What bourbon are you enjoying? Summer 2015!

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Whoa!! I didn't think it was possible for them to end up with barrels at that proof what with the single level warehouses and how much control they have over the aging. That must have been something else! Heck of a night.

In hindsight, I wish I had photographed the bottles. I was also surprised by the proof (both were clearly labeled), and was trying to be too polite to ask too many questions about them. Al just politely noted that he'd made good with the folks in the QC lab and they had taken to bottling up some of the pull samples for him to take on the road. My guess is that they are too young for JR to pull for retail bottling, thus the higher proof. Maybe my theory is off base though, as I couldn't find anything about either one to complain about. :grin:

These two were sort of the elephant in the room secret, as both bottles were kept out of sight, but available upon request.

I hit that OBSO hard! :o

Poured a small taste of Old Forester B'Day Bourbon from 2012.

Been seeking an end to my 'sinus infection taste sabbatical', and maybe it's coming soon. I was able to taste most of what I expected, ....but NOT ALL. Another few days or a week, maybe.

Started with some GBS ETL before moving on to HHSS SB#1. Finishing up a long Sunday with some OBSO.

CEHTBP 129 proof over a big ice cube. Seriously good bourbon, and packs a punch so not much more I can add to this on a Sunday night.

Stocked with daily pour type bottles today but decided to hit FRLESmB 125th. I save it to share with family and friends but it was over half full so I decided to treat myself. After a weekend of wheaters (MMCS, OWA, WL12), it is a nice treat and change of pace.

stagg jr batch 1 neat at room temp then ogdbib out of the fridge. Not sure what is next, maybe wt101 or FC103 from the fridge. I was going to stop after two pours but no one likes a quitter.........

Had a Journeyman + Carpana Antica Manhattan before dinner. OGD BIB while I did a Santa Maria tri-tip roast on the grill.

Enjoying a pour of Last Millennium by the pool at dusk after a very busy weekend. Finally some relaxing just in time for the grind to start again.

Finishing off the night rather confused with some excellent Smooth Ambler Contradiction...this is becoming one of my favorites.

It's been a Turkey kind of night so far. RR10yr to wet the whistle while recovering from some yard work. WTRB while prepping some chops for the grill. It's yet to be determined what I'll follow dinner with.

This w/e was some 1792 which I am really loving and some EC12. Finished the w/e with a pour of GBS OESO, so good!!

After a stormy, hot and steamy day at work, I'm enjoying a nice pour of Blanton's. It's tasting real good today.

Sad to say this bottle is almost empty. Speaking of which, if anyone needs a Blanton's "T" bottle topper, send me a pm.:cool:

Cheers! Joe

I'm still working on that handle of Weller SR I found in my cartrunk. I think it is replenishing itself at night while I sleep. If only that were true . . .

I'm still working on that handle of Weller SR I found in my cartrunk. I think it is replenishing itself at night while I sleep. If only that were true . . .

I'd like to store a bottle of George T Stagg in your trunk for a while so it too can develop the ability to replenish itself.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!