What Bourbon did you pass up today? Spring/Summer 2015

DonutsNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Nice price for a 21 yr old bourbon. What don't you like about the whiskey?

had a shot of the 20 yo and it was all wood. another year in the barrel cant be any better.

IW Harper 15 yr at 70. Heard so many mixed responses to it that I think I'd rather try before I buy. The proof really has me on the fence. Pretty bottle.

had a shot of the 20 yo and it was all wood. another year in the barrel cant be any better.

Good pass for you then. Personally, I didn't find the 20 obnoxiously woody. In general I have found the OB series to be serviceable, and fairly priced options for highly aged bourbon. But, none have particularly been attention getting to me. I have only doubled up on purchases of the Barterhouse, for instance.

Passed on OWA. Don't see it much in Indy any more and I like it but it was a pass at $49.99.

Good pass for you then. Personally, I didn't find the 20 obnoxiously woody. In general I have found the OB series to be serviceable, and fairly priced options for highly aged bourbon. But, none have particularly been attention getting to me. I have only doubled up on purchases of the Barterhouse, for instance.

barterhouse i would grab. i liked that one best of the orphan series i got to try.

Passed on OWA. Don't see it much in Indy any more and I like it but it was a pass at $49.99.

I was up in NY-NJ this past weekend. I was hoping to find some ETL or ECBP or something but no dice. I did see some Balcones Single Malt for $90, though not bourbon, but I passed. One store had PS OBSK but no other recipes. Other than that, the selection I saw up there in two stores was pretty pitiful. I noticed two other stores for the first time in the same area we usually stay, so 'll check those out next time we're up there.

Edited by dcbt

Passed recently on a 4RPS OBSF very near to my house, went back this past w/e and it was gone. They have FC with the 6 yr age statement and passed that as well even though it fared very well in a recent 50ml sampling I did during a work trip. I may go back for one if any of those remain. Guess I am on hold for anymore 4RPS till the local stores get their most recent selections in, hopefully some of those stores picked F recipes as I want more of both the B and E varieties.

Fought the urge to buy a handle of Evan Williams Black. I already have some EWB on hand. But it had the limited edition red, white, and blue label for the 4th. Probably pick one up soon...Merica!

ETL for $79.99. I would like to keep a bottle of this stuff around, but that is an absurd price.

ETL for $79.99. I would like to keep a bottle of this stuff around, but that is an absurd price.

I thought my $39.99 was ridiculous; did you see this price at a certain store in Richmond?

I thought my $39.99 was ridiculous; did you see this price at a certain store in Richmond?

No, it was in Lexington down by UK. I understand the owner is running a business and that this product is in high demand, but I don't think I'll be shopping at this store anymore.

Passed on a ECBP at 52. Decent price just don't need another right now. Trying my best to hold off spending till the fall and drink the stuff I got.

Passed on a ECBP at 52. Decent price just don't need another right now. Trying my best to hold off spending till the fall and drink the stuff I got.

I feel the same exact way, but the ECBP was $63.

Only thing that piqued my interest at a store I stopped at for a soda that has a moderate bourbon selection was the ER10. I decided to pass just because I am trying to stay on an austerity program for a month or two to make paying off my next two CC bills easier as I have had a lot higher than normal expenditures the past month or two.

No, it was in Lexington down by UK. I understand the owner is running a business and that this product is in high demand, but I don't think I'll be shopping at this store anymore.

It's one thing to run a business, but to take advantage of a certain product you carry that ought to be priced at a much lesser price = not cool. There is a store in Richmond asking $80 for Stagg Jr; I will never be back.

Two things I wanted bad but was scared off by WA taxes: ECBP and Stagg Jr.

Passed on some Wild Turkey Diamond at $109. Price is coming down but still a pass for me. Also passed on some BMH (NAS, Red Label) for the ridiculous price of $199.99. Also saw a shelf full of Forged Oak but already have one unopened and have heard mixed reviews on it so didn't want to grab another. I think it was $75.

Weller 12 1.75 and ECBP (didn't check which batch #), both priced at $69.99

My son is in Louisville this weekend. He called and read off bottle names while at Liquor Barn. I passed on all. Just nothing different than we find in Indy. The bourbon guy told him they sold their last VSOF 12 yesterday.

I did pass on something that I saw at CVS today. Jethro T. Boots. Never heard of it. According to Sku's website, it is made by Barton.

ECBP 128 for $70.. Also orvw10 for $1000, PVW20 for $2k, 20yr for $3k! Ouch!

passed on MMCS @ 79.99. state min is 59.99 and this place has a big sign out front saying they do state min pricing. :/

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.