What beer are you drinking, SPRING 2015?

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Happy National Beer Day everyone!

I'm gonna start the celebration with a Shiner Birthday Beer...aka Shiner 106

Edited by johnnyoski

Had a Bells Two Hearted followed by a Sierra Nevada Bigfoot while watching hockey

I acquired a few as well and still see it on the shelf here and there. My only concern is it probably needs to be drunk sooner rather than later which is not always my strong suit.

Last night I found a DFH Midas Touch that had been hiding on a back shelf since mid 2012. A bit flat with none of the honey and spice I remember so I suspect it had long since past its peak.

Not neccesarily the case regarding Blushing Monk. We did the entire Backstage series on NYE. While not all held up, CBS was a disappointment, the original Blushing Monk held up really well. That led me to buy a few more than I would have with the '15 Blushing Monk release.

Weihenstephaner Korbinian last night. This beer reminded me that I need to pay more attention to the German beer section at the grocery store!

Weihenstephaner Korbinian last night. This beer reminded me that I need to pay more attention to the German beer section at the grocery store!

I love Weihenstephaner, but I haven't seen that one. Have you tried a dunkel from either Hofbrau or Hacker-Pschorr?

Monday night, I snuck a few Powerline Porters into Fast and Furious 7. I'm not a huge porter fan, but they hit the spot. Last night, I went with Galaxy Hero, which I was happy to see around again.

I love Weihenstephaner, but I haven't seen that one. Have you tried a dunkel from either Hofbrau or Hacker-Pschorr?

I haven't tried either of those yet, but I'll keep an eye out. Franziskaner also makes an excellent dunkel.

Revist

Trappistes Rochefort 10 - Brasserie de Rochefort

Cheers!

Ayinger makes some pretty tasty brew's also.

Cheers!

Make sure their fresh though.

Hopslam out back enjoying the warm weather after a monster busy day.

I had a Hopslam about a week go, I was stunned by how much it had deteriorated since January. The beer was kept cool and in the dark.

Now that outdoor work is fun (i.e., no parkas, snow shovels, thick gloves, or wet feet), I'm tidying up the utility room by taking some odds and ends bottles of holiday collections outside with me. Today, it was a Brooklyn Brewery Pennant I discovered behind a box.

I had a Hopslam about a week go, I was stunned by how much it had deteriorated since January. The beer was kept cool and in the dark.

Bummer. Hopefully, better luck for you on the rest. This bottle was good and showed no degradation, though I don't quite get the hyper-love it gets. I mean, it's good, but...That said, I haven't noticed any change since I got into these a couple of months ago. I'll say, I kept one over from last year and had it just before this years showed up, and I thought it was nice, as well. Not as much pop, but tasty nonetheless.

Bummer. Hopefully, better luck for you on the rest. This bottle was good and showed no degradation, though I don't quite get the hyper-love it gets. I mean, it's good, but...That said, I haven't noticed any change since I got into these a couple of months ago. I'll say, I kept one over from last year and had it just before this years showed up, and I thought it was nice, as well. Not as much pop, but tasty nonetheless.

Joe,

When it's fresh only days old it is really tart. As it ages it does lose it tart characteristics. Don't get me wrong it is still a very pleasureful drink. Just doesn't have that full bore hop flavor. I'm sure the remaining to bottles will be the same as the most recent one.

Will

Joe,

When it's fresh only days old it is really tart. As it ages it does lose it tart characteristics. Don't get me wrong it is still a very pleasureful drink. Just doesn't have that full bore hop flavor. I'm sure the remaining to bottles will be the same as the most recent one.

Will

Not neccesarily the case regarding Blushing Monk. We did the entire Backstage series on NYE. While not all held up, CBS was a disappointment, the original Blushing Monk held up really well. That led me to buy a few more than I would have with the '15 Blushing Monk release.

Good to know! How does the 2015 version of Blushing Monk stand up to the original? I never got a chance to try one of the original bottles.

Haven't contributed to this thread in awhile and here is one that may not be widely distributed but rocks it on a warm spring day! A collaboration between 3 Floyds and Sun King. Crisp and punchy Doppel.

post-9650-1448982221841_thumb.jpg

post-9650-1448982221841_thumb.jpg

Finishing the evening with a Sierra Nevada Hop Hunter. Unreal fresh hop aroma in this one.

Today a tasty lager.

[h=1]Wasatch Last One In Lager - Utah Brewers Cooperative[/h]

Cheers!

I do like Guinness, Deschutes Obsidian Stout & Black Butte Porter during the "winter". Michelob AmberBock is great after mowing the lawn or after a day of fishing and I keep Shiner Bock year round.

Otter Creek Brewing Co. Citra Mantra. This beer would be perfect if the weather was 30 degrees warmer outside.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.