Our ongoing observations about whether the boom has peaked

BigBoldBully

19 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

I would tend to use the term "legend."

Well, that got my attention as well. I had to look it up as well!

• I like it 1

What's with the photo on the ad.  I don't know what type of clientele they're trying to attract or what else goes on there?  Maybe not my type of place.

1 hour ago, PaulO said:

What's with the photo on the ad.  I don't know what type of clientele they're trying to attract or what else goes on there?  Maybe not my type of place.

Haha, I've been thinking the same thing. No judgment, but that sure is a very unorthodox interpretation of a "unicorn".

12 hours ago, Kane said:

Haha, I've been thinking the same thing. No judgment, but that sure is a very unorthodox interpretation of a "unicorn".

I have all sorts of comments and jokes running through my head, but let's just stick with that is a very odd, and probably poorly placed, advertisement.

I'm pretty sure a shapely Femme would have been better marketing

It looks like San Francisco finally hit Minnesota.

Not that there's anything wrong with that....

• I like it 1

I think it's perfect advertising. They're trying to ensure they only get people with a sense of humor.

That ought to cut the crowd down by at least 70%, which means maybe only three times as many people as bottles.

• I like it 6

3 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

I think it's perfect advertising. They're trying to ensure they only get people with a sense of humor.

That ought to cut the crowd down by at least 70%, which means maybe only three times as many people as bottles.

ding ding ding we have a winner!

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, Surtur said:

I have all sorts of comments and jokes running through my head, but let's just stick with that is a very odd, and probably poorly placed, advertisement.

I dunno about that.  Look at all the "interest" the advert has engendered just among us!:o

• I like it 2

• 1 month later...

I posted this over in the rye forum but wanted to mention it here as well. Not earthshaking news, but the price point on The Black Prince went over the line for most. Local ABC is cutting its losses. Most of their sale prices are for a month. 

BC20CEDF-BF8B-4D5F-B363-4B937AAE837A.png

• I like it 1

Don't know if it has peaked yet but it will.  A cooling off period will benefit us afficianados as it will mean more time in the barrel as sales are not as brisk.  Maybe we will get some small price relief but I wouldn't count on that one.

• I like it 1

Just overheard a distributor telling one of our larger LS mangers that they will be increasing their numbers of BT and Blantons specifically by 30%. Was trying to eavesdrop and hear if this would include any other or all BT productions but they walked out of earshot. 

• I like it 3

6 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Just overheard a distributor telling one of our larger LS mangers that they will be increasing their numbers of BT and Blantons specifically by 30%. Was trying to eavesdrop and hear if this would include any other or all BT productions but they walked out of earshot. 

Well put on your dark sunglasses and get back in there FH, you've gossip to spread...

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, bayouredd said:

Well put on your dark sunglasses and get back in there FH, you've gossip to spread...

Relevant contextual information red.. no gossip here

Just now, FasterHorses said:

Relevant contextual information red.. no gossip here

Even better. You had my interest there...

Good news, certainly.

Similar OWA news can't be too far around the corner.

Things overheard in a liquor store, particularly from distributor reps, should be taken with a boulder size grain of salt...

Context is important, here.  Could be the LS will get 4 bottles of Blanton’s a quarter, instead of 3...

• I like it 1

^^^^ I’d add that if recent releases of Weller products are taken into consideration, the rolling blackouts that are/have been/were in effect have produced the desired result.

Because IMO recent quality, if anything, has gone up...

• I like it 3

1 minute ago, smokinjoe said:

Could be the LS will get 4 bottles of Blanton’s a quarter, instead of 3...

I'll TAKE it!!!

6 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

I'll TAKE it!!!

Hey, a win’s a win!!

• I like it 1

• 4 weeks later...