What beer are you drinking, SPRING 2015?

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Nothing too crazy since I'm technically "working" on my annual self-review. Started with a Perennial Saison de Lis (wonderful spring /summer beer) then a Stone IPA as i get to the self-flagellation part of the review.

Bell's Saturn tonight. This is a really good bourbon barrel aged barleywine. Big heavy toffee and caramel in this one.

Bell's Saturn tonight. This is a really good bourbon barrel aged barleywine. Big heavy toffee and caramel in this one.

Glad to hear it's good. Should be hitting the shelves here soon.

Always a joy to drink.

Anniversary Barley Wine Ale - Uinta Brewing Company

Cheers!

For my 60th, a nice revisit.

Cockeyed Cooper - Uinta Brewing Company

Listening to some Ronnie Montrose - The Speed Of Sound

Cheers!

Edited by MTNBourbon

Trying the 2015 Stone Old Guardian Odd Year "Extra Hoppy" release. This is really pretty balanced overall, and dangerously drinkable for 11%. Recommended!

Trying the 2015 Stone Old Guardian Odd Year "Extra Hoppy" release. This is really pretty balanced overall, and dangerously drinkable for 11%. Recommended!

Very nice Barleywine. I've never had a mediocre brew Stone.

Cheers!

With the weather warming up, KC has seen quite a few releases of Radlers and we are thoroughly enjoying them.

Lemon Ginger Radler from Boulevard just go released in cans...the wife and I have already had our fair share on the patio.

I REALLY enjoyed this one! Need to grab another.

Had a stellar bottle share at a birthday gathering Saturday. Started with Lambics - Drie Armand & Tomme, Drie Hommage, 2010 Drie Oude Geuze, 2012 Cantillon St lamvinus, then a SBS of 2014 Drie Oude Gueze & Cantillon Gueuze Bio. All excellent, but A&T, Hommage, and St Lam were particularly great. Too many bottles to list followed the lambics, but a few standouts were Jackie O's Slim Pickens and Cab Cherryman, Cigar City Brandy Barrel Leon, and Rare Dos.

Had a stellar bottle share at a birthday gathering Saturday. Started with Lambics - Drie Armand & Tomme, Drie Hommage, 2010 Drie Oude Geuze, 2012 Cantillon St lamvinus, then a SBS of 2014 Drie Oude Gueze & Cantillon Gueuze Bio. All excellent, but A&T, Hommage, and St Lam were particularly great. Too many bottles to list followed the lambics, but a few standouts were Jackie O's Slim Pickens and Cab Cherryman, Cigar City Brandy Barrel Leon, and Rare Dos.

Sounds like fun! Love the lambic's and always enjoy a bottle share night. Nothing so interesting here with a Narwhal to pass the cool evening after getting home from weekend encompassing work trip last night..

Having recently returned from Phoenix after a long car journey, I brought home a few cases of beer as mixed six packs, all of which are unavailable to us here in Chicago. Last night I gave two bottles of Ninkasi Total Domination IPA a spin. Very nice indeed but I guess I was expecting more. On deck: SanTan's Hop Shock IPA.

Revisit

Union Jack India Pale Ale - Firestone Walker Brewing Co.

Cheers!

DFRNT IPA (formerly Victorian IPA) from Phoenix-based Sonoran Brewing Company. Tasty!

Having this tonight. Anxiously awaiting my trip to the gazebo tomorrow. 7416e044f949681b011a8cd28879da91.jpg

Having this tonight. Anxiously awaiting my trip to the gazebo tomorrow. 7416e044f949681b011a8cd28879da91.jpg

That's a nice one!

I had a Tart Side of the Moon from Brewery Vivant earlier tonight. The can states that it's a dark farmhouse ale made with Belgian yeast. I was expecting something a little funky but I got nothing of the sort. It was simply a good imperial stout. The yeast gave a nice cherry finish at the end. It took a while to get use to but I really enjoyed it by the end.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.