What bourbon are you enjoying? Summer 2015!

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Whatever works squire, whatever works. I won't quibble if the man is getting results.

On topic, I'm still on a Turkey kick tonight. Finished the RR10yr with two pours. I have to say I came around on this one. Like others, I started being pretty unimpressed and wishing it had more proof. While I still wish it had more proof, I really came to appreciate the flavor. I followed with Rare Breed, a perennial favorite, and while I like it better, the RR10 is different enough to warrant another purchase.

I haven't decided what I'm having tonight but it's sure going to be over ice.

I need to put a bottle of OGDBIB in the freezer.

I haven't tried the freezer yet but I currently have a fifth of FC103 and a partial 200ml of OGDBIB and WT101 in the door of the fridge for the warmer days. I guess I will go move one of the small bottles in there to try next time I have a pour.

Well I've got a bottle of RR Single Barrel in the rotation right now that's higher proof at 110. But for the extra money, I don't think you're missing much. Would be curious to try them side by side. There's something about the standard RR 10 that just hits the spot.

Been enjoying Ezra B lately. First time I tried it. Seems to benefit a lot by letting it breathe a while. It has that Heaven Hill magic. Basic but celestial.

mm46 while working on getting everything installed back to my work desktop after having to do a clean install of windows. Working off the laptop's tiny screen today sucked. :/

Probably time for a new desktop tower but after my bourboncation and other recent spending I want to hoold off as long as possible since it will cost me upwards of 1.5k for what I need work wise.

Brutal week (and only Tuesday!) called for some OBSO, OBSK, and a mingle of CEHT BP + ND BDL. Feeling a little better ;)

Wheater theme tonight so re-visiting Larceny, what a great pour. I hope I run out before (or after) the snow flies so I don't have to drive in that crap to IN to replenish the bunker.

Edit: switched it up: Bookers 2014-07. mmmmm

Edited by fozzy71

Cracked open my OBSF this evening. First time I've had this recipe, picking up a lot of mint. I can't say I'd reach for this often or year-round, but on a 99 degree evening it's tasting awfully nice.

Some EH Taylor single barrel. Then WT Rare Breed. Probably close out with Old Weller Antique before bed.

Finished off a bottle of ER10, the slightly older label with the 10 on the neck. Really good, so I am glad I have another bottle from the same barrel (presumably anyway, since they were together on the shelf).

ER10 is one of the bourbons I recommend to people who want to try a good bourbon (once I persuade them there is more to bourbon than MM or JBW). I have yet to find someone who does not like it.

Wheater theme tonight so re-visiting Larceny, what a great pour. I hope I run out before (or after) the snow flies so I don't have to drive in that crap to IN to replenish the bunker.

Working my way through my first bottle of Larceny. What a nice pour it is.

Love this stuff....<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q572/mikejouett/20150715_195327_zpsdte0xtcs.jpg' alt='20150715_195327_zpsdte0xtcs.jpg'>

Started with a little of the Devil's ECBP. Following that up with the final pour of some Stagg JR batch 2. Looking forward to moving on to batch 3.

Sipping on some of my WT101 that was infused with an oak spiral stave. As a result I was able to consolidate the first bottle with the second one I did which frees up some shelf space to consider opening another new bottle or two. Yippeeee!!!

I also had a Stagg Jr batch 2 pour tonight, then a smaller Weller 12, while watching Suits.

Finished off a bottle of ER10, the slightly older label with the 10 on the neck. Really good, so I am glad I have another bottle from the same barrel (presumably anyway, since they were together on the shelf).

ER10 is one of the bourbons I recommend to people who want to try a good bourbon (once I persuade them there is more to bourbon than MM or JBW). I have yet to find someone who does not like it.

My appreciation for ER10 has grown quite a bit with each store select bottle I come across.

I also had a Stagg Jr batch 2 pour tonight, then a smaller Weller 12, while watching Suits.

Nice, I have been binge watching this the past couple weeks since there isn't much else new to watch and finally am on the premiere for this season.

PVW 15 as a birthday treat..

Happy B'Day

Nice, I have been binge watching this the past couple weeks since there isn't much else new to watch and finally am on the premiere for this season.

This season is kind of a letdown to me so far. It's still a must-see because of the dearth of summer programming, but I'm hoping it didn't jump the shark before my eyes.

Never started watching "Suits", but I will be watching the latest episode of "Mr Robot" later tonight.

Drinking some good ol' W.L. Weller Special Reserve on ice with a splash of well water... Just something about that good fresh limestone filtered water to release those subtle hidden flavors!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!