extremely popular of late, but it's also getting some wider distribution. Pabst bought the brewer and is helping them expand. Should hit my area this summer (sometime).

After a solid week of mexican beers (Corona == Pacifico == Modelo, at least as far as I could tell! Negra Modelo when I could find it was nice though), it's nice to be back home.

Firestone Walker DBA finally hit here in bottles, nice! Stone WootStout, also really nice! Finishing it up with a Left Hand Wake Up Dead nitro. Not too shabby of an imperial stout, but coming after the Stone it just didn't measure up.

Had a Rochefort 10 yesterday. I remember liking it more in the past, though. Maybe it's a better wintertime brew.

I had a fun beer day today with my wife. We went to Kalamazoo to go to Bell's. They were selling tickets for their 30th anniversary Funvitational beer festival in September to celebrate 30 years of brewing beer. We got two tickets, knocked down a Two Hearted and left for Dark Horse.

Dark Horse has really spruced up their biergarten since I was last there in February. We enjoyed the beautiful day outside and I had a Crooked Tree, a red ale and a blueberry ale. I was really impressed with the blueberry ale. So impressed I left with a growler.

Psyched to find these Three Floyds beers today, as they are no longer readily available where I live. e7228f8f08746c6d1d43f5461265bd04.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.