What beer are you drinking, SPRING 2015?

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I picked up a bottle of Bloomington Brewing "10 Speed" Hoppy Wheat before checking into my hotel in Evansville. Absolutely disgustingly atrocious beer. Crap smells and tastes like cross between boiling Brussel Sprouts and a weeks worth of Uwe Blab's sweaty and dirty gym clothes.

If IU ever wants to eliminate on-campus drinking, they should make every Freshman chug a pint of this swill at Orientation...:puke:

Mother's Super Doozy! on tap at Bier Station (stellar!) . . . then, Boulevard The Calling (bottle) and North Coast Acme California IPA at home with pork chops on the grill . . . burrrp! Bourbon to follow . . . CEHTBP, 135.4, finishing this fine bottle, and a beautiful day in the Midwest.

I think either you got a bad bottle or are particularly prone to hyperbole! I had some of that today and thought it was perfectly drinkable, though quite a bit more floral than one might expect.

It wouldn't surprise me if that one could get pretty bad if it went "skunky", like any beer with a lot of hops can if not stored properly. It's not a favorite of mine, but not a drain pour either.

I had a Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron tonight and it was thick, rich, and delightful.

I picked up a bottle of Bloomington Brewing "10 Speed" Hoppy Wheat before checking into my hotel in Evansville. Absolutely disgustingly atrocious beer. Crap smells and tastes like cross between boiling Brussel Sprouts and a weeks worth of Uwe Blab's sweaty and dirty gym clothes.

If IU ever wants to eliminate on-campus drinking, they should make every Freshman chug a pint of this swill at Orientation...:puke:

Joe, get yourself over to Turoni's. Great pizza and they brew their own beers. http://www.turonis.com/locations.htm

Edited by Old Dusty

Joe, get yourself over to Turoni's. Great pizza and they brew their own beers. http://www.turonis.com/locations.htm

Thanks for the tip, E. That looks good! Unfortunately, I can't hit this trip as I'm heading home after meeting this AM. It was RiRa across from hotel last night. But back here next month, so I'll definitely try it out then!

:toast:

Long day deserves a cold beer. Cheers to my beer and bourbon brethren. 431a77731eaa2174b9bb1798c1914cf2.jpg

Long day deserves a cold beer. Cheers to my beer and bourbon brethren. 431a77731eaa2174b9bb1798c1914cf2.jpg

Love the glassware choice!

Love the glassware choice!

I really like Taxman Eric. The food is outstanding and so is the beer. I hope they keep pressing forward. I'm excited to see what the future hold from them.

Best label ever! For those unfamiliar, take a real close look at the bridge and tip of the nose. The beer was originally called Smells Like Weed by Dark Horse when it was a brewpub only beer. The feds wouldn't let them use that name when they started bottling it a year ago for the first time.

Best label ever! For those unfamiliar, take a real close look at the bridge and tip of the nose. The beer was originally called Smells Like Weed by Dark Horse when it was a brewpub only beer. The feds wouldn't let them use that name when they started bottling it a year ago for the first time.

Too funny. Thanks for history on that. Besides being funny it was pretty damn good to boot. Also love the Double Crooked Tree they do.

Finishing up some late afternoon work on my wall project with a Red Hare Long Day Lager. Perfect Summer beer. Easy drinking, but with a nice maltiness and solid flavor.

A rye pale ale from Cameron, one of the Hogtown (i.e., Toronto) local breweries. I think rye works very well in pale ale - everyone here will say natch - but also this formulation is very good. Today at a restaurant I had a flight with different beers but the most interesting thing was a cider made with crabapples. Presumably cider originally used the wild apple, and due to the small amount of sugar in the crabapple the taste was quite tart but quite appealing. It's a bit like a lambic beer or some Belgian sours. Made by Spirit Tree, a fast-growing local cidery.

Gary

Today it was 5 Stones Aloha Piña (pale ale with pineapple and roasted jalapeño), Epic Straight Up Saison, Bourbon County Stout 2014 and Pliny the Elder.

[h=1]PseudoSue - Toppling Goliath Brewing Company[/h]

Cheers!

Bell's Uranus, a Black Double IPA. Lots of hops but malty as well with a creamy head. I think I'll enjoy this 9.5% ABV pour over the next hour or so.

Undercover Investigation Shut-down Ale - Lagunitas Brewing Company

Cheers!

I love a pretty package...:D

post-692-14489822481297_thumb.jpg

post-692-14489822481887_thumb.jpg

I went to a fancy beer store. The man asked me what I like. I said, I'd like something like Lowenbrau used to be when it was imported from Germany back in the 60's and 70's. He sold me Ballast Point Longfin. It hit the spot, exactly!

Tim

I went to a fancy beer store. The man asked me what I like. I said, I'd like something like Lowenbrau used to be when it was imported from Germany back in the 60's and 70's. He sold me Ballast Point Longfin. It hit the spot, exactly!

Tim

It seems to me that the whole Ballast Point range is quite good, though I don't think I've tried the Longfin yet. Glad the man's tip worked out for you. That's always a pleasant surprise. I used to really enjoy the Japanese beer Sapporo Premium in the tall silver can but can't find anything that tastes like it, including Sapporo itself now that it's made in Canada.

New Holland's Mad Hatter IPA. Sorry to hear that this one is being retired by New Holland, as it has a nice flavor and is ideal on a hot summer day.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.