What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Summer 2015

JGriff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It's Summer y'all. Ok. Russell 10 yr for me at $32. Is that priced right?

Ooooooh, I'd say it's definitely priced right!

Happened upon some of the latest Atlanta restock of Rock Hill Farms so I grabbed one.

The girlfriend picked me up a bottle of Very Old Barton "because it was only $9!"

Rescued 45 of these little guys from their captors :cool:. WTRB 03 108.2 at $1.99 each - works out to $29.85 per 750 mL, 3x. A good day!!!

post-11018-14489822619208_thumb.png

A buddy is finally free from his 8 month alcohol hiatus. Something about his wife being pregnant and he was sharing in her inability to drink. Bah! Just made him about as moody!

But they've got a new little girl and the Baby Q to celebrate and restock is tomorrow so a store pick 4R OBSF sounded like a good gift.

On vacation in Texas this week, so I picked up a CEHTSB and 2 OWA's today. Since I finally found some OWA, I now have W12 and OWA at the same time for the first time, so I may just have to mix up some SB Blend! Of course, I am down to my last 2 bottles of W12, so it may not be a big batch! Hoping to find other good stuff later this week when we leave Austin and move on to San Antonio and then Houston.

This was the first time I ran across Rock Hill Farms, so I purchased a bottle along with a bottle of Rittenhouse Rye BIB for <$25. The manager had given me a taste and found it spicy and for the price I figured I could not go wrong. I also had my wife's cousins 60th birthday party to go to. I picked him and myself up a Elijah Craig Barrel Proof (128).

Picked up the Rhetoric 21 year, new CEHTBP, SAOS 8 year, and another Booker's. It's the 128 proof from last fall, couldn't pass it up at $49.

Picked up some WT101, as well as some KC. I'm definitely new to bourbon, and have been a beer drinker most of my drinking life. KC is good and I think I want to try their single barrel next. Not sure what to think of WT101, will have to spend some more time with it tonight.

Grabbed another 750ml of EC12 to restock an empty slot in the bunker.

My wife hates doing the grocery shopping each week, so I can earn brownie points by spending a couple hours on Sunday afternoon at WalMart. As a side benefit, I can use the opportunity to slip a bottle or two of bourbon into my cart without any questions asked. Luckily our WalMart has the lowest local prices for EC12 ($24 750ml), standard Buffalo Trace ($18 750ml), WL Weller SR ($33 1.75l), 4RSmB ($27 750ml), and a few others. It's also the only store around right now that has Blanton's in stock ($52).

Just making effective and efficient use of my opportunities!

Thanks to an SBer (Hi, J - ), I picked up 4 750s of OGD 114 at well below local retail. I did leave some (well, one,) on the shelf and only went to one store.

Grabbed another 750ml of EC12 to restock an empty slot in the bunker.

My wife hates doing the grocery shopping each week, so I can earn brownie points by spending a couple hours on Sunday afternoon at WalMart. As a side benefit, I can use the opportunity to slip a bottle or two of bourbon into my cart without any questions asked. Luckily our WalMart has the lowest local prices for EC12 ($24 750ml), standard Buffalo Trace ($18 750ml), WL Weller SR ($33 1.75l), 4RSmB ($27 750ml), and a few others. It's also the only store around right now that has Blanton's in stock ($52).

Just making effective and efficient use of my opportunities!

Those are all some nice prices.

Thanks to an SBer (Hi, J - ), I picked up 4 750s of OGD 114 at well below local retail. I did leave some (well, one,) on the shelf and only went to one store.

I will be stocking up (more) on this myself later this week before we get hit with the price hike here on Saturday.

Somehow I ran into a Parkers Heritage #5 (coniac finished) in the wild today. Along with some Stagg Jr at a great price.

Happened upon some of the latest Atlanta restock of Rock Hill Farms so I grabbed one.

I followed suit on this one - thanks again Rich!

Found some SAOS 7yr for $35 on vacation this weekend in NC...heard the 7yr was better than the 10yr so I picked one up for the price and moved my Eagle Rare to the bargain cart in the other room :D

200ml of WT101 and 375ml of OGDBIB for more small vatting bottles since I only have 1 empty Bulleit pint at the moment.

OGDBIB for $16 and change, in MS. They're charging $25-28 in Memphis, so I had to get it on.

Hit a store out of town I had never seen before. They had all sorts of stuff that I don't usually see on the shelves around here. Got an Old Forester 1870, David Nicholson 1843 (said distilled at DSP-KY-16 on the label, but after some research I don't believe it), Blade & Bow, plus a ER10 store select. Got home and since my wife has started to look at me a bit askance lately re bourbon purchases, I broke the ice by telling her how many other things I had passed on. Her response: "Are you going back?" Bless her heart.

One of the few local stores near me with reasonable prices just marked up KCSB from $35 to $45...so I consoled myself by walking out with a Maker's 46. I guess they haven't gotten around to repricing that one just yet.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!