What beer are you drinking, SPRING 2015?

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Yup. Was digging in the beer corner while enjoying a Ruination and found a Hopslam and a Mars. Sunday afternoon is gonna be a Bells DIPA showdown!

Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout - North Coast Brewing Co.

Cheers!

I'm visiting one of my brothers in Syracuse to watch Michigan State play in the Sweet 16. Oklahoma down, Louisville to go. I spent my day in between games looking for beer and bourbon. I didn't find any bourbon that I can't already get but I did find some craft beer that I can't get in Michigan. Today's beers that I consumed included Ithaca Flower Power (I'm impressed), Bell's Two Hearted, Abita Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout (surprised it was as good as it was), Founder's KBS and Sam Adams Boston Lager.

I drank a ton of Sam Adams Boston Lager several years ago. What I drank back then and what I drank from the can today were two entirely different beers. The beer I had today was so bad I had to check the expiration date to make sure it wasn't old. It was dated May 2015. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. Maybe my taste buds were out of whack. But if it taste like crap again the next time, I will never drink that beer again. I still can't believe how bad it was.

Weyerbacher Old Heathen Imperial Stout... intriguing

I liked that one. You cannot go wrong with alot of Weyerbacher brew's.

Cheers!

[h=1]Would not buy again.

KCCO Black Lager - Resignation Brewery[/h]

Cheers!

2015 Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine Style Ale - Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Cheers!

Had a few new IPAs this weekend. I really enjoyed Great Lakes' Chillwave and Ballast Point's Sculpin. Also picked up the latest Stone Enjoy by 4/20/15. While Stone IPA is one of my top 10 beers, I didn't quite like this one as much as some of the enjoy by's that came out late last year.

2015 Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine Style Ale - Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Cheers!

Got on an Angry Orchid kick this evening (on tap at a local). Don't know why, but I love that stuff.

Squatters Full Suspension Pale Ale - Utah Brewers Cooperative

Cheers!

Just got a couple of bags of concrete poured and some rebar cut on my back yard project, just before the thunderstorms came rolling through. Yeeeessss! Now, out in the garage watching the fireworks with a wonderful Founders Black Rye. Maybe, it's that I'm just in a moment of great personal satisfaction, but this is scrumptious beer.

[h=1]Squatters Full Suspension Pale Ale - Utah Brewers Cooperative[/h]

Cheers!

We have been all over cans of Mad Tree Galaxy High, as good as any Ohio brewed DIPA.

Created a sixer from Total Wine yesterday: Franconia Pilsner (local brew), 2x Weihenstephaner Original, 2x Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, and a Rocherfort 10. $20 total, most expensive sixer I've ever bought, that's for sure. Trying the Franconia now after a bunch of yard work, it's hitting the spot. I've had the Weihenstephaner and Rochefort before but look forward to trying to the KBBA one of these days.

Revist

Brother Thelonious - North Coast Brewing Co.

Cheers!

Founders Blushing Monk and I hate to say I wish I would have bought a few more it's quite delicious!

Founders Blushing Monk and I hate to say I wish I would have bought a few more it's quite delicious!

Every other liquor store in Michigan still has numerous bottles of Blushing Monk. Every time I found a cheaper bottle, I purchased it. Now I got too many of these bottles in my cellar. It is a damn fine beer.

I celebrated today with a Sierra Nevada Celebration and a Founders KBS.

Every other liquor store in Michigan still has numerous bottles of Blushing Monk. Every time I found a cheaper bottle, I purchased it. Now I got too many of these bottles in my cellar. It is a damn fine beer.

I celebrated today with a Sierra Nevada Celebration and a Founders KBS.

I acquired a few as well and still see it on the shelf here and there. My only concern is it probably needs to be drunk sooner rather than later which is not always my strong suit.

Last night I found a DFH Midas Touch that had been hiding on a back shelf since mid 2012. A bit flat with none of the honey and spice I remember so I suspect it had long since past its peak.

I don't drink beer very often, but when I do, it's usually something from Sierra Nevada. Yesterday, I had a bottle of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, my first beer in a month or so and it was dam good!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.