What bourbon are you enjoying? Summer 2015!

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finally getting into my 4 Roses<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q572/mikejouett/20150710_195349_zps0ebnrxe7.jpg' alt='20150710_195349_zps0ebnrxe7.jpg'>

A small taste of W12 to remember what it's like neat so I can compare it with a bigger pour of my W12/OGD114 vatting I made the other day. If I like the next pour more it will be time to make a vatting in a bigger bottle.

edit to add: cant decide. the vatting has a nice spice kick to it but not sure which I prefer. guess it's time for a SbSbS of W12, OGD114 and the vatting of the 2.

Edited by fozzy71

I'm working on the handle of Weller SR I "found" in my trunk. EDIT which followed a sip from my JB Rye green 90 proof which I forgot about.

At the moment, Jack Daniel's and Coke Zero. Soon to be Buffalo Trace neat. Old Forester on the rocks with dinner.

ECBP Batch 8. First neat, then with a little water. The bottle continues to impress.

doing a side by side of CEHT SmB and SB to see which I prefer... and honestly, I can't tell much of a difference. both taste great to me! also did a 1792 earlier and that's turning into one of my favs

A nice pour of WLW 125.3 while waiting for the coffee. Another Saturday morning at home. Now if I only had a paper to read!

I had the pleasure of attending a small private meet and greet yesterday evening. The guest of honor was 4R ambassador Al Young, who was kind enough to bring along a couple of barrel proof 750's he said he had gotten from the quality control lab. One was an OESF and the second was an OBSO, both bottled at 140 proof. Wow, just wow... Both were great, but the OBSO ended up being one of the best bourbons I've ever had the pleasure to drink.

The food was pretty great also. A lot of bourbon influenced/bourbon infused food, drink and desserts. I didn't have a pour of the standard SB, SmB or YL, but did have a Ky Sunrise (YL, OJ, grenadine and some mixed fruit). As you would expect, I focused on the sample barrel proofers and ended up with one pour of the OE and three pours of the OB (along with a good cigar). Yes, I'd have to call it a pretty good night...:toast:

I had the pleasure of attending a small private meet and greet yesterday evening. The guest of honor was 4R ambassador Al Young, who was kind enough to bring along a couple of barrel proof 750's he said he had gotten from the quality control lab. One was an OESF and the second was an OBSO, both bottled at 140 proof. Wow, just wow... Both were great, but the OBSO ended up being one of the best bourbons I've ever had the pleasure to drink.

The food was pretty great also. A lot of bourbon influenced/bourbon infused food, drink and desserts. I didn't have a pour of the standard SB, SmB or YL, but did have a Ky Sunrise (YL, OJ, grenadine and some mixed fruit). As you would expect, I focused on the sample barrel proofers and ended up with one pour of the OE and three pours of the OB (along with a good cigar). Yes, I'd have to call it a pretty good night...:toast:

Whoa!! I didn't think it was possible for them to end up with barrels at that proof what with the single level warehouses and how much control they have over the aging. That must have been something else! Heck of a night.

I'm having a quartet of OS brothers tonight. Started with the OSSB 8y. Very good.

post-9285-14489822571577_thumb.jpg

I'm thoroughly enjoying this RRSmBSB. Great job, GBS!

I'm following suit - I think we done good! :yum:

Sipping on some VOB BiB that I just hunted down. Some damn fine bourbon, especially at only $13 per bottle! I'm just sorry I hadn't tried it until now. Especially since it's getting very hard to find around here. Liquor Barn told me it's now on allocation.

Enjoying a second pour of Larceny. Just the perfect velvety sweetness for a warm summer night with the ballgame on TV.

Just having a good ole time with a nice pour of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof....

Finishing up the evening with some CEHTSB...good night

A store select ER10. Had a Jack & Coke earlier while playing croquet in the Texas heat with a 6 year-old.

following it up with this, just makes me realize what I was missing in college.

Main Street Liquors Store Select Four Roses Single Barrel OBSV, aged 8 years and 6 months, warehouse CN, barrel 5-3Q.

Excellent.

SAOS 8yr cask strength. I wasn't sure about this after the first couple pours. Thought it might be in the same family as the 10yr 100 proof which I really didn't like. But this 8 yr has really turned into a fine whiskey. I don't know if this is the higher rye mashbill (whereas the 10 yr is the low rye) but I'm guessing it is. If it's the low rye, I suppose it's possible the higher proof makes a difference.

I'm not going to attempt any taste descriptions because I still have a bit of a head cold and don't trust what I'd say.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!